ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has EEA FP changed???

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lisamra

Post by Lisamra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 am

I guess I am asking if we can still obtain a code 1a from the boarder... What do we ask for when we get to the desk and then the most important thing is....

Can we apply for the eea2 when we are in the UK?
We have all the docs and everything needed

Please please advise.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 am

It's natural that you are nervous but nothing has really changed.
Lisamra wrote:I guess I am asking if we can still obtain a code 1a from the boarder.
Yes.
What do we ask for when we get to the desk
Ask to enter on Code 1A under the EEA regulation as a spouse of British national returning after exercising treaty rights. The full legal jargon would be "As I fulfil the requirements in Regulation 9 of The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, my husband seek to enter based on Regulation 11(4) of The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006." You can print section 5.5.2 and 5.9 from the following - Border Force Operations Manual.
Can we apply for the eea2 when we are in the UK?
Yes.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Nothing has changed in the UK or the EU.

MRAX allows you to get a Code 1A
MRAX also allows you to get a Residence Card, even if you entered the UK illegally.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm

@ Lisamra,

Make the application. The applicant for EEA2 is the non-EU national. Igonore the teleoperator.

Lisamra

Post by Lisamra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, thank you and we are going to go ahead and mke the application from the UK.
Is there something that I can show to the immigration officer at arrival into the UK that applying for the eea2 residence card to say that we do not need the EEAfamily permit?

So sorry to be so distressed and confused still but just having all the knock backs plus seeing the level of my parents illness is just too much really.
I now have many medical letters for my parents from hospitals etc so let's hope that stands in our favour.

Do I need to write a letter to explain our situation explaining our reasons for moving back?

And just to check that is it my husband who fills out the EEA2 application or is it me?
I think it is Elio but just want to check.

Thank you so much.... Again.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Lisamra wrote:And just to check that is it my husband who fills out the EEA2 application or is it me?
I think it is Elio but just want to check.

Thank you so much.... Again.
I don't mean to be rude, but please study the form. I would struggle to find any reason why the EU national (albeit British citizen) might think that it pertained to them.

I suspect that you are worrying too much. Relax, for your own sake.

Lisamra

Post by Lisamra » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Oh believe me if I had any control over my nerves I would grab them with both hands.
I think I am so worried because we have gone as far as paying 6 months rent upfront on a house and spent a big chunk on furniture etc... It just can't all go wrong now.
Plus we would have given up our home in Tenerife etc.

One more question...
Can we leave the employment section free and I write a letter to explain that I will be setting up as self employed once there in the UK and Elio once he gets his coa?
I am worried it won't look good him not having anything to jump into work wise bit how can we do that unless we are there.

And sorry for the above question about who fills out the form... I know it sounded daft but want everything to be done correctly. It could have been me applying for Elio to stay in my country with me.
That is why I.needed to double check.

Many thanks.

Lisamra

Post by Lisamra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 am

Hi folks.

My hubby and I checked to see if the eea2 had changed just before we start to fill out the forms and it has.

I just want to check that the latest one is version 08/2013 and that we now have to pay £55.

Also, does it work in the same/similar way as the old one.
I hope thAt you can still ply for it once in the UK etc.

Many thanks
Lisa

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Works in the same way.