ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal hearing. What really happens at the Tribunal??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anisatam
Newly Registered

EEA2 Appeal hearing. What really happens at the Tribunal??

Post by anisatam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 am

Hi,

So, after waiting for 4 months I have received a hearing date for October.
We had appealed as un married partners.

I wanted to ask people who have gone to the hearing, what really happens on the day. What is the setting like?

What do the home office lawyers ask or how does this whole process work?

I do have a lawyer with me to present my case, and I have 2 witnesses.

I wanted to know from people about their experiences in court on how their proceeding went.

Thanks in advance. :)
A.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: EEA2 Appeal hearing. What really happens at the Tribunal

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:06 pm

anisatam wrote:Hi,

I wanted to ask people who have gone to the hearing, what really happens on the day. What is the setting like?

I wanted to know from people about their experiences in court on how their proceeding went.

A.
You mention you have a lawyer so everything should be fine. Your lawyer should prepare you before the hearing day for possible questions and ways to answer.

No 2 hearings are the same, it depends on the reason for refusal. What I did was go to the hearing centre before the day, told the clerks I have a hearing coming soon and would like to know how it works by attending one . They allowed me sit and observe 2 hearings which gave me a clear understanding of how everything works.

Experience is the best teacher if you have time before your hearing, I would advise you to attend one.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 am

Choc-Ice wrote:

A.
You mention you have a lawyer so everything should be fine. Your lawyer should prepare you before the hearing day for possible questions and ways to answer.

No 2 hearings are the same, it depends on the reason for refusal. What I did was go to the hearing centre before the day, told the clerks I have a hearing coming soon and would like to know how it works by attending one . They allowed me sit and observe 2 hearings which gave me a clear understanding of how everything works.

Experience is the best teacher if you have time before your hearing, I would advise you to attend one.
Choc has answered all your questions. Attendance at hearing is open to public and free so long you get there before start time which in most cases is 10am. You may want to go with writing materials to take notes.

mian

Post by mian » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 pm

A.
when you recevied the hearing letter ? coz i send my appeal on 1st july, and i still waiting for hearing letter, even last thursday courd deduct their fee from my account,