ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am i eligible for a ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjcr28
Mood:
India

am i eligible for a ILR

Post by mjcr28 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi,

I'm having difficulty understanding if my 5 years in UK are eligible to apply for an ILR. I'll greatly appreciate your help on this matter as I'm being constantly told by friends that i am eligible and that I should apply for an ILR as I qualify Here's a break down of my residence in UK

February 2006 - February 2008 - WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
Break from 17th December - to 13th January 2008 - Dad passed away emergency travel

February 2008 - December 2008 - FLR- as I had applied for HSMP although I had to withdraw my application and travel back home thought this would be better as my partner had PSW and I could apply as dependant

December 2008 - June 2009 - in home country awaiting on my PSW dependant Visa

June 2009 - September 2010 - PSW Dependant
In this I had a break from December 2009 to January 2010 - 2 weeks holiday

End Of September 2010 To May 2011 - abroad awaiting on my Tier 2 visa as a main applicant due to UKBA' errors on my application they made me wait its a long saga......

May 2011 - till date currently in the uk

So in total I have completed 7 years and 7 months in the country ( roughly around 14 months + 69 days which is around 16 months and 9 days just an estimate) Rolling Eyes although there has been gaps . Please let me know if I can apply for an ILR now. Thank you so much in advance!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: am i eligible for a ILR

Post by physicskate » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm

mjcr28 wrote:Hi,

I'm having difficulty understanding if my 5 years in UK are eligible to apply for an ILR. I'll greatly appreciate your help on this matter as I'm being constantly told by friends that i am eligible and that I should apply for an ILR as I qualify Here's a break down of my residence in UK

February 2006 - February 2008 - WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
Break from 17th December - to 13th January 2008 - Dad passed away emergency travel

February 2008 - December 2008 - FLR- as I had applied for HSMP although I had to withdraw my application and travel back home thought this would be better as my partner had PSW and I could apply as dependant

December 2008 - June 2009 - in home country awaiting on my PSW dependant Visa

June 2009 - September 2010 - PSW Dependant
In this I had a break from December 2009 to January 2010 - 2 weeks holiday

End Of September 2010 To May 2011 - abroad awaiting on my Tier 2 visa as a main applicant due to UKBA' errors on my application they made me wait its a long saga......

May 2011 - till date currently in the uk

So in total I have completed 7 years and 7 months in the country ( roughly around 14 months + 69 days which is around 16 months and 9 days just an estimate) Rolling Eyes although there has been gaps . Please let me know if I can apply for an ILR now. Thank you so much in advance!
You are not currently eligible. You will have to wait until you meet the requirements:

10 year long residence ( you cannot have been absent for more than 6 months at one time and 18 months in total)

5 years on Tier 2 (if you meet the requirements at the time of applying for ILR).

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.