ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:57 am

neoseal wrote:.... Lets hope they have not bundled our application and put it in store to mature.

lol its an application not cheddar or wine

I mean I have seen them reply to apps in a rather odd an unfair order but all the wait will be worth while any day now a 2nd class brown envelope will greet you in your post box to say you have been approved. could be tomorrow

My cousin applied on 29th July he has had his yesterday one of my friends has been waiting from last year so there are extreme cases but urs are simple I personally think the emails I sent to them helped keep sending them emails every week. its coming lads

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:07 am

:) Hope so it will come soon. Yep, the application is really straight forward.

It better come through soon... since there is a postal strike for 6 weeks or so looming around the corner to happen from early next month (news reports say) due to the royal mail privatisation :(

Just now our applications have come out the apparent Printer machine crisis at HO, and now if they don't send out those eagerly awaited brown covers (2nd class :()) soon, they may get into one other backlog due to the postal strike next month, and that will be even more painful :(

I wonder why the HO could not collect another 20/30 pounds more with our application fees (which is already around £900 anyway) and send out all correspondence in special delivery. Very silly of them to save money with these high-profile applications.... after all we are paying for everything in the process!!!!

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 am

I agree with them posting special deliver or recorded deliver for citizenship applications. (atleast) ilr plus citizenship costed me over 2.2k its so much harder for those with kids and dependants

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Exactly that is what I am thinking, with postal strike planned, what will happen. They plan to start mid- October and run till Christmas, :(
Govt not backing, so strike inevitable.
HO should have plan B to send out letters, they can use DX, but will they? I am even ready to drive there and collect in person, anyone knows if they allow this.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Neoseal they certainly wont let you pick in person.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:39 pm

[quote="njoy1987"]Neoseal they certainly wont let you pick in person.

they should send it by email so we can print it out; it would be a lot simpler and cheaper....

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Ya email is good idea, why don't they start doing that.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:10 pm

sokrates99 wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote: Anyone during the 1st/2nd week of JULY are still waiting for approval?
3rd week - i applied on 17th July.
thanks for the update,

I have done HSMP ext + ILR through postal process, got quicker than this.

Only thing this time I have done wrong approach sending application through NCS rather my own postal application.

Postal is far better where we have complete control over documentation order ...etc. This NCS guys done something wrong in preparing the docs checklist.

thanks

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't think you have taken a wrong approach. If you would have applied directly and had to travel in emergency or needed documents to prove for a new job or buy house etc then you would be stuck. Its not guaranteed that direct applications are faster.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd like to request to everyone posting their timeline, please mention your NCS council name also (Not just NCS) if you haven't already done so, so that others planning to use service would know how different council services are faring.

Those who have already posted with just NCS as method of application, would you please consider informing about council also?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:15 pm

neoseal wrote:Ya email is good idea, why don't they start doing that.
Because that would be too easy and would take the suspense out of the equation lol

No idea, man; I guess it's because they want to send it to the address that you put on the form to make sure that the right person gets it, but the irony is that info sent by post is the most likely one to end up in the wrong hands....

Also, they could just send the email to the email address you put on the form, so it's the email the application provided, a lot safer than by post.

The could also have an website where you could submit the application and where you can see the progress of your application (we do something similar with our customers in my company), but I don't think they want people to have visibility, because then it's easier to complain, so I think they keep it vague intentionally; it's the only explanation

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:13 pm

neoseal wrote:I don't think you have taken a wrong approach. If you would have applied directly and had to travel in emergency or needed documents to prove for a new job or buy house etc then you would be stuck. Its not guaranteed that direct applications are faster.

Thanks, I agree that's the +ve side.

Anyhow it is only frustration on waiting times.

Dino1980s
Newly Registered

Post by Dino1980s » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 am

hey guys,

Time for me to jump onto the bandwagon! :D

Application : Self
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 1st July 2013
Received by HO: 2nd July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 4th July 2103
Date of acknowledgement Letter : 5th July 2103
Date of acknowledgement Letter Received : 9th July 2013
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of approval Received: Waiting
Date of Invitation: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

arjun_wp

16th July

Post by arjun_wp » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 am

I applied on 16th July and received the reply from HO: No decision has been made yet and they are no longer able to confirm whether case has been allocated to a caseworker.

Derivaz

Re: 16th July

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 am

arjun_wp wrote:I applied on 16th July and received the reply from HO: No decision has been made yet and they are no longer able to confirm whether case has been allocated to a caseworker.
Arjun

That's what they said to me, 2 weeks ago, but 1) sometimes they tell applicants whether their application has been assigned to a caseworker or not 2) sometimes they say that it hasn't been assigned and then, you get the letter 2 days letter.... so even if they answer your question, you don't know if it's right or wrong....

I've sent another email today, let's see what/if they reply....

Dino, welcome aboard haha, good luck!

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am

arjun_wp wrote:I applied on 16th July and received the reply from HO: No decision has been made yet and they are no longer able to confirm whether case has been allocated to a caseworker.
Arjun

That's what they said to me, 2 weeks ago, but 1) sometimes they tell applicants whether their application has been assigned to a caseworker or not 2) sometimes they say that it hasn't been assigned and then, you get the letter 2 days letter.... so even if they answer your question, you don't know if it's right or wrong....

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Dino1980s wrote:hey guys,

Time for me to jump onto the bandwagon! :D

Application : Self
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 1st July 2013
Received by HO: 2nd July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 4th July 2103
Date of acknowledgement Letter : 5th July 2103
Date of acknowledgement Letter Received : 9th July 2013
Date of approval Received: Waiting
Date of Invitation: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
thanks for the update,

Looks we are both applied on same week (mine 05-JUL, NCS- Birmingham ) waiting for more than 2 months.

thanks

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Derivaz wrote:
Arjun

dont worry guys I am waiting from end of march n everytime i emailed i received same email no decision has been made yet (anyone asked if no decision has been made then what da u r doing selling fruit or shoes in home office ).Now I contacted my MP and hes much more lazy than ho n havent give me any reply so far .....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

ayesha11 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Arjun

dont worry guys I am waiting from end of march n everytime i emailed i received same email no decision has been made yet (anyone asked if no decision has been made then what da u r doing selling fruit or shoes in home office ).Now I contacted my MP and hes much more lazy than ho n havent give me any reply so far .....
I think you can call your MP as well, but I'd wait till the end of september, so it's been longer than 6 months waiting; after 6 months you can also call them, use the option 2/2 (waiting more than 6 months) and i think they answer then and ask what's going on.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

malaga
Newly Registered

Post by malaga » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 25th July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29th July 2013
Date of acknowledgement : 05th August 2013 (Dated 31th July 2013)
Date of debit of fees: 31th July 2013

imdabs
Newly Registered

Post by imdabs » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Not needed
Last edited by imdabs on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

malaga wrote:Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 25th July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29th July 2013
Date of acknowledgement : 05th August 2013 (Dated 31th July 2013)
Date of debit of fees: 31th July 2013
Welcome aboard, similar date to mine; although different route.

sokrates99

Post by sokrates99 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:04 pm

sokrates99 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 6 years of exercising Treaty Rights (A8 national)
Method of application: postal
Date of application: 17 July 2013
Received by UKBA: 18 July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 22 July 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26 July 2013
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony : TBC

I emailed them and got a respone on 30 August 2013 that no decision has yet been made on my application. In my enquiry i asked them to say if it has been allocated to a caseworker and they wrote "Your case has already been passed to a caseworker." I hope it won't be long now.
8 weeks since they debited my account i got another email confirming that no decision has been made. Im requesting some docs back as i have a holiday booked in a few weeks.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Congrats Imdabs.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Again, just now I received reply "No decision has been made yet", I also asked if it is assigned to case worker, no reply to that. the reply was from the same person who replied to me 2 weeks back. :(