ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELETS GENERAL R ACADEMIC

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usafjamal385
Newly Registered

IELETS GENERAL R ACADEMIC

Post by usafjamal385 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi all i m applying for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). i have ielets test in general 6 band for to claim 10 points.
i checked ukba website where i found on page 15/25 that i need IELTS (Academic and General Training).
please help me in that i m ok with general r i need to do acadmic to claim 10 points.

afzaalaslam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: IELETS GENERAL R ACADEMIC

Post by afzaalaslam » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:50 am

salam,could u please paste the ukba link here that is saying academic ielts is required for applying entrepreneur visa, on the other hand i took ielts academic ielts but someone ask me to appear in general ielts.
Last edited by afzaalaslam on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverdelt
Newly Registered

Re: IELETS GENERAL R ACADEMIC

Post by silverdelt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:18 am

afzaalaslam wrote:salam,could u please past the ukba link here that is saying academic ielts is required for applying entrepreneur visa, on the other hand i took ielts academic ielts but someone ask me to appear in general ielts.
I believe BOTH tests are acceptable...you are being misinformed! Please look at the document in this link and scroll down to the IELTS section (page 15)...it says Academic and General.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

silverdelt
Newly Registered

Post by silverdelt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 am

Btw this document is also available directly on Entrepreneur Visa page (on right side of the page)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

afzaalaslam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by afzaalaslam » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 am

@ brother silverdeit
thanks for that link it is crystal clear that both type of ielts is acceptable
appreciate your guidance