ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Established Presence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe886
Newly Registered

URGENT: Established Presence

Post by joe886 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

My Tier 4 (Child) Student visa expires in November this year and I finished my A-Levels this summer (the course was 2 years long so longer than 6 months). I am applying for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa this month and my question is: do I have an established presence studying in the UK? Thanks.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 am

you have! read below

A student has an established presence of studying in the UK if:

You have current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, as a student, or as a postgraduate doctor or dentist when applying for further leave and on the date of application;
you have finished a single course that was at least six months long within your last period of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain, or
you are applying for a continued study on a single course where you have completed at least six months of that course

The above definition of established presence applies for applications made both in the UK or overseas.