ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Previous visa
Student ---PSW---Tier1 General

Application sent: 06-09-2013 Friday
Payment Method :Cheque
Application Received--09 sept 2013 (Morning 0900 hours) Monday
Payment Taken from bank-13 Sept-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 14 Sept 2013 (Dated 10 Sept 2013)
Biometrics letter received:
Biometrics enrolled:

Passports+docs
Biometric Card :

Jesse22
Newly Registered

Post by Jesse22 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a number to call the home office about not receiving the biometric letter? I can't seem to find one on the website.

Thanks

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Jesse22 wrote:
lucky13 wrote:
Jesse22 wrote:Previous visa
Student 2003 - 2013
Applied using SET (LR) Form

Application sent: 01-08-2013
Payment Method :debit card
Application Received--02-08-2013
Payment Taken from bank
Acknowledgement letter: 06-08-2013
Biometrics letter received:Waiting
Biometrics enrolled:Waiting

I noticed most August applicants on this forum have received their biometric screening letter; is there a reason why they would delay this?
Hi Jesse22, I am also waiting for my biometric screening letter. If I don’t receive it by next week I will call OH.
I think I'll do that too. Please what's the number?

I am not sure, maybe 0870 606 7766.

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 pm

esmsi wrote:Previous visa
Student ---PSW---Tier1 General

Application sent: 06-09-2013 Friday
Application Received--09 sept 2013 (Morning 0900 hours) Monday
Payment Taken from bank-13 Sept-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 14 Sept 2013 (Dated 10 Sept 2013)
Biometrics letter received:
Biometrics enrolled:

Passports+docs
Biometric Card :
Updated

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Dear Guys,

This forum found me as best door for excellent advices.

Current visa valid till Jun 2016(Tier 1)
My First visa granted on 18/09/03 and entry clearance on 06/10/03. I m eligible to apply from 20/08/13(28 days before visa grant) and I will be ready to apply LR in later this month Inshallah.

Unfortunately my partner complained on 01/09/13 and I'm on assault allegation and court charge on 24/09/13 (1 week time). Im hoping to get this case withdrawal or defending for a last moment.
If the court proves my allegation and get caution or fine.

1)Do I have option to apply with period from 25/08/03 to 25/08/13 with clean records. Instead of waiting for 24 months to clear record.

2)If had to go to India to sort out family issues for long time can I apply LR from India? I got LIUK test and everything is ready to go.

Please guys please help... I m in deep trouble.
:( :( :(

988trader
Newly Registered

RE

Post by 988trader » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:48 pm

rmkirfan wrote:Dear Guys,

My First visa granted on 18/09/03 and entry clearance on 06/10/03. I m eligible to apply from 20/08/13(28 days before visa grant) and I will be ready to apply LR in later this month Inshallah.

Unfortunately my partner complained on 01/09/13 and I'm on assault allegation and court charge on 24/09/13 (1 week time). Im hoping to get this case withdrawal or defending for a last moment.

1)Do I have option to apply with period from 25/08/03 to 25/08/13 with clean records. Instead of waiting for 24 months to clear record.

2)If had to go to India to sort out family issues for long time can I apply LR from India? I got LIUK test and everything is ready to go.

===============================================
For a start you can not apply 28 days from the date visa was granted.. it is 28 days from entry clearance.. In regards to your court case personally it would be wise to be honest; best u seek professional help in this regards.

988trader
Newly Registered

RE

Post by 988trader » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:50 pm

For a start you can not apply 28 days from the date visa was granted.. it is 28 days from entry clearance.. In regards to your court case personally it would be wise to be honest; best u seek professional help in this regards.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: RE

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:25 pm

988trader wrote:

Many Thanks for your response.

I believe can apply 28 days before visa grant. Ref to below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

Trying to find more options.

Please suggest, Do I have option of applying LR in particular period?

Many thanks,
Irfan.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks everybody for your help. I will update when I after the application.
Meanwhile congratulations to everybody who has got their ILR.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Re: RE

Post by MrA2Z » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:33 am

rmkirfan wrote:
988trader wrote:

Many Thanks for your response.

I believe can apply 28 days before visa grant. Ref to below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

Trying to find more options.

Please suggest, Do I have option of applying LR in particular period?

Many thanks,
Irfan.
It says 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. The qualifying period starts from the day when you first entered into the UK.
For other matter it is better to consult a solicitor.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Re: ILR is under process

Post by MrA2Z » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 am

amjadleeds wrote:
lucky13 wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:Hi congratulation please need your prayers waiting from October 2012 regards

Hi amjadleeds, I feel very sorry for you. you are waiting almost one year.
Can you please share with us if you contacted MP and HO?
What can be done in this situation?
Hi I approached mp two weeks ago and waiting for reply from home office. Cant do anything except dreams every day might be come tomorrow. Just need guys your prayers for me, regards Amjad
Hi Amjad, don't worry everything will be fine InshAllah.
My friend applied for ILR after 5 years of HSMP. He applied in November 2012 and received it last week whereas some other people got it in 6 months. His case was straight forward but they took so long.

cherrypy
Newly Registered

Update

Post by cherrypy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:32 am

Previous visa
Student ---PSW

Application sent: 17-08-2013
Application Received--20-08-2013
Payment Taken from bank-23-08-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 21-08-2013
Biometrics letter received:14-09-2013
Biometrics enrolled:16-09-2013

can someone pls update skydrive?

lucky13

Re: Update

Post by lucky13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 am

cherrypy wrote:Previous visa
Student ---PSW

Application sent: 17-08-2013
Application Received--20-08-2013
Payment Taken from bank-23-08-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 21-08-2013
Biometrics letter received:14-09-2013
Biometrics enrolled:16-09-2013

can someone pls update skydrive?
Updated

Soban

Urgent

Post by Soban » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Guys please help me

I came to the uk on 2nd september 2003. my previous visa was a PSW which expired on 23rd june 2013.Before the expiration of the visa I applied for FLRO to bridge the gap between PSW and completion of 10 years legal residency.

I applied FLRO on 21st June 2013. Did my biometric and everything. Then on 8th of August, which is 28 days more or less before my 10 years completion I submitted an ILR application.

Since then I have done my biometrics again. Now the trouble is today I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.

How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks
--

Shahkakaram

Re: Urgent

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Soban wrote:Guys please help me

I came to the uk on 2nd september 2003. my previous visa was a PSW which expired on 23rd june 2013.Before the expiration of the visa I applied for FLRO to bridge the gap between PSW and completion of 10 years legal residency.

I applied FLRO on 21st June 2013. Did my biometric and everything. Then on 8th of August, which is 28 days more or less before my 10 years completion I submitted an ILR application.

Since then I have done my biometrics again. Now the trouble is today I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.

How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks

Dear Soban ,

I am not lawyer or have any knowledge about legal matters , however i can tell you now that you are in Safe Zone So no need to worry about any thing , here i think your lawyer should have to apply for the CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES form on 8th August 2013 When you were applying for ILR , I think there is process to deal with the change of circumstances application which i am not cent percent sure but yes your lawyer should know this ....

KEEP YOUR TRUST IN GOD , you will be alright ....as you completed your 10 years legally here with no gaps or with only valid gaps with no criminal records and all ....then don't need to worry about any thing ....just make sure that don't murder your lawyer for not submitting your change of circumstances form on 8th AUG 2013 ..javascript:emoticon(':P') lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

:P :P :P
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soban

Post by Soban » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:

Thanks

Dear Soban ,

First of all very much sorry to hear this that you have recieved today an invalid application sent to you actually on 31st July 2013 .....

I am not a lawyer and not able to advise you any thing authentically however , i think you are still in safe position ! because you recieved an application out come as invalid Today i.e 16th Sep 2013 , so you or you lawyer should have to mention this to the in the reply to HO ,

as you said that you arrived in UK ON 2nd Sep 2013 then you must have to file an application of ILR on or after 5th August 2013 under "change of cirumstances " where you circumstances are changed on 5th August 2013 , as you completed your 10 years legally in this country , there is a long debate of that you could not apply 28 days before as you had no valid visa at that time ... read this link ...https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _eligibili

and i have confirm this one of the barristar as well that yes can apply 28 days before what ever visa u r on ! here in your case your FLRO application was with HO so it should be okay that you could apply for ILR on 5th Aug 2013 .

as far as your invalid application case is concern your lawyer can fight against the postal delay with the signature document proof with the courier services through which your invalid application arrived to you today ....

I THINK YOU ARE IN SAFE ZONE ! The only problem can occur to your application where you have to show the gap of 31st JULY 2013 and 5th AUG 2013 ....Which was not your fault as your application arrived so late !

ALL the above advise or suggestion are totally according to my understanding ,meet your lawyer and please update your application process here so we all can benefited !
Thanks for your reply Shahkakaram. I don't know what to do honestly. I appreciate your advice. I'll meet up with the solicitor tomorrow and find out more. According to ukba you cant have absences or gaps in residency of more than 28 days. They have dated the letter 31st of July and applied for ILR on the 7th of August as I still hadn't received this letter. Hope
It doesn't have an adverse impact on the ILR application as I made
It with the knowledge that my previous application was still valid
--

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Soban wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

Thanks

Dear Soban ,

First of all very much sorry to hear this that you have recieved today an invalid application sent to you actually on 31st July 2013 .....

I am not a lawyer and not able to advise you any thing authentically however , i think you are still in safe position ! because you recieved an application out come as invalid Today i.e 16th Sep 2013 , so you or you lawyer should have to mention this to the in the reply to HO ,

as you said that you arrived in UK ON 2nd Sep 2013 then you must have to file an application of ILR on or after 5th August 2013 under "change of cirumstances " where you circumstances are changed on 5th August 2013 , as you completed your 10 years legally in this country , there is a long debate of that you could not apply 28 days before as you had no valid visa at that time ... read this link ...https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _eligibili

and i have confirm this one of the barristar as well that yes can apply 28 days before what ever visa u r on ! here in your case your FLRO application was with HO so it should be okay that you could apply for ILR on 5th Aug 2013 .

as far as your invalid application case is concern your lawyer can fight against the postal delay with the signature document proof with the courier services through which your invalid application arrived to you today ....

I THINK YOU ARE IN SAFE ZONE ! The only problem can occur to your application where you have to show the gap of 31st JULY 2013 and 5th AUG 2013 ....Which was not your fault as your application arrived so late !

ALL the above advise or suggestion are totally according to my understanding ,meet your lawyer and please update your application process here so we all can benefited !
Thanks for your reply Shahkakaram. I don't know what to do honestly. I appreciate your advice. I'll meet up with the solicitor tomorrow and find out more. According to ukba you cant have absences or gaps in residency of more than 28 days. They have dated the letter 31st of July and applied for ILR on the 7th of August as I still hadn't received this letter. Hope

Dear Soban ,

I am sorry i missed some part of your first post ! in which i didn't read that you already applied for ILR before 28th August 2013 .....so ignore my above reply and no need to worry ....you are in safe zone !!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Bro you can only apply for ILR inside the UK
so try not to heat up your family issues whilst your ILR application in progress. Once you got your ILR then go to India to settle down your family issues, in the mean time just try to settle down your issues otherwise it will create potential detrimental effect on your ILR case.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 am

Soban wrote:
I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.
There can be certain reasons for invalid application like problem with payment, wrong form, photographs or incomplete information etc. What went wrong in yours FLR (O) application?
Soban wrote: How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks
Well, when you made an in-time application you were under the umbrella of 3C leave, however mind it this in-time application got to be valid as well otherwise an invalid application don't trigger 3C leave which makes a person over-stayer.

Hopefully there will be some way around this and some experience person can help you out on that.

Do give us update especially the reason of invalid.
N/A

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
Soban wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

Thanks

Dear Soban ,

Dear Soban ,

I am sorry i missed some part of your first post ! in which i didn't read that you already applied for ILR before 28th August 2013 .....so ignore my above reply and no need to worry ....you are in safe zone !![/

soban,
dont worry ,InshAllah every thing will b fine ..find out the reason for invalid application...and wait till the outcome of this ILR application.in my opinion there will b no problem as these are mitigating circumstances .(i m not an expert)..

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
Soban wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

Thanks

Dear Soban ,

Dear Soban ,

I am sorry i missed some part of your first post ! in which i didn't read that you already applied for ILR before 28th August 2013 .....so ignore my above reply and no need to worry ....you are in safe zone !![/

soban,
dont worry ,InshAllah every thing will b fine ..find out the reason for invalid application...and wait till the outcome of this ILR application.in my opinion there will b no problem as these are mitigating circumstances .(i m not an expert)..

sumbal
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sumbal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 am

hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
My Solicitor is saying to withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR. but ...the questions are;-
1:- To withdraw appeal and then send a fresh application
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
3:-Whats the procedure to withdraw the appeal and how long it takes.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS REGARDS.

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Soban wrote:
I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.
There can be certain reasons for invalid application like problem with payment, wrong form, photographs or incomplete information etc. What went wrong in yours FLR (O) application?
Soban wrote: How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks
Well, when you made an in-time application you were under the umbrella of 3C leave, however mind it this in-time application got to be valid as well otherwise an invalid application don't trigger 3C leave which makes a person over-stayer.

Hopefully there will be some way around this and some experience person can help you out on that.

Do give us update especially the reason of invalid.
The reason for invalidity is use of Incorrect version of the form. I find this hard to believe as I'm adamant I used the correct form
--

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Soban sorry to hear that you have got problem with your FLRO application hopefully you will be OK
there are couple oF thing as the home office say you used wrong type of application form if they are right then your first application was invalid and your second application for ilr is based on first application you can only vary an application if there is an application outstanding but i think in your case your variation application should be treated as valid because you varied it before home office declared your flro application invalid in this case evidence of posting and receiving is very important hopefully every thing will be fine for you,and second thing if you used correct version of application form then its home office mistake to declare your first application invalid in this case your solicitor will write them and they will accept flro application as valid up date us plz outcome of meeting with your solicitor
ASJID

goodies901

ILR received

Post by goodies901 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 am

After 22 weeks wait, My passport and iLR letter was delivered this morning.
I've updated my Skydrive and Timeline is as below:

Application sent: 17/04/2013
Payment Method: Debit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 20/04/2013
Biometrics letter received:14/05/2013
Biometrics enrolled:14/05/2013 (at local Post Office)
Approved Date (On Letter): 16/09/13
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 17/09/13
Biometric Card Received: Awaiting the card from DX.

I sent only Passports (x2), Life in the UK Test Result & my Tier 1 Biometric Card. I did add a simple covering letter (1 page detailing the number of times I've spent out of country).
No solicitor used nor photocopies sent.

I pray for more good news this week and the coming weeks for all of you waiting.
Stay Blessed.