ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could it be bad news?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AilleantSian
Newly Registered

could it be bad news?

Post by AilleantSian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi

In the start of may I applied for ILR using SET(O) as I was on an ancestory visa

Today I got home from work to find a post office slip to say missed, as it was in my maiden name, i could only think it was the home office. As I couldn't pick up the letter yet from the post office I rang the home office as I wanted to see if it was from them. They confirmed they sent a parcel to me on the 10th sept but couldn't tell me any more around my application.. so now its a long wait until tomorrow morning ..

If they are refusing you, do they normally do this or is this there general practice to not say anything ?

Also if they do refuse and you want to appeal can you keep working for a x amount of time after a refusal ? the reason I ask this is I am the worker with my husband staying home to look after my 2 year old little boy. if i had to stop work we would have 0 income

thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 pm

HO will not tell you the outcome in any case, you have to check the post
Manka

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm

If they sent a 'parcel' it sounds like your documents back and I would expect positive news tomorrow if you met the requirements for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

AilleantSian
Newly Registered

Post by AilleantSian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm

D4109125 wrote:If they sent a 'parcel' it sounds like your documents back and I would expect positive news tomorrow if you met the requirements for settlement.
thanks, i really hope so.

do they normally send the granted or refusal letter when returning your documentation?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: could it be bad news?

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:49 pm

AilleantSian wrote:... if they do refuse and you want to appeal can you keep working for a x amount of time after a refusal ?
simple answer, Yes. as long as you appeal within the stipulated number of days.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 pm

AilleantSian wrote:Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find it.

I have been granted IRL and letter was dated 10th Sept. I know they said my BRP should be with me shortly and I would have to show ID and sign for it. Though I can work from home sometimes, do I personally have to be in to receive the BRP ? I am the sole applicant, my husband is a Brit Citizen and my application was not related to being married to British citizen
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:01 pm

The BRP will be delivered by DX (Tel: 01604 496 798) who will expect a form of ID for you (i.e. driving licence) to be shown upon delivery. You should ring them on Monday to see if they have a delivery for you.

AilleantSian
Newly Registered

Post by AilleantSian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks will ring them tomorrow