ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension and Cooling of Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khansameer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension and Cooling of Query

Post by khansameer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi Gurus,

A quick query on my extension of Tier 2 ICT.

I was issued a visa in Tier 2 Established Staff Category for 3 years in Aug 2010.

I recently extended/switched my visa under Tier 2 ICT Long term which got extended for next 3 years.

I know that i am not eligible for ILR unless i change sponser. My query is as follows

1. Do i need to go back to india after 2 years as i will be in UK under Tier 2 ICT for more than 5 years?.
2. Is cooling off applicable to me?.
3. Does anybody knows the reasoning behind changing sponser for tier 2 ICT. Why UKBA does not take company loyalty into picture :D

Kind Regards,

khansameer
Newly Registered

Post by khansameer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Any answers on my queries ??

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 pm

hi Sameer
let me tell you my case first you may get some clues.
I got my Tier 2 Established Staff Category Visa for 2 years on 08Oct10. I got the 3 yr extension under Tier 2 ICT Long term for next 3 yrs. My counsellor told me that I can extend as many as times and subsequently after 10 yrs ,i will be eligible for ILR. However I will have to remain with the same employer. There is no cooling period applicable in this category.
Whats your thoughts about it? thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 extension and Cooling of Query

Post by manci » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 pm

khansameer wrote:Hi Gurus,

A quick query on my extension of Tier 2 ICT.

I was issued a visa in Tier 2 Established Staff Category for 3 years in Aug 2010.

I recently extended/switched my visa under Tier 2 ICT Long term which got extended for next 3 years.

I know that i am not eligible for ILR unless i change sponser. My query is as follows

1. Do i need to go back to india after 2 years as i will be in UK under Tier 2 ICT for more than 5 years?. no, you can extend as many times as you and your sponsor wish

2. Is cooling off applicable to me?. no

3. Does anybody knows the reasoning behind changing sponser for tier 2 ICT. Why UKBA does not take company loyalty into picture : if you had come to the UK 6 months earlier you would be eligible for ILR in 2015 - they have tightened the rules to make it more difficult for migrants to settle in the UK. .
Kind Regards,