ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it a law to notify change of address

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asif007
Newly Registered

Is it a law to notify change of address

Post by asif007 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 am

could somebody please tell me is it a law to inform UKBA when you change your address?

I have PSW visa. I am going to apply Tier 4 Student visa on 16/09 PEO.

When I had applied PSW I was living at address A
Now almost a year ago I have changed my address to B

What should I do? Should I inform UKBA? Can they refuse my visa on the basis that I failed to inform UKBA where I am living?

Please reply

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Is it a law to notify change of address

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:35 pm

asif007 wrote:could somebody please tell me is it a law to inform UKBA when you change your address?

What should I do? Should I inform UKBA? Can they refuse my visa on the basis that I failed to inform UKBA where I am living?

Please reply
You will have to provide ur current address with the form when u make the app at PEO and it is highly advisable to let ukba know change of address throughout ur stay while under immigration control. should there be any query or if they ever need to get through to u.

it is not a law to tell them ur address and ur application will not be refused as this is not a ground for refusal.

asif007
Newly Registered

Re: Is it a law to notify change of address

Post by asif007 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am

njoy1987 wrote:
asif007 wrote:could somebody please tell me is it a law to inform UKBA when you change your address?

Please reply
You will have to provide ur current address with the form when u make the app at PEO and it is highly advisable to let ukba know change of address throughout ur stay while under immigration control. should there be any query or if they ever need to get through to u.

it is not a law to tell them ur address and ur application will not be refused as this is not a ground for refusal.
Thank you. the information you have provided is very helpful.

God Bless you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.