ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Designation on Business card

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madi86

Designation on Business card

Post by madi86 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi guys,

I am confused what should I write on my business card as my designation. I am a software developer and my SOC code is
2136 - Programmers and software development professionals

and i am also a director of my company.

Name: Osama Munir
Designation: Software Developer

or

Designation: Director

or

Designation: Software Developer, Director

Which is the most appropiate ?

Thanks,

Osama

Post by top » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:49 am

dear Sir,

you had to be a director cos you opened up a company its granted not a job title that needs to be mentioned especially on the materiel going out to UKBA. (make sure you provide current appointment report for your directorship appointment for this purpose)

you need to mention the title(s) of what you actually do (services provision) for your company you I suggest should mention more than one roles on business card make sure it is and relevant to what you actually do...

I would also suggest you the make a Organisational chart (where you mention the employees, positions,roles and responsibilities if you have employees fill that in otherwise fill in your name opposite the positions you work at in your company this way you can tell them everything that you do for your company) and send it with your application

madi86

Post by madi86 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:24 am

Yes, you are right but Director title looks unrealistic and big. thats why i was confused because on this forum i have seen some people were saying on different post to use your SOC code.

I am applying as a team so i have two director in company. Now i need to print both cards with the same designation "Director".

Thanks for your help :)

Post by top » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 am

dear Sir, please give it a re-read cos what I wrote is totally different than what you understood..
thanks

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Designation on Business card

Post by KickAss » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 am

Exactly same case as mine.

Every one is a director when applying via limited company route.

I used Software Developer and Director at XYZ company.

Same was in my Website

and

same was in my adverts.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:21 pm

(c) If the applicant is applying under the provisions in (d) in Table 4, he must provide:

(i) his job title,

(ii) the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code of the occupation that the applicant is working in, which must appear on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J,

(iii) one or more of the following specified documents:

(1) Advertising or marketing material, including printouts of online advertising, that has been published locally or nationally, showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity,
(2) Article(s) or online links to article(s) in a newspaper or other publication showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity,
(3) Information from a trade fair(s), at which the applicant has had a stand or given a presentation to market his business, showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity, or
(4) Personal registration with a trade's body linked to the applicant's occupation.

Above stuff is taken from Appendix A-Attributes of Immigration rules. If we follow these rules, the most appropriate and best approach would be to mention your title Software Developer in the business card.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:20 pm

if you follow policy guidance, advert material should contain following information,
1) Your name
2)business activities(services your company offer)
3) Business or company name

there is no requirement to mention job title in advert material

RizKCB wrote:(c) If the applicant is applying under the provisions in (d) in Table 4, he must provide:

(i) his job title,

(ii) the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code of the occupation that the applicant is working in, which must appear on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J,

(iii) one or more of the following specified documents:

(1) Advertising or marketing material, including printouts of online advertising, that has been published locally or nationally, showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity,
(2) Article(s) or online links to article(s) in a newspaper or other publication showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity,
(3) Information from a trade fair(s), at which the applicant has had a stand or given a presentation to market his business, showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity, or
(4) Personal registration with a trade's body linked to the applicant's occupation.

Above stuff is taken from Appendix A-Attributes of Immigration rules. If we follow these rules, the most appropriate and best approach would be to mention your title Software Developer in the business card.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 pm

@entrepreneur123
You are correct and I have also mentioned the same.

You have pointed: Guidance policy point 121
I have pointed: Immigration Rules Paragraph 41-SD (c)

41-SD (c) focus on overall requirements for PSW to Enterp.
Point (i) is fulfilled when we mention our job title in application form.
Point (ii) is fulfilled when the SOC related to our job title also exists in appendix J
Point (iii) is fulfilled when we provide advertising material according to the rules mentioned under this point. (Related to Guidance policy point 121)

What I tried to suggest here that if someone is looking out to design some nice business cards then it would be BETTER to put your job title in the business card. Because UKBA emphasizes on job title in your business activity rather than to mention yourself as a Director.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 am

hmm ok thanks
then do you think should we mention job title on newspaper advert etc?
RizKCB wrote:@entrepreneur123
You are correct and I have also mentioned the same.

You have pointed: Guidance policy point 121
I have pointed: Immigration Rules Paragraph 41-SD (c)

41-SD (c) focus on overall requirements for PSW to Enterp.
Point (i) is fulfilled when we mention our job title in application form.
Point (ii) is fulfilled when the SOC related to our job title also exists in appendix J
Point (iii) is fulfilled when we provide advertising material according to the rules mentioned under this point. (Related to Guidance policy point 121)

What I tried to suggest here that if someone is looking out to design some nice business cards then it would be BETTER to put your job title in the business card. Because UKBA emphasizes on job title in your business activity rather than to mention yourself as a Director.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 am

Each and every advertising elements have their own standard designings
AND
There are requirements by UKBA to mention the least stuff by applicants. For example name and business activity.

If we focus both points then we have to pay attention what UKBA requires. At least we must have to mention in advertising material what is required by guidance policy and immigration rules. Anything extra like job title in it, would not cause refusal.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm

thanks RizKCB for your reply. could you please explain, do the job title that we choose from SOC list need to be exactly same as given in examples or it can be different? for example in my case i am using job title of "Financial and Accounting Technician" soc code 3537 while given job titles list for SOC 3537 "Financial and Accounting Technicians" are

 Accounting technician
 Business associate (banking)
 Financial controller
 Insolvency administrator
 Managing clerk (accountancy)

thanks
quote="RizKCB"]Each and every advertising elements have their own standard designings
AND
There are requirements by UKBA to mention the least stuff by applicants. For example name and business activity.

If we focus both points then we have to pay attention what UKBA requires. At least we must have to mention in advertising material what is required by guidance policy and immigration rules. Anything extra like job title in it, would not cause refusal.[/quote]

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm

From the list you provided, Accounting Technician sounds better because others as their names suggest 'Associate' 'Controller' 'Administrator' 'Managing' sounds something not directly related to clients regarding service delivery.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

The introduction section here is self explanatory. In my opinion, we may refer to SOC2010 vol 2 for further appropriate roles associated with 3537. All you need is to clarify your services and linking them to the selected role for an acceptable match.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:56 pm

RizKCB many thanks for your reply. Can i not use job title of "Finance and Accounting Technician" ? or it need to be one of the given list?

The reason of doing this is because i have experience of working as Accounting Technician at one place and working as Finance Technician at one place. So thought most suitable title for me to combine both.

RizKCB wrote:From the list you provided, Accounting Technician sounds better because others as their names suggest 'Associate' 'Controller' 'Administrator' 'Managing' sounds something not directly related to clients regarding service delivery.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

The introduction section here is self explanatory. In my opinion, we may refer to SOC2010 vol 2 for further appropriate roles associated with 3537. All you need is to clarify your services and linking them to the selected role for an acceptable match.

Lola22

Re: Designation on Business card

Post by Lola22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

You can print "Director" for your position on your business card or any other company advert but you must print your "job title" in line with your soc code in application form.

Good luck.