ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI name change (Married name added)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gg234

OCI name change (Married name added)

Post by gg234 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 am

Guys,

I have name change affidavit notarized in india.Can i submit this affidavit in london at the time of applying OCI or i have to get the new affidavit in london

Thanks

gg234

Re: OCI name change (Married name added)

Post by gg234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 am

My wife added her married name as last name in british passport so i have applied OCI for wife they don't need any affidavit to get the OCI with married name.

They only require marriage certificate.Hope this helps some one who is looking for answer.

gg234 wrote:Guys,

I have name change affidavit notarized in india.Can i submit this affidavit in london at the time of applying OCI or i have to get the new affidavit in london

Thanks

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for sharing.

So when you went for OCI, They accepted your wife's application on basis of marriage certificate ?

Had you done deed poll or notary ?

gg234

Re: Reply

Post by gg234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Yes they have accepted on the basis of marriage certificate.I also took notary certificate but they are not interested because she is just changing last name (same as married name).

I spent £50 for notary which is no use now

nehalbhagat wrote:Thanks for sharing.

So when you went for OCI, They accepted your wife's application on basis of marriage certificate ?

Had you done deed poll or notary ?