ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joyous2013

Urgent help needed please

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 am

I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons . Please help

Joyous2013

Re: Urgent help needed please

Post by Joyous2013 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

Any thoughts guys. Please help

Emrah

Re: Urgent help needed please

Post by Emrah » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

over 18s has to apply theirself. I dont know which visa form he has to apply though.
On FLR visa form there is children under 18 section your husband must include his 14 years old son on same form he uses for hisself.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 pm

If your husband and sons are still work permit dependants (not PBS dependants), then he and sons may apply for SET(O) under 196E and 198 respectively. Separate application for elder son.

Else, it seems that your husband may include the younger son in his FLR(M) and the older son may apply for FLR(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 pm

vinny wrote:If your husband and sons are still work permit dependants (not PBS dependants), then he and sons may apply for SET(O) under 196E and 198 respectively. Separate application for elder son.

Else, it seems that your husband may include the younger son in his FLR(M) and the older son may apply for FLR(O).
Thanks Vinny for your help

vinny

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:06 am

Joyous2013 wrote:My two children now 25 and 19 got dicretionary leave to remain in 2008 after I had applied for dependents of a student visa in 2005. However the home office did not grant them any visa until 2008. By this time I was now a work permit holder so their visas will expire Sept 5 2013.

I got my ILR based on 10 yrs loIng residence on April 26 2013. Im aware they need to complete FLR O please correct me if Im wrong. My questions are

What kind of documents do they need to support their application for extention of DLR?

Could someone please help with the templates for covering letters from

A) me as a parent to support their application
B) children to support their own application

Thanks for your help
Obie wrote:They could apply for settlement under Paragraph 296, using SET(O).

There is no need for them to apply for FLR(O).

Provided of course the leave was granted to them as children of a PBS migrant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 am

Joyous2013 wrote:Good morning everyone . My son applied for an extention of his discretionary leave on 22 August 2013. His 5 year discretionary leave was due to expire on 5 Sept 2013. Got his acknowledgement letter on 28 August 2013. However no money was taken out of his bank. He contacted the bank but was told Home Office has not attempted to take money from his account. On 16Sept all his documents were returned reasons being the bank declined payment or details may not have matched. He was asked to submit a fresh application with correct fees

My son is now panicking. He does not know if he has to inform his employer and his professional body that he has been asked to submitt a new application or he has to wait until Home Office makes a decision on his application.

Your advice is really important to us .

Joyous
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks Vinny for the Links. I had read the links but still not sure if my son should inform his employer and professional bodies as he thinks he is now regarded as an overstayer. Please clarify this for me .

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 pm

If the UKBA cannot prove that his application was invalid, then he isn't an overstayer. Did he make a copy of his payment details?

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm

vinny wrote:If the UKBA cannot prove that his application was invalid, then he isn't an overstayer. Did he make a copy of his payment details?
He has a copy of the payment details. I noted the Home Office did not return his payment page. Do they keep the page or destroy it?

Joyous

Joyous2013

Visa refused, help needed please

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Dear Senior members. Could you kindly help me with my sons situation. My son now 18 was granted a work permit dependent visa on October 2011 expiring 5 Sept 2013 but came to United Kingdom on 3 Feb 2012.

Applied for his extension visa FLR O on 22 August 2013 after seeking advice from Home Office on which form and category to apply for. Received a refusal letter today with the following reasons

1. It is noted that you entered the UK as a visitor on 30 June 2011.
2 Your application has been refused due to the fact that a variation of leave to remain is being sought for a purpose not covered by these rules.

A. The date of entry is wrong as he entered on the 3 Feb 2012
B. He did not apply to vary his leave but ti extend his visa as a dependent of a person with indefinite leave to remain ( myself) and that was clearly stated in his covering letter.

The Immigration officer also highlighted that there were changes to Immigration Rules changed with effect from 11 June 2012 . My question is Do these changes affect him since he came to the UK before 11 June 2012.

Deadline appeal date 4 Oct 2013 please help with the way forward

Thanks for your help in advance.

Joyous