ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surrinder singh case(EEA family permit for a brother)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer2012

surrinder singh case(EEA family permit for a brother)

Post by sameer2012 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi One of my friend is a british citizen and his brother is here on a visitor visa he wants to apply for family permit for his brother through SS case.
what evidence he can show to prove that he is his real brother.
please help us.
SAMEER

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Birth certificates showing same parents?
DNA?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 am

vinny wrote:Birth certificates showing same parents?
DNA?
Thank you so much for your reply.
Please let us know In case of cousins what others documents we need.thanks
SAMEER

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 am

As far as I know, the UKBA view is that Surinder Singh only covers direct family members (spouse, children). It can't be used to bring brothers or cousins to be UK.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

See EUN2.14 Can family members of British citizens qualify for an EEA family permit? ('Surinder Singh' cases) (click)

Although the example is given as a spouse or child, the policy states "A British national and his / her non-EEA national family members can only benefit from free movement rights if they meet the criteria established in the ECJ case of Surinder Singh." So far as they are dependant I assume that can be given wide interpretation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am

Unfortunately, 9 seems to be restricted to family members. However Rolfus's appeal was apparently successful.
Last edited by vinny on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 am

So, spouse, children, grandchildren, dep parents and grandparents?

What about family members who are beneficiaries?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 am

D4109125 wrote:So, spouse, children, grandchildren, dep parents and grandparents?

Jambo wrote:As far as I know, the UKBA view is that Surinder Singh only covers direct family members (spouse, children). It can't be used to bring brothers or cousins or any other beneficiaries to be UK.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:39 pm

D4109125 wrote:So, spouse, children, grandchildren, dep parents and grandparents?

I have checked that so Its for parents,brothers,sisters,cousins(living in the same household).Am I right?
I have also checked that eea2 form checklist where its mentioned about dissent relatives.
Please correct me.
SAMEER