ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Application confusion - EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Niza_carson

Certificate of Application confusion - EEA4

Post by Niza_carson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

On 3rd of September, I submitted my EEA4 application along with my 5 years in the UK evidence.

I guess due to the new £55 payment I received a letter (dated 05/09/2013) without a title thanking me for my application on Form EEA-4 on Thursday, the 12th of September.

Today, the Certificate of Application came through the post (dated 11th Sept). However, the first line states "Thank you for your application 3rd September 2013 for a Residence Card" . I did not apply for a residence card as I already have that on my passport and as I have lived here for five years (last month making 5 years) so I applied for a permanent residence card.

I am worried that maybe my application is in the wrong category as I have heard stories of people who applied using an EEA4 but got another 5 years residence card instead.

Is this something to be bothered about or not?
I know I will have to wait for 6 months to see the outcome but it would be a waste of time and money if I am given the wrong sticker in my passport and need to re-apply or appeal. Has anyone had a similar worry or problem and if yes, or have any idea please share.

Thanks.[/b]

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:07 pm

If the letters totally lacks the word of permanent residence then you must contact them and clarify this issue at its earlier stage.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 pm

@sheraz7 Many thanks for taking your time to read and reply to my post.

I do not know how to contact them. Ironically it states "If you need to contact us by telephone please use the number on this letter" even though the letter has absolutely no telephone number printed anywhere.

Has anyone ever called them before and are they helpful if and when they pick an applicant's call.

Thanks.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help @sheraz7.

I shall contact them as soon as possible and will also post progress of application on here.

Hopefully all goes well :)

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't mean to bug anyone but can people share their experiences with calling the Home Office regarding their application. Although in my case, I want to call them and clarify that they are processing my application as an EEA4, rather than an EEA2.
It states in my CoA that I am not to call regarding the progress of my application and I know lawyers mostly write letters to them instead. I would like to know if there have been stories of people calling and the home office officers were helpful.

isabelilla
Newly Registered

Post by isabelilla » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:06 pm

If I was you, I'd call them immediately.
Good luck.

isabelilla
Newly Registered

Post by isabelilla » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

try 01516725626 option 1 and then 2