ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Flro

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:16 am

tinapalak wrote:Bad news, my application was refuesed today after 11 months of waiting with no right of appeal . Can't understand what is going on with this 7 years rules and why they are doing this with us . I am very upset today.can't decide what to do next?
Sorry to hear this darling, you re not alone!! Its heartbreaking to see so many people using a 7 year child rule getting refused. You have many options to choose from, what is your solicitor suggesting?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:30 am

verbina wrote:
tinapalak wrote:Bad news, my application was refuesed today after 11 months of waiting with no right of appeal . Can't understand what is going on with this 7 years rules and why they are doing this with us . I am very upset today.can't decide what to do next?
Sorry to hear this darling, you re not alone!! Its heartbreaking to see so many people using a 7 year child rule getting refused. You have many options to choose from, what is your solicitor suggesting?
Good morning All,

@Tinapalak, I am truly sorry, I know its heart wrenching but you have to fight on. According to the amended IDI kindly supplied by Nile (thank you once again, I went through it thoroughly) you satisfy all the points below. What on earth are they thinking?

2.2 Family Life with Children
Where a person asserts that they have family life with children, the decision maker must ensure that the person can satisfy all of the factors listed at (a) to (e) below:
(a)
They have a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who is under 18.
(b)
The child is in the UK.
(c)
The child either:
i.
is British; or
ii.
has lived in the UK for at least 7 years preceding the date of the immigration decision.
(d)
It would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK.
(e)
There is no other family member who is able to care for the child in the UK.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 am

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Good morning All,

@Tinapalak, I am truly sorry, I know its heart wrenching but you have to fight on. According to the amended IDI kindly supplied by Nile (thank you once again, I went through it thoroughly) you satisfy all the points below. What on earth are they thinking?

Where a person asserts that they have family life with children, the decision maker must ensure that the person can satisfy all of the factors listed at (a) to (e) below:
(a)
They have a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who is under 18.
(b)
The child is in the UK.
(c)
The child either:
i.
is British; or
ii.
has lived in the UK for at least 7 years preceding the date of the immigration decision.
(d)
(e)
@believe2013, i am aware of this and my application was based on this argument citing each sub-section of this paragraph. Unfortunately, most so called solicitors don't argue their clients cases on this points by breaking it down each sub section to drive home their points. The 7 year rule is not a automatic guarantee for visa.
@tinapalak, if it's not going to a problem, ask your solicitor to make a case for reconsideration + PAP or you may choose to put in a fresh application and break down this paragraphs well enough to box them into corner. I posted something that could be of help on page 284 of this thread.
The HO is making a big mistake with the way they arrive at decisions on the 7 year rule and i see them shooting themselves in the foot. It will get to a stage that someone will challenge this in court and say that the child should qualify for ILR instead of (2.5 years x 4). “Never interfere when your enemy is in the process of destroying himself.”
Tinapalak - If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have! It is well

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks all for your help , my solicitor is going to send them pap letter on monday , and after 21 days he will take them for judicial review ,because they made totaly wrong decision .they did'nt consider my kids .who lived here more then 7 years and my one child is born here and she is 7 and half years old on the time of decision date.elder one came with us when she was 18 months old and now she will be 10 years old in Nov .ho easily said they can go with us and can strt there life in our home country .

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 am

tinapalak wrote:Thanks all for your help , my solicitor is going to send them pap letter on monday , and after 21 days he will take them for judicial review ,because they made totaly wrong decision .they did'nt consider my kids .who lived here more then 7 years and my one child is born here and she is 7 and half years old on the time of decision date.elder one came with us when she was 18 months old and now she will be 10 years old in Nov .ho easily said they can go with us and can strt there life in our home country .
@tinapalak, I understand what you are going through but it will be most helpful if you could hammer it home to your solicitor to take note of the statement " the decision maker must ensure that the person can satisfy all of the factors listed at (a) to (e)" while making a case for you. The fact that the child(ren) have lived in the UK for 7 years before application is JUST ONE of the conditions and if you ask me, meeting 1 condition out of 5 conditions is not good enough. PLEASE tell your solicitor to make a case on as many as possible on the 5 factors.
In every crisis there is always an opportunity, it is well with you and your family!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 am

tinapalak wrote:Thanks all for your help , my solicitor is going to send them pap letter on monday , and after 21 days he will take them for judicial review ,because they made totaly wrong decision .they did'nt consider my kids .who lived here more then 7 years and my one child is born here and she is 7 and half years old on the time of decision date.elder one came with us when she was 18 months old and now she will be 10 years old in Nov .ho easily said they can go with us and can strt there life in our home country .
So sorry about your refusal. ITs a good idea to send a reconsideration or PAP lettter to them arguing ur case. I know how hard this can be as i was in the same shoes. All the best
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 am

hatchsead wrote:
@tinapalak, I understand what you are going through but it will be most helpful if you could hammer it home to your solicitor to take note of the statement " the decision maker must ensure that the person can satisfy all of the factors listed at (a) to (e)" while making a case for you. The fact that the child(ren) have lived in the UK for 7 years before application is JUST ONE of the conditions and if you ask me, meeting 1 condition out of 5 conditions is not good enough. PLEASE tell your solicitor to make a case on as many as possible on the 5 factors.
In every crisis there is always an opportunity, it is well with you and your family!
I agree hatchsead it's imperative lawyers take heed and emphasis all those points. They usually don't because they want to drag the case through the courts thereby making their worth while in extorting 1000s of £'s from us. Disgusting hey. Lets apportion blame to our legal representatives too, HO maybe full of numpties but they are not entirely to blame in some instances!

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 am

I completely agree with @Believe2013. Legal representatives have their share of blame in our fight with HO.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="hatchsead"][quote="tinapalak"]Thanks all for your help , my solicitor is going to send them pap letter on monday , and after 21 days he will take them for judicial review ,because they made totaly wrong decision .they did'nt consider my kids .who lived here more then 7 years and my one child is born here and she is 7 and half years old on the time of decision date.elder one came with us when she was 18 months old and now she will be 10 years old in Nov .ho easily said they can go with us and can strt there life in our home country .[/quote]

@tinapalak, I understand what you are going through but it will be most helpful if you could hammer it home to your solicitor to take note of the statement " [b]the decision maker must ensure that the person can satisfy [u]all[/u] of the factors listed at (a) to (e)[/b]" while making a case for you. The fact that the child(ren) have lived in the UK for 7 years before application is JUST ONE of the conditions and if you ask me, meeting 1 condition out of 5 conditions is not good enough. PLEASE tell your solicitor to make a case on as many as possible on the 5 factors.
In every crisis there is always an opportunity, it is well with you and your family![/quote]
I agree hatchsead it's imperative lawyers take heed and emphasis all those points. They usually don't because they want to drag the case through the courts thereby making their worth while in extorting 1000s of £'s from us. Disgusting hey. Lets apportion blame to our legal representatives too, HO maybe full of numpties but they are not entirely to blame in some instances![/quote]

@tinapalak
Sorry for your refusal. I am waiting in same situation and I am mentally prepared to see the refusal the way HO doing. Don’t give up. Belive2013 and hatchsead has given clear clue for you to share with your lawyer.
My Shadow law firm in association with believe2013, hatchsead, Verbina,kukuwife, nilemarques,summer2013 and who are interested in response to mug solicitors. Sorry if I hurt anybody.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="Believe2013"][quote="verbina"][quote="tinapalak"]Bad news, my application was refuesed today after 11 months of waiting with no right of appeal . Can't understand what is going on with this 7 years rules and why they are doing this with us . I am very upset today.can't decide what to do next?[/quote]

Sorry to hear this darling, you re not alone!! Its heartbreaking to see so many people using a 7 year child rule getting refused. You have many options to choose from, what is your solicitor suggesting?[/quote]

Good morning All,

[b]2.2 Family Life with Children
(a)
(b)
The child is in the UK.
(c)
The child either:
i.
is British; or
ii.
(d)
(e)
There is no other family member who is able to care for the child in the UK.[/b][/quote]

@believe2013, i am aware of this and my application was based on this argument citing each sub-section of this paragraph. Unfortunately, most so called solicitors don't argue their clients cases on this points by breaking it down each sub section to drive home their points. The 7 year rule is not a automatic guarantee for visa.
@tinapalak, if it's not going to a problem, ask your solicitor to make a case for reconsideration + PAP or you may choose to put in a fresh application and break down this paragraphs well enough to box them into corner. I posted something that could be of help on page 284 of this thread.
The HO is making a big mistake with the way they arrive at decisions on the 7 year rule and i see them shooting themselves in the foot. It will get to a stage that someone will challenge this in court and say that the child should qualify for ILR instead of (2.5 years x 4). “Never interfere when your enemy is in the process of destroying himself.”
Tinapalak - If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have! It is well[/quote]

I most say it is quite intriguing how a refusal decision can be made, especially for myself as I can see that I qualify on all aspects of the family life route.!

I thinks it's also imperative to know that that the family route is just one of the aspects that they are looking at and refusing. I as the main applicant was refused on the basis that
-I had not lived in the UK for at least 20 years(276ADE) ( iii),
-At the time of application, I was not under the age of 18 nor was I 18 or above but under 25. Rule 276ADE (iv) and 276 ADE(v)
- Not satisfied that I have lost ties to my native country 276 ADE(vi)

My kids failed according to below paragraph:

"E-LTRC.1.6. One of the applicant's parents (referred to in this section as the "applicant's parent") must be in the UK and have leave to enter or remain or indefinite leave to remain, or is at the same time being granted leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, under this Appendix (except as an adult dependent relative)."

I hope this can shed some light on what we are up against.

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 pm

@Tinapak...so sorry about your refusal..may God grant u your inner request!
pt

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:33 pm

nilemarques wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Good morning All,

(a)
(b)
The child is in the UK.
(c)
The child either:
i.
is British; or
ii.
(d)
(e)
Tinapalak - If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have! It is well
I most say it is quite intriguing how a refusal decision can be made, especially for myself as I can see that I qualify on all aspects of the family life route.!

I thinks it's also imperative to know that that the family route is just one of the aspects that they are looking at and refusing. I as the main applicant was refused on the basis that
-At the time of application, I was not under the age of 18 nor was I 18 or above but under 25. Rule 276ADE (iv) and 276 ADE(v)

"E-LTRC.1.6. One of the applicant's parents (referred to in this section as the "applicant's parent") must be in the UK and have leave to enter or remain or indefinite leave to remain, or is at the same time being granted leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, under this Appendix (except as an adult dependent relative)."

I hope this can shed some light on what we are up against.
@nilemarques, there is a thin line between applying under private life and 7 year rule technically speaking.
As i mentioned earlier, in the bid to box them into corner - I applied through my eldest child who has spent 7 years in the UK under the 7 year rule and also citing the ECHR Article 8 and another separate application for myself and the rest of the family under the private life ECHR Article 8 - right to private family life. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
I hope this helps?
I am guessing your case was treated by one of these £6.50 an hour recruits or the caseworker could have been half awake when treating your case, as for me, nothing surprises me anymore with the way cases are decided in the HO. That is more reason why we need to continue to pray for favour and mercy. It is well!

alina143

Just recieved a acknowlegdement letter

Post by alina143 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi just recieved an acknowledgement letter from ho about my patners application it says we will contact u to let u know what steps to take next in processing your application and also if there is a problem with ur payment there shouldnt be because the application was put through a lawyer

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:04 pm

@tinapalak sorry for your refusal but its not a surprise everyone is refused under this rules, only we can get it from high court.

noonoo
Newly Registered

Post by noonoo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it could take to hear back from the HO after they have requested additional documents.

Thanks

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm

sorry tinapalak, as verbina said you are not alone, many of as are going to court. I pray that LORD will give as strength and peace for all of as to continue and fight until we get what we want. I know how the whole world collapses under your feet specially after many attempts to regularise stay in this country!!

by the way, my solicitor suggested exactly the same first PAP then 21 days after JR. Im wondering whether is the same person
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

yaz157
Newly Registered

flro

Post by yaz157 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm

come on spouse visa in 2007.apply for ILR in 2009. But home office refuse in jan 2011.devoice happen in 2010.i reconsider reqest sent but not receive replay till july2012.then made new application Flro o Family life in 2 july 2012.home office refused case in 8 augest 2013 with no right of apple.My soliciter sent them fresh claim under 353 bcoz HO is not consider propley I been victim of domtic volince during I live with her.i sent them MY gp report .still tehy refused .is this right.do I have any chance.i m very upset.cannt sleep whole nights .I m going to mad.any one help me plz
Last edited by yaz157 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:29 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="hatchsead"][quote="Believe2013"][quote="verbina"][quote="tinapalak"]Bad news, my application was refuesed today after 11 months of waiting with no right of appeal . Can't understand what is going on with this 7 years rules and why they are doing this with us . I am very upset today.can't decide what to do next?[/quote]

Sorry to hear this darling, you re not alone!! Its heartbreaking to see so many people using a 7 year child rule getting refused. You have many options to choose from, what is your solicitor suggesting?[/quote]

Good morning All,

[b]2.2 Family Life with Children
(a)
(b)
The child is in the UK.
(c)
The child either:
i.
is British; or
ii.
(d)
(e)
There is no other family member who is able to care for the child in the UK.[/b][/quote]

Tinapalak - If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have! It is well[/quote]

I hope this can shed some light on what we are up against.[/quote]

@nilemarques, there is a thin line between applying under private life and 7 year rule technically speaking.
As i mentioned earlier, in the bid to box them into corner - I applied through my eldest child who has spent 7 years in the UK under the 7 year rule and also citing the ECHR Article 8 and another separate application for myself and the rest of the family under the private life ECHR Article 8 - right to private family life. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
I hope this helps?
I am guessing your case was treated by one of these £6.50 an hour recruits or the caseworker could have been half awake when treating your case, as for me, nothing surprises me anymore with the way cases are decided in the HO. That is more reason why we need to continue to pray for favour and mercy. It is well![/quote]

@ Hatchsead,more or less like £4.20 mate. Maybe they
are employing undocumented peeps like us and undercutting wages of the great British public. Lol! ( no offence everyone, just kidding around). I'm quite sure if it was one of us, there would be visas in abundance! Praying we will not stop despite the obstacles in our way!

bobby04
Newly Registered

Post by bobby04 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:11 pm

@Tinapalak and others that are going through the pains of refusal at the moment, please be strong and God will strengthen you. I pray that what seemly looks like sunset at the moment will soon give way to sunrise.

@nilemarques, your sense of humour is great and continue to be strong, you we triumph at last!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:44 pm

[quote="bobby04"]@Tinapalak and others that are going through the pains of refusal at the moment, please be strong and God will strengthen you. I pray that what seemly looks like sunset at the moment will soon give way to sunrise.

@nilemarques, your sense of humour is great and continue to be strong, you we triumph at last![/quote]

Lol@ bobby04. Whilst we may be in a predicament, it pointless sulking everyday! It ends up affecting the kids you know. Kids can see something's so I now try to keep positive. There's a poem I read sometime ago by one called Catherine Inglesby. I can only remember the first verse which is " Smile in the face of adversity,
No matter how bad your pain,
It's do or die, and that is why,
We have everything to gain.
Smile in the face of adversity,
Keep your head held high,
Don't let yourself be beaten,
It doesn't do any good to cry! "

So , to everyone out there in cyberland, have faith and keep that smile on your faces. Goodnight!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:12 pm

HO is refusing most of the people who have applied under 7 yrs rule and looks like they are using December 2012 rules on as, the hard test that most of as fail. If this is the case refusal is not unlawful. But people, what can we get from court then? JR is to judge whether HO has used the low correctly.
not how we feel about it....
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 pm

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="bobby04"]@Tinapalak and others that are going through the pains of refusal at the moment, please be strong and God will strengthen you. I pray that what seemly looks like sunset at the moment will soon give way to sunrise.

@nilemarques, your sense of humour is great and continue to be strong, you we triumph at last![/quote]

Lol@ bobby04. Whilst we may be in a predicament, it pointless sulking everyday! It ends up affecting the kids you know. Kids can see something's so I now try to keep positive. There's a poem I read sometime ago by one called Catherine Inglesby. I can only remember the first verse which is " Smile in the face of adversity,
No matter how bad your pain,
It's do or die, and that is why,
We have everything to gain.
Smile in the face of adversity,
Keep your head held high,
Don't let yourself be beaten,
It doesn't do any good to cry! "

So , to everyone out there in cyberland, have faith and keep that smile on your faces. Goodnight![/quote]

@nile

Wonderful.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:10 pm

[quote="summer2013"]HO is refusing most of the people who have applied under 7 yrs rule and looks like they are using December 2012 rules on as, the hard test that most of as fail. If this is the case refusal is not unlawful. But people, what can we get from court then? JR is to judge whether HO has used the low correctly.
not how we feel about it....[/quote]

@summer2013

You have find the most crucial point. I don`t know defendant solicitors can find any room to rescue the victims.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Private life
7.45 An amendment to the private life rules will narrow the circumstances in which a child under the age of 18 can apply for leave to remain on the grounds of private life to those circumstances in which it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK

Giveita100
Newly Registered

Post by Giveita100 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:45 am

Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this forum for a long time, and want to say congratulations to all those that have been successful with their application and to those who were refused, don't give up just yet.

My story is this, I have been married to my wife for 4 years now and we have 3 kids but only the last is ours together. I was granted discretionary leave to remain 2 years ago after just 6 weeks of from the day I applied because I had a 5 years visit visa and been coming here almost every year until after my marriage and decided to stay. My wife and kids are all British citizen

I have a full time job and we are not receiving any benefit apart from child benefit because I earn about 35,000 per year.

Our marriage has come to a stand still and we might be separated soon, nothing I can do about it, as I continue to try to keep us going.

I am due for DL extension in October next year, even though we may not be legally divorced by then, would it affect my application if we separated? I will have access to my kids and pay regular monthly maintenance for the kids.

I cannot afford to loose my job and thus the reason I need advice.

Has anyone been separated or divorced and tried to extend their DLR before?