ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Signature date on Section 5 and Section 6

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Signature date on Section 5 and Section 6

Post by imran22 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 am

Hello Members

I have got my referees to sign the form yesterday but I haven’t filled section 6 yet. My question is does the applicant’s signature date in section 6 (Declaration by applicant) has to be earlier or equal to Referee signature date in section 5?

I can’t find anything regarding this in guideline and I can’t see anything which says that application should be fully completed before the reference.

What date should I put in please? Can I put a date in October when I am going for my NCS appointment or does it have to be yesterday’s date?

Many thanks for help

VR

Signature of Referee

Post by VR » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am

Imran22,

It is natural to be anxious about imaginary issues in the final leg of the immigration journey.

You can get the signature of the referee 1 month before you actually get to submit your application or if you are a person who plans meticulously you could have even got their signature earlier.

It hardly makes any difference. The date you sign put that date and submit to NCS. It does not have to be equal to , greater than or less than the referee's signature date (God you had me sweating)....
Good Luck
vr

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: Signature of Referee

Post by imran22 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:54 pm

VR wrote:Imran22,

It is natural to be anxious about imaginary issues in the final leg of the immigration journey.

You can get the signature of the referee 1 month before you actually get to submit your application or if you are a person who plans meticulously you could have even got their signature earlier.

It hardly makes any difference. The date you sign put that date and submit to NCS. It does not have to be equal to , greater than or less than the referee's signature date (God you had me sweating)....
Good Luck
vr
Thanks VR

So it is fine if i sign my application day before my NCS appointment but the referee signatures will be dated some date in September? Also it is not mandatory for the application pack to be fully completed before someone gets a referee to sign it?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello Members

Can someone confirm if their signature date in section 6 was after the signature date of the referees and their application was successful without any problems? E.g. Referees signed on 1st September, 2013 and the applicant signed the application on 14th October, 2013 for an appointment on 15th October 2013.

Do you think for simplicity I should just sign the application with the date of 1st September, 2013 as well?

I read a post on the forum where Check & Send staff pointed the same issue to someone and asked them to change the date.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:13 pm

There is no problem if the referee signed before the main applicant. That is normal, you put the date you actually signed the form.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 pm

D4109125 wrote:There is no problem if the referee signed before the main applicant. That is normal, you put the date you actually signed the form.
Thank you Amber for putting my mind to rest. I think I will sign the application with same date as the referees which will be a month and few days before my NCS appointment. I hope this doesn't cause any issues?