ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirements Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr_Q
Newly Registered

Financial Requirements Question

Post by Mr_Q » Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello people,

Please can somebody help shed some light on my querey:

My wife-to-be is due to apply soon to come here on a partner visa. I work salaried employment and earn 17k and make up roughly another 2k at a second job.

I get wage slips for this second job on a weekly basis and I'm taxed but I get paid cash. I don't put all of this in my account all the time as I just use it to live off and for basic necessities. Will this be a problem?

So because I only pay about half of my second job's cash earnings into my account, the 6 months bank statements show only about 17,000 - 18,000 salary.

But I do still have more than 6 months worth of wage slips and I have letters from both employers showing that I make about 19,000 in total.

Can anyone please advise? Do they look at the statements that thoroughly? They can't expect everyone who has a second job in this manner to pay everything in so precisely, considering cash so easily comes in one hand and out the other!!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirements Question

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Mr_Q wrote:Hello people,

My wife-to-be is due to apply soon to come here on a partner visa. I work salaried employment and earn 17k and make up roughly another 2k at a second job.

I get wage slips for this second job on a weekly basis and I'm taxed but I get paid cash. I don't put all of this in my account all the time as I just use it to live off and for basic necessities. Will this be a problem?

So because I only pay about half of my second job's cash earnings into my account, the 6 months bank statements show only about 17,000 - 18,000 salary.

But I do still have more than 6 months worth of wage slips and I have letters from both employers showing that I make about 19,000 in total.

Can anyone please advise? Do they look at the statements that thoroughly? They can't expect everyone who has a second job in this manner to pay everything in so precisely, considering cash so easily comes in one hand and out the other!!
Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement wrote:

3.1.5. The gross amount of any cash income may be used in meeting the financial requirement, where the correct tax has been paid on that income and where all the relevant evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE are met. So, for example, where a person‟s wage slips show their gross cash income and the tax paid, and their specified bank statements show all of that post-tax income, they can count the gross amount of the cash income shown on the wage slips towards the financial requirement. But, where that person‟s specified bank statements only show a proportion of that post-tax income, only the amount shown on the bank statements can be counted towards the financial requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mr_Q
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Q » Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank you for showing me that, really appreciate it.

Now, when it says it must show it, they don't really specify how it must show it. So say I make 40 quid a week, does that mean I can save it all up and then pay it in every 4 weeks or even 5.5 weeks or does it have to be methodically paid in as and when I receive it?

I can see major problems arising from this :?

Thank you again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Mr_Q wrote:In the financial requirements advice document it says:

"The gross amount of any cash income may be used in meeting the financial requirement, where the correct tax has been paid on that income and where all the relevant evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE are met"

I pay tax but there was a 2 month period where I was on the wrong tax code and I underpaid, do they contact HMRC and double check tax information or something? I'm hoping this doesn't hinder the application.

Any advice would help thank you
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 pm

They may check with the HMRC however, if you paid the tax due then there shouldn't be an issue.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Mr_Q wrote:Hello,

I cannot find on the Border Agency website any guidance on what they need with regards to accommodation for a spouse visa.

It gives guidance on property /number of rooms and how many people can be living there but it doesn't seem to state what documentation they require for this.

Can somebody help please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Mr_Q
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Q » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Thank you.

If I am providing photos of wedding / various holidays and family events over the years, do they still require skype logs and phonebills?

Don't really fancy the idea of strangers reading mine and my wife's skype logs.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:03 am

Mr_Q wrote:I am applying under Cat A with 2 jobs.

First job is salaried and second is cash but paid in and pay slips show tax paid as well.

Have been with both employers over 6 months and in the last six months the total gross I have been paid with both jobs is £9500 and it is on bank statements too.

Can you advise if this is fine?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 am

For the salaried job what is the lowest monthly wage slips in the last 6 months?

For the non-salaried job, what have you earned in the last 6 months?

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:52 am

Amber_ wrote:
Mr_Q wrote:Hello people,

Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement wrote:

3.1.5. The gross amount of any cash income may be used in meeting the financial requirement, where the correct tax has been paid on that income and where all the relevant evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE are met. So, for example, where a person‟s wage slips show their gross cash income and the tax paid, and their specified bank statements show all of that post-tax income, they can count the gross amount of the cash income shown on the wage slips towards the financial requirement. But, where that person‟s specified bank statements only show a proportion of that post-tax income, only the amount shown on the bank statements can be counted towards the financial requirement.
Hi Amber,

Does it mean that the person who is being paid in cash and also paying tax as confirmed from salary slips and P60 will not rely upon his income if he does not put his whole salary received in cash in the bank? Normally people receiving salary in cash only put a potion of their salary in their bank account as they usually use a bit of salary in meeting living expenses but this bit can make them fail in meeting the requirement.

jomaho10
Newly Registered

Post by jomaho10 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 am

Hello,

I am a UK citizen and my husband is here on a spouse visa, he is from South Africa.

His extension is due in 2 years.

I have been offered a place to go back to university to study nursing.

I need to know if the bursary will be counted towards the financial requirement?

It is a garanteed monthly bursary that I do not need to repay.

Please can anyone give me a wee bit of advice re this?

An immigration advisor has already advised this would be fine but just want some second opinions....

Thanks

Justine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm

A bursary may be used. See Annex FM 1.7 (click). at page 39.