ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@sdp, verbina, crystal newbie, your goodnews will come soon . the funny thing is it comes when you guyz are not even thinking about it.... it is well your patience will eventually pay off...
@verbina pls let us know how you get on at d reporting centre.. xxx
Awwwwh thank you love ! Yep, just been to report nothing interesting :( due back in 2 weeks xxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 pm

kiss300 wrote:Really need help. Has any one applied under the parent of a British child? The 60 month route? If there is can the person give me the break down as to the what one has to go through.

help
Urrrm yeah, quite a few of us applied this way hun.
But what would you like to know?

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I have just joined this forum although I have been an ardent visitor. I will like to say welldone to you all for the love, care and friendliness that exist in this forum. Please do keep it up as we wait for God's Intervention in our personal situations.
GOD IS ABLE

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

I have just joined this forum although I have been an ardent visitor. I will like to say welldone to you all for the love, care and friendliness that exist in this forum. Please do keep it up as we wait for God's Intervention in our personal situations.
GOD IS ABLE

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:13 pm

@SDP..Verbina..Crystalnewbie..it is well..September is the month of favour for u all!.. keep hope alive!
pt

justiceforme
Newly Registered

Post by justiceforme » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi,

@kiss300...I have also applied under the same basis, that my son is british, and i got separated from my husband due to domestic violence...I would also be happy to know more details about it...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:29 pm

ada4msd wrote:I have just joined this forum although I have been an ardent visitor. I will like to say welldone to you all for the love, care and friendliness that exist in this forum. Please do keep it up as we wait for God's Intervention in our personal situations.
Welcome to the forum darling!

@poketoholo yep thank you hun

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:13 pm

hi i need a bit of help does anyone on here have a good reconsideration letter template

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm

ali90 wrote:hi i need a bit of help does anyone on here have a good reconsideration letter template
@ali90, scroll back to page 284 there is a template that has enough material to draft either a fresh support letter or reconsideration letter.
It is well!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm

ada4msd wrote:I have just joined this forum although I have been an ardent visitor. I will like to say welldone to you all for the love, care and friendliness that exist in this forum. Please do keep it up as we wait for God's Intervention in our personal situations.
Ada, welcome to our little comfort zone where we try to sought solace in each other, i will let people like yummymummy, verbina etc... do the warm welcome rites :)

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Good afternoon forum. my solicitor sent reconsideration 10 days ago. How do we know home office got this reconsideration letter? Do anyone have a idea? Did home office reply something after they got reconsideration letter?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Guys afternoon.

Not to dampen anyone's hopes here but the home office stance on reconsideration letters changed as of 13 November 2012, they are now not legally obliged to respond to them. However, you could ask your MP to submit one as a formal enquiry through the parliamentary unit channel in the Home Office, your MP will have the email address and physical address too. The HO HAVE to respond to your MP but sadly the response will be exactly what I have just said. I have proof. I have been saying this for a while now. So please do not waste your money paying for reconsideration letters issued by your solicitors unless in the form of a PAP of course. No harm in doing one yourself though but don't hope for a response. My sincere apologies, if I sound negative and discouraging but that's the harsh reality.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 pm

@adam4sd...welcome to the forum ...GOD BLESS U DEAR

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm

@believe2013 what action home office do after that? removal notice, I told the enforcement team we doing further submission, not going home.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good afternoon forum. my solicitor sent reconsideration 10 days ago. How do we know home office got this reconsideration letter? Do anyone have a idea? Did home office reply something after they got reconsideration letter?
shondra HO is suppose to acknowledge the reconsideration letter!!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 pm

@summer2013 how are you? any news for your PAP
did you got a acknowledgement for PAP

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@believe2013 what action home office do after that? removal notice, I told the enforcement team we doing further submission, not going home.
Sorry I didn't quite understand, after what?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:22 pm

@believe2013 I didn't do PAP or JR only send reconsideration letter, what action home office take to me?

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@summer2013 how are you? any news for your PAP
did you got a acknowledgement for PAP
we have to wait 14 days for HO to reply but the may not reply so we need to apply to go to court
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@believe2013 I didn't do PAP or JR only send reconsideration letter, what action home office take to me?
I would advise you take a little more care when reading the posts on here if you are relying on this forum solely for help. Well, you will be issued with a removal notice but after how long we don't know.

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:09 pm

[quote]
Hello every1, congrats to all those who have received good news and more strength to those who haven't and those who are still waiting. So i need your help on my next course of action, got a refusal letter today. HO says despite the fact that I'm married to a British citizen & been in the UK for 11 yrs, they don't believe I have no ties to my home country & my wife and I can continue our r/ship over there, even though all her family is here. We have no kids so couldn't use that route. They also said since I'm an overstayer, @ the time of marriage, all parties were aware that right to live here wasn't guaranteed. They said while they accept the marriage is genuine and subsisting, I haven't produced any evidence of insurmountable obstacles to continuing family life outside of the UK. Then all the usual stuff about no right to appeal and enforcement team etc. So I need to know what I can do. My solicitor says we should send a "letter of action", which would take 3 months for them to reply, to buy time bcos new minor changes are coming through in October and we may be able to do something depending on what those changes are. She also says I shouldn't contact the enforcement team. So what do u guys think? What constitutes "insurmountable obstacles"? Has any1 tried this letter of action option before? And what do I do about the enforcement team?

Applied Flro aug 2012
Biometrics in feb 2013
Decision sept 2013

Many thanks
[/quote]

Hi guys, I'm quoting my earlier post just to give some background cos I need some info before I see my solicitor tomorrow. So I've been doing some research on article 8 & family life rules and it looks like my best chance is for HO to overturn their decision if I can provide evidence that its unreasonable for them to expect my wife to return to home country. She left there at 8yrs and hasn't been back there and has no family there either. We have a couple of angles to argue, I suspect they will fall under what HO refer to as hardships and not exceptional circumstances but its worth a try. Here are my questions
(1) does any1 have experience with HO overturning the decision if provided with evidence of unreasonableness

(2) if I decide to go to home country, can I re-apply to come back immediately

(3) my solicitor advises against reporting to enforcement team but I need to know the pros and cons of doing so

Many thanks

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm

[quote="mj8"][quote]
Hello every1, congrats to all those who have received good news and more strength to those who haven't and those who are still waiting. So i need your help on my next course of action, got a refusal letter today. HO says despite the fact that I'm married to a British citizen & been in the UK for 11 yrs, they don't believe I have no ties to my home country & my wife and I can continue our r/ship over there, even though all her family is here. We have no kids so couldn't use that route. They also said since I'm an overstayer, @ the time of marriage, all parties were aware that right to live here wasn't guaranteed. They said while they accept the marriage is genuine and subsisting, I haven't produced any evidence of insurmountable obstacles to continuing family life outside of the UK. Then all the usual stuff about no right to appeal and enforcement team etc. So I need to know what I can do. My solicitor says we should send a "letter of action", which would take 3 months for them to reply, to buy time bcos new minor changes are coming through in October and we may be able to do something depending on what those changes are. She also says I shouldn't contact the enforcement team. So what do u guys think? What constitutes "insurmountable obstacles"? Has any1 tried this letter of action option before? And what do I do about the enforcement team?

Applied Flro aug 2012
Biometrics in feb 2013
Decision sept 2013

Many thanks[/quote]

Hi guys, I'm quoting my earlier post just to give some background cos I need some info before I see my solicitor tomorrow. So I've been doing some research on article 8 & family life rules and it looks like my best chance is for HO to overturn their decision if I can provide evidence that its unreasonable for them to expect my wife to return to home country. She left there at 8yrs and hasn't been back there and has no family there either. We have a couple of angles to argue, I suspect they will fall under what HO refer to as hardships and not exceptional circumstances but its worth a try. Here are my questions
(1) does any1 have experience with HO overturning the decision if provided with evidence of unreasonableness

(2) if I decide to go to home country, can I re-apply to come back immediately

(3) my solicitor advises against reporting to enforcement team but I need to know the pros and cons of doing so

Many thanks

Muffin007
Nigeria

Re: Flr(o)

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Muffin007 wrote:Hello all

I have been following this forum for a while and need your help on an outstanding application .
I came here as a student in jan 2007 and carried on with my psw which expired august 2013.
I just gave birth to a British baby though I and the father are not together but due to the timing I had to send in my application without her British passport because it would be too late.I just sent it in last week Friday after just getting it,

I applied through a lawyer who claims he's very good at this kind of application but still worried.I applied on AUGUST 5 got my biometrics aug 20 but just did it on the 2nd of September ..

Any advice anyone pls?????

I was told to put a letter from my mum who has ILR that I'm staying with her and I'm depending on her also to take care of the baby with me as I do not have support from the father and was also told to send pictures of three of us

Just want to pls find out success rate of this kind of application ?

And also the father of the baby wants to claim the benefits for her in his name but my account would be the beneficiary and I also want to claim council house but I'm not sure if this would affect my outstanding application?

NB BABY. Was born July 21

Thank u

Any advice pls?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Flr(o)

Post by GodGives » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Muffin007 wrote:
Muffin007 wrote:Hello all

I have been following this forum for a while and need your help on an outstanding application .
I came here as a student in jan 2007 and carried on with my psw which expired august 2013.
I just gave birth to a British baby though I and the father are not together but due to the timing I had to send in my application without her British passport because it would be too late.I just sent it in last week Friday after just getting it,

I applied through a lawyer who claims he's very good at this kind of application but still worried.I applied on AUGUST 5 got my biometrics aug 20 but just did it on the 2nd of September ..

Any advice anyone pls?????

I was told to put a letter from my mum who has ILR that I'm staying with her and I'm depending on her also to take care of the baby with me as I do not have support from the father and was also told to send pictures of three of us

Just want to pls find out success rate of this kind of application ?

And also the father of the baby wants to claim the benefits for her in his name but my account would be the beneficiary and I also want to claim council house but I'm not sure if this would affect my outstanding application?

NB BABY. Was born July 21

Thank u

Any advice pls?
You have nothing to worry about muffin. Your application was put before yr visa expired. Also Ur mum and baby have leave to remain in d UK. U should hear from them within 6months. U will he granted. 2013 applicantions tend to be looked at quicker. All d best
Godgives

Summer312
Newly Registered

Flr (o) refusal

Post by Summer312 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello All

I have been a quiet follower o the forum for months and want to share my story and ask for advice.
My husband applied for an FLR (o) on the 28 Sept 2012 and did his bio on February this year. Our lawyer called called us today to tell us that after waiting a whole year. His application has been refused with no right to appeal and the reasons are

A) we do not have a child
B) we can relocate to Ghana

My husband and I want to start a family but I am unable to give birth at the moment due to medical issues. And for the UKBA to ask me us to pack up an leave to life we have built here is unreasonable.

Is there anything we can do from here on? He has not been given a deportation notice. Any advice would help. Thanks.