ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Giveita100
Newly Registered

Post by Giveita100 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

GodGives wrote:
Giveita100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this forum for a long time, and want to say congratulations to all those that have been successful with their application and to those who were refused, don't give up just yet.

My story is this, I have been married to my wife for 4 years now and we have 3 kids but only the last is ours together. I was granted discretionary leave to remain 2 years ago after just 6 weeks of from the day I applied because I had a 5 years visit visa and been coming here almost every year until after my marriage and decided to stay. My wife and kids are all British citizen

I have a full time job and we are not receiving any benefit apart from child benefit because I earn about 35,000 per year.

Our marriage has come to a stand still and we might be separated soon, nothing I can do about it, as I continue to try to keep us going.

I am due for DL extension in October next year, even though we may not be legally divorced by then, would it affect my application if we separated? I will have access to my kids and pay regular monthly maintenance for the kids.

I cannot afford to loose my job and thus the reason I need advice.

Has anyone been separated or divorced and tried to extend their DLR before?
Hi Givelta welcome to the forum. You have nothing to worry about it would be acstraight forward extention. Because u are on dlr it has nothing to do with Ur marriage fill the flr(ltd) form important to put Ur finances I.e payslips and bankstatement. All d best for next yr

thanks alot for help... @Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:52 am

Giveita100 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

I have been a silent follower of this forum for a long time, and want to say congratulations to all those that have been successful with their application and to those who were refused, don't give up just yet.

My story is this, I have been married to my wife for 4 years now and we have 3 kids but only the last is ours together. I was granted discretionary leave to remain 2 years ago after just 6 weeks of from the day I applied because I had a 5 years visit visa and been coming here almost every year until after my marriage and decided to stay. My wife and kids are all British citizen

I have a full time job and we are not receiving any benefit apart from child benefit because I earn about 35,000 per year.

Our marriage has come to a stand still and we might be separated soon, nothing I can do about it, as I continue to try to keep us going.

I am due for DL extension in October next year, even though we may not be legally divorced by then, would it affect my application if we separated? I will have access to my kids and pay regular monthly maintenance for the kids.

Hi Givelta welcome to the forum. You have nothing to worry about it would be acstraight forward extention. Because u are on dlr it has nothing to do with Ur marriage fill the flr(ltd) form important to put Ur finances I.e payslips and bankstatement. All d best for next yr

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:09 pm

ali90 wrote:hi guys does anyone have the link to half life in the uk rule?
seems like my request got lost on here -_-

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Giveita100 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Ah no! It is not that simple as one believes! The principle behind an extension of DLR is that there should not be great changes in the initial situations when the HO first granted 3 years. In the case of Giveita100, he was happily married with a child. Now he is getting divorce, and it looks like he is not going to be the main guardian of the child.
You need to talk an immigration advisor to see your chances of remaining legally in UK.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Good morning everybody. I hope you all had a nice weekend. As some of the bloggers have suggested about arguing your rights through the rules, I think it is very advisable to ask you solicitors if you could see what they are writing to argue about your case. Because some solicitors just write like just a page and that is not enough. They have been paid to do this for us ,so I think they should be put to work. I pray that this new week there will be a lot of visas granted in the forum. Have a blessed week.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:32 pm

astro123 wrote:Good morning everybody. I hope you all had a nice weekend. As some of the bloggers have suggested about arguing your rights through the rules, I think it is very advisable to ask you solicitors if you could see what they are writing to argue about your case. Because some solicitors just write like just a page and that is not enough. They have been paid to do this for us ,so I think they should be put to work. I pray that this new week there will be a lot of visas granted in the forum. Have a blessed week.
@astro123, i concur with you on that, everyone should ask to see what their solicitor intends to submit on their behalf afterall, you have paid for it!

It appears Home Secretary is deliberately introducing Immigration Rules she knows to be unlawful to cause hardship to the people and also confusion in the legal cirlcles.
Because how on earth can you expect Even if an applicant can establish 20 years, he will only be granted an initial period of leave for 30 months and will not be entitled to indefinite leave to remain until he has accumulated 120 months’ of such leave. This creates a very long route to settlement under “Article 8. - which means even if after being here illegally for 20 years using the long stay route, he or she will still be subjected to another 120 months (10 years) of temporary status before being given ILR. Oh my GOD!!!!

Read more of her confusion below; God help us!

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/08/ ... ied-right/

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 pm

[quote="ali90"][quote="ali90"]hi guys does anyone have the link to half life in the uk rule?[/quote]

seems like my request got lost on here -_-[/quote]

@ali90. I believe the relevant rules you are looking for have been posted elsewhere on this forum not too long ago but for your benefit, read part 7 in below link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... tionrules/.

Hopefully that should answer your question!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 pm

hatchsead wrote:
astro123 wrote:Good morning everybody. I hope you all had a nice weekend. As some of the bloggers have suggested about arguing your rights through the rules, I think it is very advisable to ask you solicitors if you could see what they are writing to argue about your case. Because some solicitors just write like just a page and that is not enough. They have been paid to do this for us ,so I think they should be put to work. I pray that this new week there will be a lot of visas granted in the forum. Have a blessed week.
@astro123, i concur with you on that, everyone should ask to see what their solicitor intends to submit on their behalf afterall, you have paid for it!

It appears Home Secretary is deliberately introducing Immigration Rules she knows to be unlawful to cause hardship to the people and also confusion in the legal cirlcles.
Because how on earth can you expect Even if an applicant can establish 20 years, he will only be granted an initial period of leave for 30 months and will not be entitled to indefinite leave to remain until he has accumulated 120 months’ of such leave. This creates a very long route to settlement under “Article 8. - which means even if after being here illegally for 20 years using the long stay route, he or she will still be subjected to another 120 months (10 years) of temporary status before being given ILR. Oh my GOD!!!!

Hi all
Although abolished post 9 July 2012. The 14 year rule can be argued in spirit successfully citing article 8. The 20 year rule plus waiting a further 10 years for full citizenship is just hogwash - i would be seriously surprised if it's applicable to anyone. Just tough talk from the tories as they know it doesnt really apply to anyone. Like i said i would be amazed!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Hi all
Although abolished post 9 July 2012. The 14 year rule can be argued in spirit successfully citing article 8. The 20 year rule plus waiting a further 10 years for full citizenship is just hogwash - i would be seriously surprised if it's applicable to anyone. Just tough talk from the tories as they know it doesnt really apply to anyone. Like i said i would be amazed!
@believe2013, unfortunately, the 120 months route is what will be issued to 20 years long stay until it is repealed.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Hi all
@believe2013, unfortunately, the 120 months route is what will be issued to 20 years long stay until it is repealed.
Do not forget to mention the 72 months route for those granted before July 2012!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Chidy wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Hi all
Do not forget to mention the 72 months route for those granted before July 2012!
The 72 months route is by far better, at least they do have recourse to public fund which still gives them a sense of belonging. The new 120 months route is cruel which i see as 10 years of mondern slavery!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm

good afternoon my lovely people,i hope you all are doing great and keeping faith alive?i am praying for you all and i pray the lord almighty will put smiles on yr faces....remember when God is at work, no case is weak.. sending you all lots of cyber cuddles, kisses....

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:good afternoon my lovely people,i hope you all are doing great and keeping faith alive?i am praying for you all and i pray the lord almighty will put smiles on yr faces....remember when God is at work, no case is weak.. sending you all lots of cyber cuddles, kisses....
Thank you very much :D

Hmm ...looks like no news today ! Hopefully we will have tomorrow :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:good afternoon my lovely people,i hope you all are doing great and keeping faith alive?i am praying for you all and i pray the lord almighty will put smiles on yr faces....remember when God is at work, no case is weak.. sending you all lots of cyber cuddles, kisses....
@yummymummy

Awwwh thank you for your prayers angel!!! Hope you and your yummyfambo are well! xxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:03 pm

@sdp i guess mondays are days packages are sent fingers crossed viss are gonna rain tommorrow..
@verbina lol we are all good thanx dear..... any news yet dear????

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@sdp i guess mondays are days packages are sent fingers crossed viss are gonna rain tommorrow..
@verbina lol we are all good thanx dear..... any news yet dear????
Noooooo *bangs her head on the letterbox*

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:27 pm

[quote="yummymummy3j"]good afternoon my lovely people,i hope you all are doing great and keeping faith alive?i am praying for you all and i pray the lord almighty will put smiles on yr faces....remember when God is at work, no case is weak.. sending you all lots of cyber cuddles, kisses....[/quote]

Thank you yummymummy!! We sure need those prayers!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:47 pm

@nile any news? does reconsideration letter works? whats the next step?

Muffin007
Nigeria

Flr(o)

Post by Muffin007 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Hello all

I have been following this forum for a while and need your help on an outstanding application .
I came here as a student in jan 2007 and carried on with my psw which expired august 2013.
I just gave birth to a British baby though I and the father are not together but due to the timing I had to send in my application without her British passport because it would be too late.I just sent it in last week Friday after just getting it,

I applied through a lawyer who claims he's very good at this kind of application but still worried.I applied on AUGUST 5 got my biometrics aug 20 but just did it on the 2nd of September ..

I was told to put a letter from my mum who has ILR that I'm staying with her and I'm depending on her also to take care of the baby with me as I do not have support from the father and was also told to send pictures of three of us

Just want to pls find out success rate of this kind of application ?

And also the father of the baby wants to claim the benefits for her in his name but my account would be the beneficiary and I also want to claim council house but I'm not sure if this would affect my outstanding application?

NB BABY. Was born July 21

Thank u

Any advice pls?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:55 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@nile any news? does reconsideration letter works? whats the next step?[/quote]

Nah Shondra!! Not expecting anything for at least a few months. Am currently looking for a fax number so that I can start bombarding them with faxes!! Lol! Next step will be to get a removal notice from them!

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 am

Good Morning everyone ! My postman has come & gone no post for me....
I am tired & sick of this waiting business :? :? :?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 am

SDP wrote:Good Morning everyone ! My postman has come & gone no post for me....
Yep! Same here!
On my way to reporting centre :twisted:

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am

verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:Good Morning everyone ! My postman has come & gone no post for me....
Yep! Same here!
On my way to reporting centre :twisted:
Same here......found my post from dropping kids off at school...looked around for a note to pick up my mail but alas...NOTHING....I am seriously tired ...but I will wait upon the Lord

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 am

Really need help. Has any one applied under the parent of a British child? The 60 month route? If there is can the person give me the break down as to the what one has to go through.

help

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 am

@sdp, verbina, crystal newbie, your goodnews will come soon . the funny thing is it comes when you guyz are not even thinking about it.... it is well your patience will eventually pay off...
@verbina pls let us know how you get on at d reporting centre.. xxx