ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPS Matter!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beckhamwest
Newly Registered

PPS Matter!!!

Post by beckhamwest » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I am British citizen currently in United Kingdom with my wife and we are making plans for residential stay in Ireland.

Basically she is from a "visa nation" and she doesn't hold a residence card issued for family members by an EU country. However we want
to travel together although she doesn't have the required visa.

In one of posts you stated "I entered Ireland with my wife without a required visa, but we were just coming from the UK so it was easy to get there"

Please these are the things we want to clarify before embarking on this journey:

Is it possible for her to apply for pps once we arrive in Ireland? because I read in one of the posts also that if non-Eu does not have
the required visa he/she cannot apply for pps and pps is required to apply for a residence card.

Please this is really complicated for us to understand.

I appreciate your response

Love211

Post by Love211 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:22 am

Pps yes its required for job and if u are residents in ireland u need to write a latre saying she is living with you in that address and go to pps office 99% she will get pps no if u in dublin . But if u apply out of dublin its much easier then dublin good luck

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:40 am

I applied for a PPS last wednesday only with my passport and a letter from my employer stating that I will be full-time employed from next week on and confirming where I'm residing at the moment, as I don't have a proof of address.

They did accept that and even let my wife apply in the same run, with only her passport and nothing else.

Looks like this is definitely the easiest part of starting off in Ireland...

beckhamwest
Newly Registered

Post by beckhamwest » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Many thanks

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Bloody-Fox wrote:I applied for a PPS last wednesday only with my passport and a letter from my employer stating that I will be full-time employed from next week on and confirming where I'm residing at the moment, as I don't have a proof of address.

They did accept that and even let my wife apply in the same run, with only her passport and nothing else.

Looks like this is definitely the easiest part of starting off in Ireland...
does your wife have a visa when she applied for PPS number with you.