ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal strike imminent, what for the awaiting applications?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mealos

Postal strike imminent, what for the awaiting applications?

Post by mealos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 am

Friends,

As you probably heard there is an incoming Postal Strike expected to commence early to mid October and planned to last until Christmas.

We will be having many October, September, August and even the applications that been sent earlier waiting in HO Liverpool office until then.

Does anyone know about what HO plans to do about the delivery of the applications' outcomes and certificates in case of the strike?

If they don't have a plan then are we as an online community going to take an organized action (such as sending email or mail inquiries to HO and if no satisfactory response received then contact our MPs to push HO for a solution?).

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

VR

Amber holds the Key

Post by VR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 am

Friends,

Best bet is to request Amber to kindly use his contacts at the Border Agency to find out what they propose to do to tide over the potential mal effects of the postal strike.

What measures they plan to put in place to avoid a pile up and untoward delays in processing applications?
Cheers
vr

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:32 am

I think there will be no plans and the correspondence will be sent using the Royal Mail as they normally do. This is what they did in previous wave of postal strike few years back. I remember that when I was going through my Tier-1 visa process. It was nightmare and a lot of hassle for many applicants

fingerscrossed123

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:44 am

Here is a link to a recent article about the strike (with a Q+A at the end).
They say deliveries won't be impacted... but not sure if that will actually be the case!

Also note the article says strike action could commence from mid October.

From the article:
Q. What does it mean for people who use Royal Mail?

They should notice no difference: universal deliveries six days a week are protected by statute. Stamp prices will also be controlled by a regulator.

Link to full article:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 12934.html

VR

I guess they will use the opportunity

Post by VR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 am

to justify the backlog... Public sector is unique isnt it?
cheers
vr

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:59 am

fingerscrossed123 wrote:Here is a link to a recent article about the strike (with a Q+A at the end).
They say deliveries won't be impacted... but not sure if that will actually be the case!

From the article:

They should notice no difference: universal deliveries six days a week are protected by statute. Stamp prices will also be controlled by a regulator.

This Q&A is not saying that deliveries will not affected in case of strike. Q&A refers to how it affects customers if Royal Mail is privatised.

Of course deliveries and services will be affected due to strike otherwise what is the point of doing strike? This is what happened last time and there were huge backlogs and sorting centres were full and some workers were forced to sort outside office.

fingerscrossed123

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm

imran22 wrote:
fingerscrossed123 wrote:Here is a link to a recent article about the strike (with a Q+A at the end).

From the article:

This Q&A is not saying that deliveries will not affected in case of strike. Q&A refers to how it affects customers if Royal Mail is privatised.

Of course deliveries and services will be affected due to strike otherwise what is the point of doing strike? This is what happened last time and there were huge backlogs and sorting centres were full and some workers were forced to sort outside office.

I see, I was hoping this would give us some hope - oh dear! If it does go ahead then things aren't looking good... :shock: