ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General ILR Rule Change ...............

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MACY
Pakistan

Tier1 General ILR Rule Change ...............

Post by MACY » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 am

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, I have my ILR due by 2016 and i got my extension done recently. I just want to ask that can they change the rule for ILR for us in next 2 years?? I mean what if they change the rules for naturalization and ILR?? i am saying this bcoz they r changing rules every now and then. I do have an opportunity to migrate to another country and i am afraid that if after waiting so long they tell u to go home then all these 8 9 years are not worth it. I may sound bit childish but just in case. I hope to hear from you. thanks

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I am also due on mid-2016.
this is very hypothetical question, and no one can predict anything, including home Office :cry:
Also things may change post 2015 Elections.

which country you have opportunity to migrate to?

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:05 pm

I meant to say that, can they change the ILR requirements for us as we are already on the way to it? Like they did to hsmp before? I mean is their anything that we can rely on that our future is at least protected by some sort of laws ?? or we r just hanging around on their mercy?? Coz if they change the rules for us then their is no entitlement for us anyway. I have spent 8 years already n by the time i will be having 10 years spent altogether and if its still on their mercy i would rather go somewhere else.

I am getting chance to go Australia by the way. Cheers.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 am

As said earlier, nothing can be predicted. But general sentiment is definitely anti-immigrantion, as also reflected through constant change of rules. sorry not scaring you!
I asked about next country as i was hoping it to be USA, in which case i would have encouraged you to move, due to personal experience, but got no idea about Australia :(
I just have been here for 2 yrs and need 3 more yrs for ILR and i personally would suggest to stay on, as 2 yrs more when you already 'survived' 8 years may be worth it?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Nobody can foresee the future.

They may indeed make changes to the requirements. Some changes may be easier to pass than others, but I think if there's a reasonable expectation of going through to ILR and eventually settlement, there's little they can do to change that. Obviously if that expectation is built on unreasonable expectation (e.g. loopholes) then it's much more likely for the rules to change out of your favour.

I think it's low risk to stick around and wait for ILR if that's what you want to do, but it's a call that you have to make for yourself.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.