ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Angel592 wrote:Does anyone know if the residency is 5 years as well for a British person wanting to get the Irish citizenship too or is it less?
You remind me of an OP that asks funny questions on this thread. Oh wait....
May I kindly remind you to please take your sarcastic comments elsewhere. Thank you.
I think its best to get off my THREAD!. I designed this thread for seriously questions and am proud and happy to say that its been one of the most successful threads on this Forum.

Create yours and ask as many funny questions as you wish and I'll have nothing to do with it whatsoever.
I honestly think you are really obnoxious and arrogant and you should stop belittling people. My question was a genuine one, who are you to judge weather it was a funny or stupid question, you are just acting like a childish Mr Know It All! If you don't like my question, act like a mature grown up and either answer nicely or don't say anything at all! This is the second time you've done this and I do not appreciate this because you think you're better.
Just want to take this oppertunity to also say, THANK YOU MARY, for answering my question nicely and maturely unlike some people here, I really appreciate it :) And thanks dalebutt for backing me up :) have a nice day!

mred1

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey
I got a letter today asking for GNIB card, proof of income/social welfare, daughters birth certificate.
Also, An incident of shop lifting in 2003, was 18 yrs old was requested. I do not have anything from back then, I dont even remember how it went, I just know it was dismissed. Not sure if I should write a letter stating the above. I have also started work (training) today the 16th of sept., I am not sure if I should send them my contract agreement, or just dont bother..What do you reckon?
bepositive89 wrote:any approval

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:15 pm

mred1 wrote:Hey
I got a letter today asking for GNIB card, proof of income/social welfare, daughters birth certificate.
Also, An incident of shop lifting in 2003, was 18 yrs old was requested. I do not have anything from back then, I dont even remember how it went, I just know it was dismissed. Not sure if I should write a letter stating the above. I have also started work (training) today the 16th of sept., I am not sure if I should send them my contract agreement, or just dont bother..What do you reckon?
i personally think you should send them all they have asked for including your new employment contract with a cover letter stating that you have just started employment (which is a positive thing it will go in your favour ) , as for the incident dated back 10 years ago , i think you should contact the district court where the charges were heard and request a letter confirming the outcome of those charges in your case it was dismissed (which is again a positive thing in your favor) . once you have done all that i think you should hear a positive response from INIS . but DO NOT IGNORE THEM OR AS YOU SAID "should i bother" .
Good Luck

mred1

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I will get all the documents together & send it to them.
Furthermore, the incident is now over 10 years!..I really dont remember what court it was..I know...I have an Idea of the area...If I find the court, would I just walk in & give them my name? Also, That will also take some time.
Thanks again...So excited...looks like I will be getting my naturalization soon..I applied Feb.

adelmurray wrote:
mred1 wrote:Hey
i personally think you should send them all they have asked for including your new employment contract with a cover letter stating that you have just started employment (which is a positive thing it will go in your favour ) , as for the incident dated back 10 years ago , i think you should contact the district court where the charges were heard and request a letter confirming the outcome of those charges in your case it was dismissed (which is again a positive thing in your favor) . once you have done all that i think you should hear a positive response from INIS . but DO NOT IGNORE THEM OR AS YOU SAID "should i bother" .
Good Luck
Last edited by mred1 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 pm

[quote="mred1"]Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I will get all the documents together & send it to them.
As for letter from the social welfare, I sent one when I applied. I am now in full time 9-5 training which wont finish until another 2 weeks. I wont have the time to go to their office. Should I wait for the 2 weeks & get the letter then? or send them a note saying this & send the employment contract?.
Furthermore, the incident is now over 10 years!..I really dont remember what court it was..I know...I have an Idea of the area...If I find the court, would I just walk in & give them my name? Also, That will also take some time.
Thanks again...So excited...looks like I will be getting my naturalization soon..I applied Feb.

i am not sure about the social welfare letter are you still in receipt of benefits even though u r in employment now ? if you are yes do send them another letter and make sure you state in your written letter that you have started a new job and enclose the employment Contract , if u r not in Receipt of any welfare benefit then just send the Employment Contract .
as for the district court yes you can walk in and give them your name and request they issue you with a letter stating the outcome of the charges brought against you 10 years ago . i know you mentioned that you are on 2 weeks training now , you can phone the district court clerk and they will advise you of what to do ,most likely they will ask you to write the them requesting what you are looking for and they will certainly send you the letter you need . you will have to make an effort man and find that district court ... you are very lucky as a Feb applicant and your application has gone this far , so make every effort and get them what they are looking for and you will definitely hear some good news in coming months .

Good Luck !!

mred1

thanks

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Adel..
I am still in receipt of OPF. My employment only commenced today. :D :D :D
Last edited by mred1 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

adelmurray

Re: thanks

Post by adelmurray » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:53 pm

mred1 wrote:Thanks Adel..
I am still in receipt of OPF. My employment & training only commenced today. :D :D :D
that's ok they won't judge you on that as i said previously enclose your new employment contract that will go in your favor big time .
just follow the advise i previously mentioned and you will be fine ... and if for whatever reason you still think you can not remember the district court you were brought before try to go down to your local Garda Station they may be able to look up their system and they will be able to tell you what court you were before 10 years ago .

good luck and don't delay things you are nearly there man !!

mred1

Post by mred1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:06 am

tHANK YOU. Will inform you of the Outcome very soon.

Skay94
Newly Registered

Invite to October 21st irish citizenship ceremony

Post by Skay94 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:25 pm

I received my approval letter on the 08/08/2013.
I sent all the documents ( GNIB card,2 passport photos and the €950) on the 20/08/13 by registered post.I still have not heard anything regarding the citizenship ceremony.Will I be part of the October 21st ceremony? Is anyone else in the same boat ? And do you think I should email inis,since it's been a month and no reply

Thank you in advance for your help

moro1

Re: Invite to October 21st irish citizenship ceremony

Post by moro1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Skay94 wrote:I received my approval letter on the 08/08/2013.
I sent all the documents ( GNIB card,2 passport photos and the €950) on the 20/08/13 by registered post.I still have not heard anything regarding the citizenship ceremony.Will I be part of the October 21st ceremony? Is anyone else in the same boat ? And do you think I should email inis,since it's been a month and no reply

I got an emailed from then two days ago stating that invitations will issues in coming weeks

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:38 pm

moro1 wrote:
Skay94 wrote:I received my approval letter on the 08/08/2013.

I got an emailed from then two days ago stating that invitations will issues in coming weeks
I got the same email a week ago.... :?

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi everyone.
Any body can explain me wats meaning of ...further processing LSR team??

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Could anyone let me know:
- The contact number/email address to ask about the application status for naturalization office in Tipperary

For those who had successfully progressed to the Approval stage:
- How many stages or email of acknowledgement you had received ?
- What is the time frame for each stage. For the 1st Acknowledgement, I think the time frame is 2 weeks. And the quicker you got it, the more likely your approval will come in 6 months as targeted.

Thank you :)

dub007

Post by dub007 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:45 pm

alegalalien wrote:Could anyone let me know:
- The contact number/email address to ask about the application status for naturalization office in Tipperary

- What is the time frame for each stage. For the 1st Acknowledgement, I think the time frame is 2 weeks. And the quicker you got it, the more likely your approval will come in 6 months as targeted.

1. Initial Processing. 1 to 8 weeks
2. Further Processing. 5 to 18 months
3. Advance Stage. 4 to 12 weeks

Depends on application if its simple app you will get answer soon if its complex case it will take long time.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 pm

alegalalien wrote:Could anyone let me know:

Email: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Phone: 1890 252 854, 062 32500
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks alot for your reply dub007 and IntegratedMigrant.
Looks like the 2nd stage is the most time consuming.
^^

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

What is FSPSA CITIZENSHIP SECTION ROSANNA ????

summmer75
Newly Registered

Post by summmer75 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi all, I received my approval on the 16th of Sept. I applied in Feb based on 5 years residence.
They are asking me to send:
1 €950
2 two passport photos
3 Original Certificate of Registration
4 Original travel document (not own passport)
Can anyone please help me with matter 3 and 4. I am from Bulgaria and I don't have a green card. What should I send for 3 and 4.

Thank you

summmer75
Newly Registered

Post by summmer75 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 pm

[quote="summmer75"]Hi all, I received my approval on the 16th of Sept. I applied in Feb based on 5 years residence.
1 €950
2 two passport photos
Can anyone please help me with matter 3 and 4. I am from Bulgaria and I don't have a green card. What should I send for 3 and 4.

Thank you[/quote]
Anyone ,please :(

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 pm

summmer75 wrote:
summmer75 wrote:Hi all, I received my approval on the 16th of Sept. I applied in Feb based on 5 years residence.
1 €950
2 two passport photos

Thank you
Anyone ,please :(
For 3, did you have a work permit or anything like that when you moved to Ireland? If not, I would include a letter explaining the conditions under which you entered the country, referencing stamps and the like in your passport.

For 4, people send their current passports.

summmer75
Newly Registered

Post by summmer75 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:27 pm

thank you for your replay
Im ok with number 3 now, thank you
Number 4 , they are saying "original travel document(if applicable ) .Please do not submit your own national passport" Im really confused on this one as the only original travel document I have is my passport but as above I cant sent it in!? :? :?

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm

summmer75 wrote:thank you for your replay
Number 4 , they are saying "original travel document(if applicable ) .Please do not submit your own national passport" Im really confused on this one as the only original travel document I have is my passport but as above I cant sent it in!? :? :?
Let's wait for someone who actually went through the process. I think what they mean here is to send the refugee travel document (if you have one). But I could be mistaken.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Kinto wrote:
summmer75 wrote:thank you for your replay
Let's wait for someone who actually went through the process. I think what they mean here is to send the refugee travel document (if you have one). But I could be mistaken.
Anyone explain what is FSPSA CITIZENSHIP SECTION ROSANNA....??

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

When do they usually send the invitations?

I got am email from them last week telling me the invitations will be sent in coming weeks.
Did anybody here got an invitation? Many still waiting ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 am

summmer75 wrote:Hi all, I received my approval on the 16th of Sept. I applied in Feb based on 5 years residence.
1 €950
2 two passport photos

Thank you
Ok here is the answer to your questions.
3 and 4 are generic questions sent to most people and in some certain cases they will include (if applicable).

Now, the documents required was not specifically tailored for you, it is generic. Since 3 and 4 did not apply to you, you should do absolutely nothing about it and the Citizenship Division already know that.

In order to conclude, do nothing about 3 and 4, dont even send them any letter, just send the documents that are applicable.

Note: You may be wondering what 3 and 4 means.

3. If you're for example a Non-EU national and had to register with the GNIB when you arrived in Ireland. This is not applicable to EU-Nationals

4. If you are an asylum seeker. Granted Asylum seekers are issued with travel documents that allows them to travel around europe and elsewhere and again this does not apply to you.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.