ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance EEA1 and EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ondatra
Newly Registered

Comprehensive sickness insurance EEA1 and EEA2

Post by Ondatra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to apologize in advance if this particular question was posted before. Here is our situation:
I am an EEA member, my husband non-EEA. We arrived to UK (Scotland) on the 10th of July, 2013 (my husband on a family permit valid until the end of October). We were settling in for the first couple of weeks and started looking for jobs. We have both finally found jobs and start working next week.
Sine his family permit will expire in the end of October we will apply for the EEA2 and EEA1 in a couple of weeks. We have't applied earlier because I as A EEA member wanted to find a job first.

My worry is the comprehensive sickness insurance. I am aware that it is needed if the EEA member is a student or self-sufficient. On the time of application I will be working, so no CSI needed for either of us, right? However, we weren't working for the first two months and didn't even think about CSI. Could that be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Remember that 1st three months on arrival you as eea national is free from exercising any treaty rights and for eea1 & eea2 rc application you as eea national's activities which is working will be important. If you working at the time of application and have attached its proof such as job contract/payslips/employer letter then it will be enough for that purpose.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Ondatra
Newly Registered

Post by Ondatra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:13 pm

That clears things up. Thanks so much!