ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport validity for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firangi

Indian Passport validity for ILR

Post by firangi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello

I am on Work Permit and will be applying for ILR (premium, facetoface) in Oct-13. My daughter(dependent) was issued with a 5 yrs passport in India, before coming to UK. On the day of ILR application in Oct-13 she will have 10 days left on her passport. Does the passport need to be valid for a specific period while applying for ILR, as I am planning to renew her passport after ILR?

Your advice would be invaluable.

Thanks

visva_cool
Newly Registered

Post by visva_cool » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi,

I extended my tier 2 in March 2013 when my passport was valid only for 3 months. I had similar doubts, so I called them up and they said it is not a problem.

It is probably because you can renew/reissue your passport within UK and without a problem. However, your visa/BRP will have the old passport details, so you must carry both old and new passports all the time. You can transfer the visa on to new passport, but it is not required - just carrying both passports will do.

In your case, 10 days is a bit too short, so I would call them and check... Definitely go for an in person application, otherwise your passport will be invalid by the time decision is made.