ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mothers Sister VISA - Family Visit or General Tourist Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aani

Mothers Sister VISA - Family Visit or General Tourist Visa?

Post by Aani » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am

Dear All,

Can experts’ advice on the below situation. I am looking to bring my Mother’s sister (aunt) to UK for 6 months next March. Could experts confirm whether I should apply for Family Visit or General Visitor? I went through UKBA http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/ link and it doesn’t mention aunt in the Family Visitor Category. Does that mean that I must apply for General Visitor Visa?

Thanks in advance,
Aani

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:01 am

If the sponsoring family member is settled in the UK (has ILR, PR, or British) the visit can be a family visit; otherwise a general visit.

Aani

Post by Aani » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks Guru. I am on Tier 1 General. Just one more question, What if I am going to invite my Mother. Is it Family Visit or General Visitor she must apply for . The reason is because of the line from the

The family members you are visiting must be permanently settled or have asylum/humanitarian protection status in the UK. They must also be related to you in one of the following ways:

Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
- Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
- Spouse or civil partner’s father, mother, brother or sister;
- Son or daughter’s spouse or civil partner;
- Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
- Unmarried partner where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least the two years before the day the application is made and the relationship is genuine and subsisting

As I am not settled, I believe I cannot bring anyone as Family Visit but they can come as General Visitor. Am i underatnding right?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Aani wrote:As I am not settled, I believe I cannot bring anyone as Family Visit but they can come as General Visitor. Am i underatnding right?
Yes

Aani

Post by Aani » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks Luca. This reply bothers me even more. Back in 2011 my mother visited me on Family Visit Visa and not on General Visit Visa. It’s obvious that I was on Tier 1 General in 2011. Now if I want to bring her again as General Visitor wont it be a problem?

To my surprise, there are many forum threads which suggests that Mother must/can be applied Family Visit Visa (sponsor being Tier 1). The UKBA link also still doesn’t mention about Permanent residency of the sponsor. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/.

Is it something that the PR/ILR/ British can only bring Family Visitors introduced between 2011 and now?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

In 2011 the rules were different. Recently there has been a rule change that restricts the family category to family of settled residents.

Aani

Post by Aani » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Great. That clears all my questions. God Bless !

BR,
Aani

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsorship Question

Post by sal911 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm

My wifes parents and sisters are planning on visiting the UK. Would it be possible for me to sponsor them all even though I am not the home owner. My father is the homeowner where we stay. If required I can provide previous 6 months financial documents.

They will quite easily be able to provide all the information required to prove they have strong ties with their home country so the only problem I am facing is if it is possible for me to be the sponsor.

Finally, am I correct in assuming my mother in law and father in law would apply under the family visitor category and the sisters under general visitor category IF I am able to be the sponsor?

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsorship Question

Post by sal911 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:47 pm

sal911 wrote:My wifes parents and sisters are planning on visiting the UK. Would it be possible for me to sponsor them all even though I am not the home owner. My father is the homeowner where we stay. If required I can provide previous 6 months financial documents.

They will quite easily be able to provide all the information required to prove they have strong ties with their home country so the only problem I am facing is if it is possible for me to be the sponsor.

Finally, am I correct in assuming my mother in law and father in law would apply under the family visitor category and the sisters under general visitor category IF I am able to be the sponsor?
Anyone? I need advice on this matter.

batleykhan

Re: Sponsorship Question

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 am

sal911 wrote:
sal911 wrote:My wifes parents and sisters are planning on visiting the UK. Would it be possible for me to sponsor them all even though I am not the home owner. My father is the homeowner where we stay. If required I can provide previous 6 months financial documents.

Anyone? I need advice on this matter.
Yes you can no problem, but you will need to provide evidence from your father that he is legal owner,there will be enough room,that he is quite happy to accommodate them at no cost ( title deeds/bank/mortgage statements etc would be required from your father).

They can all apply under family rather than general visitors
A family visitor can be defined as one of the following:

Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
Spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;
Son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;
Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
Unmarried partner where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least the 2 years before the day the application is made and the relationship is genuine and subsisting.
Under these Regulations a FRA will only apply where the applicant is applying to visit a qualifying family member and that family member also has settled status in the UK (as defined in paragraph 6 of the immigration rules)
been granted asylum (under paragraph 334 of the immigration rules; or
been granted Humanitarian Protection status (under paragraph 339C of the immigration rules).