ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa for my Vietnamese Wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PeterSully
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa for my Vietnamese Wife

Post by PeterSully » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 am

Hey All,

I am looking for relevant information for my wife who is going to apply for a spousal visa. I am an Irish citizen and she is a Vietnamese national.

We are unsure on whether to apply for a short stay (C) or long stay (D) visa. We are unsure of the whole process really. We married in June of this year and have known each other over two years which we can prove through work history (she has worked in Ireland on a contract previously) and photos and my visas to Vietnam.

I have sent her all my details (bank statement 6 months, p60, wage slips, passport photocopies etc.); she has translated the marriage certificate and is going to apply to the Irish Embassy in Vietnam for her visa.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as searching on-line gives so much conflicting information.

Thanks,
Peter

courny

Re: Spousal Visa for my Vietnamese Wife

Post by courny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

PeterSully wrote:Hey All,

I am looking for relevant information for my wife who is going to apply for a spousal visa. I am an Irish citizen and she is a Vietnamese national.

We are unsure on whether to apply for a short stay (C) or long stay (D) visa. We are unsure of the whole process really. We married in June of this year and have known each other over two years which we can prove through work history (she has worked in Ireland on a contract previously) and photos and my visas to Vietnam.

I have sent her all my details (bank statement 6 months, p60, wage slips, passport photocopies etc.); she has translated the marriage certificate and is going to apply to the Irish Embassy in Vietnam for her visa.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as searching on-line gives so much conflicting information.

Thanks,
Peter
Hey Peter,
I am in a similar situation applied for my wife who is a Pakistani.
Send me a pm.

courny

Post by courny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

D visit. Single visit. This is meant as a clearance visa and after arrival she will have 90 days to present to GNIB office with yourself marriage cert and passports to get stamp 4 GNIB isssued. After which she can get a multiple re entry visa. No fees for either.

PeterSully
Newly Registered

Post by PeterSully » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:56 pm

courny wrote:D visit. Single visit. This is meant as a clearance visa and after arrival she will have 90 days to present to GNIB office with yourself marriage cert and passports to get stamp 4 GNIB isssued. After which she can get a multiple re entry visa. No fees for either.
Thank you Courny.

courny

Post by courny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Can I ask what evidence of relationship history did u submit?

PeterSully
Newly Registered

Post by PeterSully » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Hey Everyone, my wife has submitted everything and it was received in Dublin on the 3rd of October.

It is 8 weeks now and we don't even know the status of the application. We have emailed and get the same automated response each time.

I have checked the visa decisions page (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/We ... ons%20Page) with her application number but it is not listed.

Has anybody any idea what is happening or how long this takes them to even begin to look at applications.

Thanks

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi,

You should find out soon enough and your application is solid. I was in a similar situation. And mine was refused because of relationship history.

I took a lawyer, povided more evidence (photos, trips, passport stamps, telephone cards (substential evidence but still considered) etc...) and it was resolved for 200€ (and took 3 weeks to appeal).

You should not have any issue. She will have her visa D.

If you have problems, contact me. I will advise you what to do.

Thanks,
Nanette
PeterSully wrote:Hey Everyone, my wife has submitted everything and it was received in Dublin on the 3rd of October.

It is 8 weeks now and we don't even know the status of the application. We have emailed and get the same automated response each time.

I have checked the visa decisions page (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/We ... ons%20Page) with her application number but it is not listed.

Has anybody any idea what is happening or how long this takes them to even begin to look at applications.

Thanks

PeterSully
Newly Registered

Post by PeterSully » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks Nanette.

I had an email from my local politician today, I had asked him if he could find out any information for me on the status of the application.

He told me they said it can take up to 12 weeks from the date they receive the application in Dublin.

This is crazy as they have her passport held all this time also.

Its 8 weeks today so hopefully we will have news soon.

I just thought we would have had some indication of what's happening after 8 weeks.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi PeterSully,

They need to do some checks. But be patient, it will be approved these weeks.

Just be patient. I was in a very similar situation (yours is by far better than mine). So she will have her visa the first time.

Nanette
PeterSully wrote:Thanks Nanette.

I had an email from my local politician today, I had asked him if he could find out any information for me on the status of the application.

He told me they said it can take up to 12 weeks from the date they receive the application in Dublin.

This is crazy as they have her passport held all this time also.

Its 8 weeks today so hopefully we will have news soon.

I just thought we would have had some indication of what's happening after 8 weeks.

churada
Newly Registered

Post by churada » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 am

Hi Peter,

I note that you mention that you are checking the INIS list for approvals?
I'm also Irish but my wife is Chinese. We applied to the Irish consulate in Beijing for her visa (which she got). The approval was never listed to my knowledge on the INIS website at all, there is an approvals list separately on the Irish consulate website in China, perhaps you should be checking the Vietnamese equivalent?

As already written, the single visit visa is the one you should apply for her, getting the stamp 4 and reentry visa is a formality once here and only takes a morning to get done in the INIS office in Dublin (if living there).

PeterSully
Newly Registered

Post by PeterSully » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 am

churada wrote:Hi Peter,

I note that you mention that you are checking the INIS list for approvals?
I'm also Irish but my wife is Chinese. We applied to the Irish consulate in Beijing for her visa (which she got). The approval was never listed to my knowledge on the INIS website at all, there is an approvals list separately on the Irish consulate website in China, perhaps you should be checking the Vietnamese equivalent?

As already written, the single visit visa is the one you should apply for her, getting the stamp 4 and reentry visa is a formality once here and only takes a morning to get done in the INIS office in Dublin (if living there).
That's a good idea, I will check for an approval list on the Vietnamese site, even though not sure there is one. I thought as the application is being processed in Dublin in would appear on the INIS site.

I got an email from them yesterday saying:

The visa application referred to is currently under examination by a Visa officer and a decision will issue in due course.

So it is better that previous emails that said:

The visa application referred to is currently awaiting examination and a decision will issue in due course

So I am hoping its soon :)

Single_mum
Ireland

Visa for Non EEA Partner

Post by Single_mum » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 am

I have a similar issue and wanted to post it here instead of opening another thread.

I am Irish Citizen with 3 Irish citizen kids. My partner is a non eea living outside the EU.

I would like to know what visa to apply for as a parent of an Irish Citizen and now a partner of an Irish Naturalised Citizen. 6 years of long long long distance relationship and many air miles under my belt. I want my partner to visit now and NOT me.

Question: which will be the fastest visa to visit under. Hoping for a late January visit for birthday purposes. HELP!!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Single_mum:

What is the nationality of your partner ?

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 pm

nigerian

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:47 pm

OK, can he prove that he is financially sound to visit you or could you sponsor him financially and show that you have sufficient funds available, without access to public resource ?

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:00 pm

I just went back to finish my Degree, hence the reason why visiting is now out of the question.

He is financially sound to visit though to visit and proof of maintenance is solid for his Irish Child.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:26 pm

PeterSully,

do you have any feedback !!?

Nana