ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR...and premium service cost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karwan1

ILR...and premium service cost

Post by karwan1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

Hi everyone,

I have not posted on this site for long time...but good people here helped me a great deal in the past through their invaluable advices...today I need your help again, not for me but for my wife.

My wife has arrived the UK on the 16 /10/ 2011 on a spouse visa.
However, here initial visa was issued three months earlier back in July 2010.
Now we are planning to apply for her ILR after she had passed the life in the UK test.

My first question: when exact she could apply for ILR?
Second question: we are seriously thinking to apply through premium service, however, her visa will expire on 18/10/1013, means we would have only 1-2 days left to apply for ILR after she had completed the mandatory 2 years residency here in the UK prior to applying for ILR. Would be possible to get a premium service between 17/10/213 - 18/10/13? could I book from now?
Last question: do private solicitors have their own premium service slots? if they do then we might have another option to apply for ILR.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 am

Apply from the 19th September. You can only book an appointment 42 days prior to the date required. The online booking system is updated daily at midnight and slots go very quickly.
Solicitors have their own appointment slots for premium applications.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Solicitors will charge you atleast £250,to book an appointment.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Thank you for the replies...it is really helpful.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:50 pm

karwan1 wrote:Hi guys,

I have managed to book an appointment for the Same day service for ILR, however, I was wondering if I could pay a solicitor a fee for him.her to attend the appointment on our behalf ....is there any service like this...I mean is this possible at all? if you have any information similar to this I would appreciate if you could share with me through this query...thanks.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Yes, see Legal representatives and premium services

However, you should consider applying by post using the SCS (click) if you don't have time to attend a PEO
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:44 am

Ok...thanks for reply...I have another question if you do not mind...my wife entered UK on the 16/10/2011...can she apply through same day service on the 16/10/2013 ( will this count as 2 years or not? your reply will be appreciated really . Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 pm

That should be fine.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 am

Thank you all.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 am

karwan1 wrote:Hi guys,

I am applying for ILR for my wife in 2 weeks time using a booked same day service. I have a query about the ILR SET (M) maintenance issue, currently I am out of work for the last 3 months ( left the job to go abroad), however, We have a saving around £20.0000 in my bank account, We have already paid 6 months rent upfront, I am a bit worried if there would be any problem regarding my wife's application, please try to help us by answering this question because we are worried, thank you in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 am

£20000 should suffice adequate maintenance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:32 pm

karwan1 wrote:Hi all,

I was about to print the ILR (M) form as I am applying for my wife ILR, I have just noticed that the form has changed on 1/10/2013, I have used the previous form. Now, can I still use the old version? the new version has alot more details questions, and another thing is that I have paid £1400 for the same day service, but the new form says more than £1700, means do I have to pay more?
Last question, I have a saving, but it is less than 6 months in my account, do they have any problem with this?
Please I need your clarification urgently. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Can you explain what you are on about?

SET(M) (click) form is 04/2013.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Sorry I was wrong and looked at the wrong forum for extension instead this one in panic... But what about the saving ...does it need to be in the bank for at least 6 months as I have heard from someone?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:45 pm

No, just be able to explain where it's from.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:32 am

I am sure I would be able to explain as I have been working and paying tax for the last 9 years...thanks you for your reply.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:21 am

Just last 2 questions my good friend...I have already paid £1426 for same day service on line, but on the set m form they still ask about the way we are going to pay, do we need to fill this again, I mean would not I be charged second time if I put my bank details after paying once?
The second question is regarding job, currently I am not working, it has been the case for the last 3 months, however, we have never asked for public fund as we have a bt of saving from my previous job, would tx be an issue, I can shw them payslip before that, is that ok?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 am

Just supply the world pay receipt.

Is your spouse working? How much savings do you have left now and are you claiming C-JSA and do you have children, if so are you claiming benefits?

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 am

World pay receipt...is that comes with application payment sheet.
My wife is not working. We have around £21.000 saving, we do not have any children, we had never and have no attention asking for any benefits as we have our own saving till I get another job, simply we are not claiming any benefits at all.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 am

You should claim contribution based JSA whilst you're job seeking, it is not a 'public fund' but rather based on your NI contribution.

The world pay receipt was the receipt from when you paid online. Your savings should suffice.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

Thank you ever so much.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to express my deep thanks to you all for the very informative tips I had on this site. Today my wife had her ILR approved in Liverpool. I will write something brief that might help other.
Appointment was 12.30 noon, we arrived earlier at 10.00 am, we were checked in directly after taking a token and waited to be called ( the saved as a lot of time later).
We took these items: application form, bank statement ( 6 months), payslips ( as much as you want, we took 9) , p60s and p45s, inland revenue coding letters , prove of cohabitation ( we took 16 letters...no harm), life in the uk test, marriage certificate ( from abroad), previous employer letters, copies of each document including passports, photos.
We have waited about 4 hours ( the guy who was dealing with our case had a lunch break, he was very nice). ILR approved at about 14.00.

Over all, very stressful initial journey, but very satisfying outcome at the end, you all will get there I hope, thank you all again.