ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

ali90 wrote:Good news guys got call from my lawyer got my permit there with 2.5 years leave but with no public funds whichddon't matter to ne
Congratulations my friend, enjoy!!!!!!!!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am

ali90 wrote:Good news guys got call from my lawyer got my permit there with 2.5 years leave but with no public funds whichddon't matter to ne
.congrats

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am

Whoop whoop!!! Congratulations!!! Have a happy ever after!!!!
( your poor sister though)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm

[quote="yummymummy3j"]@alina143... you shld get acknowledgement letter within 2weeks but in my case i got it 4wks after[/quote]

Hello, you should get the acknowledgement letter any moment from now. In my second application, they did not acknowledge they just sent the biometric within 2 weekS of application. so you never know with HO.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm

[quote="ali90"]Good news guys got call from my lawyer got my permit there with 2.5 years leave but with no public funds whichddon't matter to ne[/quote]

Congratulations, you have earned it. Enjoy.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 pm

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” I was optimistic last year at the apparent reintroduction of the 7-year rule. This followed the caselaw which in turn had followed the old policy of DP/5/96, which said that where a child had lived in the UK for seven years, it would not usually be reasonable to expect them to leave.

However, the reality of the situation has turned out to be less than ideal. The EX.1 part of Appendix FM is only applicable to those who also meet certain specified parts of the Immigration Rules – so, for example, UKBA are currently refusing applications where the applicant does not have ‘sole responsibility’ for the child and therefore cannot meet E-LTRPT.2.3 of Appendix FM which states that:

E-LTRPT.2.3. Either-

(a) the applicant must have sole parental responsibility for the child or the child normally lives with the applicant and not their other parent (who is a British Citizen or settled in the UK); or
(b) the parent or carer with whom the child normally lives must be-

(i) a British Citizen in the UK or settled in the UK;
(ii) not the partner of the applicant (which here includes a person who has been in a relationship with the applicant for less than two years prior to the date of application); and
(iii) the applicant must not be eligible to apply for leave to remain as a partner under this Appendix.

Essentially, the interpretation of EX.1 being applied by UKBA excludes married or partnered parents from the policy. This seems like insanity: given that the rule is, according to UKBA’s own guidance, in existence in order to ensure that the rights of the child are respected, what does the marital status of their parents have to do with it? Are UKBA seriously suggesting that parents who apply jointly are excluded, thus encouraging them to divorce in order to ensure their child gets to continue in education?

The application of the rule seems to fly in the face of the purpose of it and also the guidance. Such decisions may also contravene Article 8 ECHR as applied outside Appendix FM. The only way to challenge is usually via judicial review. Needless to say, I’ve spent much of the last fortnight writing judicial reviews on this point.
Because of that our 7 year child application refused. Could you elaborate please?[/quote]

@ Shondra. What the HO are are doing is unlawful. They are only considering the parents application under 276ADE but are not even considering the children under 276ADE (iv) as far as I can understand from my refusal. They didn't even attempt to consider. I have written a reconsideration letter stating the obvious and hope to have them refuse my children under that context. In the meantime I am pushing for a removal decision.[/quote]

Hi Nile

As you are pushing a removal decision. If they issue removal decision what should be outcome or next step. if you don`t mind Please explain.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 pm

[quote="ali90"]Good news guys got call from my lawyer got my permit there with 2.5 years leave but with no public funds whichddon't matter to ne[/quote]

ali90

Congratulations

Massive win for you and forum after a long battle.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

tei123

Post by tei123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

congrats Ali90 enjoy your freedom :D :D :D :D :D

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 pm

ali90- you got it. Wonderful. Am happy for you
Your expectation will manifest very soon

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 pm

thanks everyone for all the support :) all i would say is that this forum helped me alot especially with replies to HO because when they asked for more documents someone on here told me to attach all the policies with it that i come under and that seem to have helped so thanks to that person whoever it was. i have won this without my lawyer he just send the application but the main work was done when they request more documents. my case was more harder to win than my sisters so i guess it also depends on the caseworker too.

no one should give up . because if i can get the stay with me being over stayer from 2001. then everyone else can aswell.

just got one query tho haha. i got the permit but how do i get the passport lol like if i have to go to different country in europe or anywhere

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:23 pm

ali90 wrote:thanks everyone for all the support :) all i would say is that this forum helped me alot especially with replies to HO because when they asked for more documents someone on here told me to attach all the policies with it that i come under and that seem to have helped so thanks to that person whoever it was. i have won this without my lawyer he just send the application but the main work was done when they request more documents. my case was more harder to win than my sisters so i guess it also depends on the caseworker too.

no one should give up . because if i can get the stay with me being over stayer from 2001. then everyone else can aswell.

just got one query tho haha. i got the permit but how do i get the passport lol like if i have to go to different country in europe or anywhere
You need to apply for your home country's passport from the consulate here in the UK. Just include the blank passport along with the biometric card, whenever you need to travel or apply for a foreign visa.
All your residency status and all other information are on the card, the passport is just your travel document. Congratulations again!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Congratulation @ali90 enjoy your freedom mate!!!!!!!! wonderful

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm

hatchsead wrote:
ali90 wrote:thanks everyone for all the support :) all i would say is that this forum helped me alot especially with replies to HO because when they asked for more documents someone on here told me to attach all the policies with it that i come under and that seem to have helped so thanks to that person whoever it was. i have won this without my lawyer he just send the application but the main work was done when they request more documents. my case was more harder to win than my sisters so i guess it also depends on the caseworker too.

You need to apply for your home country's passport from the consulate here in the UK. Just include the blank passport along with the biometric card, whenever you need to travel or apply for a foreign visa.
All your residency status and all other information are on the card, the passport is just your travel document. Congratulations again!!
okay thanks will be doing all of that soon. and also going to apply for insurance number and damn no public fund no more free dentist -_- haha

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:37 pm

@ali90 celebrate your freedom mate!!!!!!!!!! forget about public fund, get sort out everything and do hard work mate. even public fund makes people lazy and dump, work hard young man, you will make your life better. God bless

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 celebrate your freedom mate!!!!!!!!!! forget about public fund, get sort out everything and do hard work mate. even public fund makes people lazy and dump, work hard young man, you will make your life better. God bless
yeah i am going to work hard. finally my life is started properly lol. na had enough of being lazy time to go out and work and get some fresh air and make my own future and hopefully in 2.5 years time there be less stress to extend it -_-

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm

ali90 wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 celebrate your freedom mate!!!!!!!!!! forget about public fund, get sort out everything and do hard work mate. even public fund makes people lazy and dump, work hard young man, you will make your life better. God bless
yeah i am going to work hard. finally my life is started properly lol. na had enough of being lazy time to go out and work and get some fresh air and make my own future and hopefully in 2.5 years time there be less stress to extend it -_-
Congratulations Ali so happy for you. Enjoy Ur freedom
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:19 pm

ali90 wrote:
Please be warned, extension is not less stressful. Almost a year, we are still waiting to get an extension of our visa.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Congrats Ali90. Goodluck in all your future endeavours.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Congrats Ali90. Goodluck in all your future endeavours.

Congratulations Ali90, your perseverance paid off. Enjoy your freedom and I pray your sister to join you in celebrating hers soon as well (Amen).

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
ali90- you got it. Wonderful. Am happy for you
Congrats!!!!

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:42 pm

does anyone have the link or number to call to apply for national insurance number the number i have it cuts itself off after a bit :|

tei123

Post by tei123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 pm

ali90 wrote:does anyone have the link or number to call to apply for national insurance number the number i have it cuts itself off after a bit :|

Jobcentre Plus application line
Telephone: 0845 600 0643
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Welsh language: 0845 602 1491
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm

the free number didnt work. the 0845 gave me appointment for october

EB1227
Newly Registered

Post by EB1227 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:20 pm

ali90 wrote:
EB1227 wrote:
ali90 wrote:hi all i just wanted to know that after you have submitted further documents if request how long does it usually take to get a decision

and also some lawyer on tv said that if u call HO regularly to find out about your application they will get fed up and refuse you is it true or it depends if you are calling to get a update rather than writting letter straight to the caseworker
from the time thry asked for more documents to the time I received my bio card was 7 weeks I wkuld reccomend waiting about 4 weeks to see if thry get back to you and if they dont contsct your mp snd let them phone on ur behalf they will get more information out if them about the status if ur case

@ali91 i was applying for a extension i was previously granted 3 years dlr based on family life in the uk my husband and 2 children are british when they requested more info it was for my familys passport and my husband proof of income and gp letters.usually when they request more info it is good news cause it means that they are considering your case so be postive there is good news to come your way very soon