ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) payment details section

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anglophile
Newly Registered

FLR(M) payment details section

Post by anglophile » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Hello!

I have booked and paid for a PEO appointment for FLR(M). The application fee has already been taken from my debit card. The FLR(M) form has a payment details section which requests certain information about my debit card. Since I've already paid for the appointment, do I still have to complete this section? I don't want to be charged twice just because I provided all of my details in the form in addition to paying online. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 pm

No you don't need to include payment details, take your world pay receipt.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anglophile
Newly Registered

Post by anglophile » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you, Amber!

jackals13
Newly Registered

Post by jackals13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:32 am

Has anyone confirmed this with a success story? Haven't found one and the search function on the forum is not being very helpful.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:01 am

The new rule only started on August 18th, but I would be very surprised if this wasn't the case.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

anglophile wrote:Hi!

I'm about to switch from tier 4 general to flr(m) and I'd like some advise re: the whole process.

I've booked an appointment at my local PEO for the 27th. My British partner will be coming with me. We've been in a genuine relationship for almost 3 years and have lived together for more than 2 years. We have proof of our subsisting relationship, our marriage certificate, proof of my partner's income from employment (over 70k), etc.

My main concern is that the flr(m) form has some questions that I think are extremely vague. I believe those questions were designed to leave room for the UKBA to refuse a visa even in cases when all of the requirements are met. For instance, the form requires me to indicate the dates in which my fingerprints were taken for previous visa applications. There is no way for me to know that. The best I can do is to estimate those dates. I am concerned that they will use these little things as their reason for a refusal.

I'd really appreciate if some of the forum members could tell me about their experiences in similar processes. Is the personnel at the PEO generally perceived as helpful? Will they give you any kind of guidance if needed? Will they use those vague questions to justify a refusal even when it is obvious that the relationship is authentic? Your help and stories will be greatly appreciated!

A.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 pm

If you have cohabitation proof, evidence to support the subsisting relationship and you meet the other requirements you should be ok. The last extension should have been when you gave fingerprints.

jackals13
Newly Registered

Post by jackals13 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Just a note - just filling in a few personal details (but not the card) worked for me. They were happy with that and the payment page.

anglophile
Newly Registered

Post by anglophile » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks for your help, guys.

I was granted my FLR(M) this morning at the Glasgow PEO.

For the records, I had originally come to the UK to do my PhD, so my original visa was a tier 4 general student. I've already submitted my PhD thesis and I am currently waiting for my viva. Although the FLR(M) requirements do not specify anything about a document confirming that I have made progress in my studies -to the best of my knowledge-, a few days ago I decided to request an official letter from my uni indicating that I have submitted my thesis. This was a very good idea, as the case worker specifically requested such proof while he was going through my documents. I was really pleased to be able to say "here it is!"

So if you're a student and you're switching to FLR(M), make sure you have a letter from your uni confirming that you're progressing in the programme that you're pursuing.

A.