ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neems
Newly Registered

Proof of cohabitation

Post by Neems » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 am

I have been on a work permit for the past 5years now and I need to apply for my ILR in October. My partner with whom I have been married since Aug 2009 was initially on his work permit, switched to WP Dependant visa. Due to work commitments, I remained in the Birmingham and he was in London. We met over weekends or holidays where either of us would travel.
I understand that in order for him to apply for set(o) dependant, we need to give evidence of cohabitation. We unfortunately do not have any evidence as we were and still live in two different cities and our bank details have not been changed either. He does have a few salary slips from a few months ago and P45 addressed to my address.
Would coach and train tickets as evidence of travel help?

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Neems.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:13 am

When did he switch to WP dependent ?

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

dk2011 wrote:When did he switch to WP dependent ?
He got his WP dependent on 11/10/2009 in India and entered UK on 23/10/2009.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:17 am

The salary slips will be ok, you need to also supply two other sources if you can. When was the last extension of dep leave? You'll also have to explain that you live separately mon-fri due to employment.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm

D4109125 wrote:The salary slips will be ok, you need to also supply two other sources if you can. When was the last extension of dep leave? You'll also have to explain that you live separately mon-fri due to employment.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'last extension of dep leave'. He got his WP dependent visa on 11/10/2009 upto 11/10/2013. Is that what you were asking?

Will the marriage certificate work as 1 of the requirements? I wonder if showing travel tickets (coach and train) can help to show meeting whilst living apart.
You mentioned that we will need to explain the reason we live separately due to work. Do both of us need to write a cover letter for that?

Thanks for your help.

N

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Since the last extension was 2009, then 2 years proof will be expected. The dep will need to include a statement explaining why s(he) was living separately from the main applicant for 5 days per week. The marriage certificate is not proof of cohabitation, look for things with the same address on, the date is important to cover the last 2 years. There must be some letters around, get hunting, credit card bills, bank statements, HMRC letters, Dr's letters etc.....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:Since the last extension was 2009, then 2 years proof will be expected. The dep will need to include a statement explaining why s(he) was living separately from the main applicant for 5 days per week. The marriage certificate is not proof of cohabitation, look for things with the same address on, the date is important to cover the last 2 years. There must be some letters around, get hunting, credit card bills, bank statements, HMRC letters, Dr's letters etc.....
Thank you. Will do.

N