ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Requirement - Need Help Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gasl8
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Requirement - Need Help Urgent

Post by gasl8 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I wanted to find out what is the requirement for Tier 2 General category ?

Does the job you about to take in the UK needs to be on the shortage list ?

From my understanding it could be a job that was not filled by a UK national ? Is that right ?

And also what are the documents required for the application ? I have tried to look at the UKBA website and have not found a clear document stating documents required for Tier 1 General Application.

Please help !!!

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 am

There are lots of little hurdles when it comes to the tier 2 general visa. First being that the employer needs to be on the list of registered sponsors. If they are not, this is an additional process.

If you are looking for a Tier 2 General visa that is not on the occupation shortage list, the employer must conduct the resident labour market test via advertising on jobcentre plus and one other site for a minimum of 28 days consecutively or 14 days/14 days. The job must be at NVQ level 6 and be the appropriate SOC code. Once the resident labour market test has been carried out, the company can apply for a certificate of sponsorship. Once a CoS has been approved and handed out via the UKBA, you can go ahead and apply online for biometrics, etc.

There is a policy handbook put out by the UKBA that can be found on their website but don't have it handy at this moment (and writing this on my phone!) that outlines all of the intricate details that need to be carried out via the employer for compliance.

Not sure if you are currently on a visa and are able to apply within the UK or if you need to apply from your home country as I don't know your situation.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:28 am

gasl8
Newly Registered

Re:Tier 2 General Requirements

Post by gasl8 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello Lynz1988,

Thanks for providing this info. Its really helpful.

The employer i am looking at is allready one of the licenses sponsors.

I am outside UK.

Did you mean NQF Level 6 ?

So basically once CoS is approved by UKBA all the major hurdles are cleared ?

Manchi : Thanks for providing this document.

Based on this document i see there are list of jobs categorized in NQF Level 6. Is there a salary requirements ? Does the employer need to pay a certain amount of salary ? i would think so.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Also, is there a list of documents that i will have to submit for biometrics ?

I appreciate your help.

Regards.

gasl8
Newly Registered

Re:Tier 2 General Requirement - Need Help Urgent

Post by gasl8 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

This document page 16 answers my question.

From the document i understand that i wont able to apply for an ILR, is that right ?

I will be approved visa for 3 years and then 3 years of extension which caps to 6 years max.

And if i wanted to comeback i would have to live outside for a minimum of 12 months and then re apply ? is that correct ?

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:26 am

Yes I did mean NQF - glad you knew what I meant anyways :)

ILR is open to those who have lived in the UK for 5 years. You take the Life in the UK test and apply for the visa. I don't know too much about it as I've not made it to that but had a friend who went through the process a few years ago.

I don't know the specifics to the cooling off period so I can't speak to that.

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Re:Tier 2 General Requirement - Need Help Urgent

Post by ILRApplication01 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am

gasl8 wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

This document page 16 answers my question.

From the document i understand that i wont able to apply for an ILR, is that right ?

I will be approved visa for 3 years and then 3 years of extension which caps to 6 years max.

And if i wanted to comeback i would have to live outside for a minimum of 12 months and then re apply ? is that correct ?
I believe you will be eligible for ILR after 5 years of your residence provided that you earn at least £35000 per annum in the last 12 months of the 5 year period and meet other general requirements. However, the rules can change and you will have to meet the rules at the time of your application. If you don't meet the requirement then you will need to leave UK after 6 years (3 years initial visa and 3 years extension) and spend the cooling off period outside UK before applying again.

I am just speaking from memory as I have read this in Tier2 and settlement documents but I can't find the link at the moment. May be more experienced users can confirm this.