ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: ILR received

Post by asjid73 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 pm

goodies901 wrote:After 22 weeks wait, My passport and iLR letter was delivered this morning.
I've updated my Skydrive and Timeline is as below:

Application sent: 17/04/2013
Payment Method: Debit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 20/04/2013
Biometrics letter received:14/05/2013
Biometrics enrolled:14/05/2013 (at local Post Office)
Approved Date (On Letter): 16/09/13
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 17/09/13
Biometric Card Received: Awaiting the card from DX.

I sent only Passports (x2), Life in the UK Test Result & my Tier 1 Biometric Card. I did add a simple covering letter (1 page detailing the number of times I've spent out of country).
No solicitor used nor photocopies sent.

I pray for more good news this week and the coming weeks for all of you waiting.
Stay Blessed.
Hi goodies901 many many congratulation you are first one getting ilr this week and only second for the month of April, bringing some hope for us who applied in this month pray for us God bless you
ASJID

Soban

Re: Urgent

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:34 pm

asjid73 wrote:
Soban wrote:Guys please help me

I came to the uk on 2nd september 2003. my previous visa was a PSW which expired on 23rd june 2013.Before the expiration of the visa I applied for FLRO to bridge the gap between PSW and completion of 10 years legal residency.

I applied FLRO on 21st June 2013. Did my biometric and everything. Then on 8th of August, which is 28 days more or less before my 10 years completion I submitted an ILR application.

Since then I have done my biometrics again. Now the trouble is today I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.

How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks
Hi Soban sorry to hear that you have got problem with your FLRO application hopefully you will be OK
there are couple oF thing as the home office say you used wrong type of application form if they are right then your first application was invalid and your second application for ilr is based on first application you can only vary an application if there is an application outstanding but i think in your case your variation application should be treated as valid because you varied it before home office declared your flro application invalid in this case evidence of posting and receiving is very important hopefully every thing will be fine for you,and second thing if you used correct version of application form then its home office mistake to declare your first application invalid in this case your solicitor will write them and they will accept flro application as valid up date us plz outcome of meeting with your solicitor
ASJID
Hi all,

Been to the solicitor today. He's shown me the applicAtion form they have returned to him. As I suspected, it is the right FLRO form. They have also refunded the FLRO application fees to me. It just seems like a HO chicken up. They say I have used the wrong form even though I clearly haven't. My solicitor says he will write to them to point out their mistake and return my passports to Them as I have an ILR application outstanding. He would also ask them to deal with the ILR application now as I have completed my 10 years in the uk.
Hopefully things will turn around.
Best of luck to all.

Soban
--

britbanker

SET LR Payment by Cheque

Post by britbanker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker here, really pleased to finally be able to participate. This is a valuable resource for information!

I will be submitting my SET (LR) form on Thursday, would hope that my case is pretty straight forward -

5 Years Student Visa + 2 Years PSW + 3 Years Tier 2 General Visa

All applications submitted in time with no gaps and only been out of the country < 150 days over the 10 year period.

I will be paying by cheque and wanted some advice on how exactly to present it. The guidance states -
You must make the cheque or postal order payable to ‘Home Office’ and cross the cheque or postal order A/C Payee only. Please write
the full name and date of birth of the applicant on the back of the cheque and/or each postal order and keep the postal order receipt(s).
Please make sure that the date and the amount (words and figures) are correct and that the cheque is signed properly. Attach your cheque or postal order(s) to the front of the application form.
I feel silly for asking, but I was confused by what they meant by "and cross the cheque or postal order A/C Payee only"

Assume it would it be OK to simply make the cheque payable to "The Home Office" and write my DOB and name at the back?

Thanks so much in advance

Nik

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 pm

goodies901 wrote:After 22 weeks wait, My passport and iLR letter was delivered this morning.

I sent only Passports (x2), Life in the UK Test Result & my Tier 1 Biometric Card. I did add a simple covering letter (1 page detailing the number of times I've spent out of country).

I pray for more good news this week and the coming weeks for all of you waiting.
Stay Blessed.
Many congratulations goodies901 please pray for us

ppycrmt

Re: SET LR Payment by Cheque

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Why don't you use direct debit instead? Money is taken out much sooner than applying via cheques. For cheques, they will need to go to the bank and wait for the cheque to clear through, whereas direct debit, money is taken out pretty much straight away.

HO took my money out after only 3 days.
britbanker wrote:Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker here, really pleased to finally be able to participate. This is a valuable resource for information!

I will be submitting my SET (LR) form on Thursday, would hope that my case is pretty straight forward -

All applications submitted in time with no gaps and only been out of the country < 150 days over the 10 year period.

I will be paying by cheque and wanted some advice on how exactly to present it. The guidance states -
You must make the cheque or postal order payable to ‘Home Office’ and cross the cheque or postal order A/C Payee only. Please write
the full name and date of birth of the applicant on the back of the cheque and/or each postal order and keep the postal order receipt(s).
Please make sure that the date and the amount (words and figures) are correct and that the cheque is signed properly. Attach your cheque or postal order(s) to the front of the application form.
I feel silly for asking, but I was confused by what they meant by "and cross the cheque or postal order A/C Payee only"

Assume it would it be OK to simply make the cheque payable to "The Home Office" and write my DOB and name at the back?

Nik

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Nik
Hi

Yes, make the cheque payable to Home Office. Most cheques are crossed. Crossed cheques have two parallel lines going from top to bottom. You wouldn't need to do anything else. Just don't forget to state your name, nationality and DOB on the back
--

R556

Post by R556 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi all,

Been to the solicitor today. He's shown me the applicAtion form they have returned to him. As I suspected, it is the right FLRO form. They have also refunded the FLRO application fees to me. It just seems like a HO chicken up. They say I have used the wrong form even though I clearly haven't. My solicitor says he will write to them to point out their mistake and return my passports to Them as I have an ILR application outstanding. He would also ask them to deal with the ILR application now as I have completed my 10 years in the uk.
Best of luck to all.

Soban[/quote]

Did you find any clue why your solicitor received letter too late if it was posted or dated 31st of July?

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:55 pm

R556 wrote:Hi all,

Best of luck to all.

Soban
Did you find any clue why your solicitor received letter too late if it was posted or dated 31st of July?[/quote]

I have no idea. He says he received it on 11th September. Makes no sense. Wondering if the HO has dated the letter incorrectly. I will submit a Subject Access Request soon anyways to get more info.
--

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Why don't you use direct debit instead? Money is taken out much sooner than applying via cheques. For cheques, they will need to go to the bank and wait for the cheque to clear through, whereas direct debit, money is taken out pretty much straight away.

Long time lurker here, really pleased to finally be able to participate. This
Hi mate, thank you for your response!

I was a little weary of there being any issues with my credit card provider, due to any potential anti fraud measures that might stop the full payment being taken.

I know we can inform the bank beforehand so that they allow the payment, but really don't want to rely on anyone else. Just to be safe I thought I'd send a cheque instead and keep it simple.

I am not usually this paranoid, but 10 years in the UK immigration system does that to you, I've prepaid myself for a 6 - 8 month wait mentally, and would prefer to avoid any complications if I can!

I hope this makes sense :)

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Soban wrote:

Nik
Hi

Yes, make the cheque payable to Home Office. Most cheques are crossed. Crossed cheques have two parallel lines going from top to bottom. You wouldn't need to do anything else. Just don't forget to state your name, nationality and DOB on the back
Cheers Soban,

This is very helpful :)

I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

I'll submit the cheque accordingly and then hope for the best :)

Thanks
Nik

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:16 pm

britbanker wrote:
Soban wrote:

Nik
Hi

Cheers Soban,

This is very helpful :)

I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

I'll submit the cheque accordingly and then hope for the best :)

Thanks
Nik
No problem Nik. Best of luck. Keep us posted
--

R556

Post by R556 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Soban wrote:

Best of luck to all.

Soban
Did you find any clue why your solicitor received letter too late if it was posted or dated 31st of July?
I have no idea. He says he received it on 11th September. Makes no sense. Wondering if the HO has dated the letter incorrectly. I will submit a Subject Access Request soon anyways to get more info.[/quote]

Hi Soban,
It seems your solicitor either forgot to tell you or misplaced the letter (documents) and now he found so he called you. I had similar situation my solicitor informed me about biometric invitation letter after 2 weeks of receiving because of misplacing. If it was really posted on 31st of July your 28 days clock was started from 1st of August. You varied your application on 8th August. If you paid full money with ILR application and they treated your application as a fresh then everything is fine but if you paid only the difference then more likely your variation will also be invalid because it is linked with the FLRO application. I’ll advise you to check the status of your ILR application by calling ukba. Your solicitor sending back the FLRO application I hope your matter will be resolved as you mentioned it is home office mistake.

Regards

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm

R556 wrote:
Soban wrote:

Best of luck to all.

Soban
I have no idea. He says he received it on 11th September. Makes no sense. Wondering if the HO has dated the letter incorrectly. I will submit a Subject Access Request soon anyways to get more info.
Hi Soban,
It seems your solicitor either forgot to tell you or misplaced the letter (documents) and now he found so he called you. I had similar situation my solicitor informed me about biometric invitation letter after 2 weeks of receiving because of misplacing. If it was really posted on 31st of July your 28 days clock was started from 1st of August. You varied your application on 8th August. If you paid full money with ILR application and they treated your application as a fresh then everything is fine but if you paid only the difference then more likely your variation will also be invalid because it is linked with the FLRO application. I’ll advise you to check the status of your ILR application by calling ukba. Your solicitor sending back the FLRO application I hope your matter will be resolved as you mentioned it is home office mistake.

Regards[/quote]

Hi

Thanks for your advice. I paid the whole fee of £1051 for the ILR application. But my solicitor did draft a cover letter explaining to the HO that we wish to vary, what we thought was a pending, FLRO Application.

What number should I call HO on? Also, as it's only been 6 weeks since I submitted my ILR application, will they able to advise me of the status of it?

Regards
Soban
--

R556

Post by R556 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Soban wrote:
R556 wrote:
Soban wrote:

Best of luck to all.

Soban
Hi Soban,

Regards
Hi

Thanks for your advice. I paid the whole fee of £1051 for the ILR application. But my solicitor did draft a cover letter explaining to the HO that we wish to vary, what we thought was a pending, FLRO Application.

What number should I call HO on? Also, as it's only been 6 weeks since I submitted my ILR application, will they able to advise me of the status of it?

Regards
Soban[/quote]

If you make special request and tell them your story I hope they will help you. In any case no harm in checking your luck. Number is same (08706067766) click first on option 2 or 3 to check the progress of outstanding application.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

I do understand. I have been here for 13 years now, only applied last month because UKBA lost my first 2 years record and didn't want to risk the whole application.

The choice is ultimately yours. I have informed my bank beforehand that £1051 will leave my bank account, and they said as long as the account has sufficient fund, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, it will only speed the whole process up by a couple of days, it shouldn't affect your application drastically.
britbanker wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:Why don't you use direct debit instead? Money is taken out much sooner than applying via cheques. For cheques, they will need to go to the bank and wait for the cheque to clear through, whereas direct debit, money is taken out pretty much straight away.

Long time lurker here, really pleased to finally be able to participate. This
Hi mate, thank you for your response!

I was a little weary of there being any issues with my credit card provider, due to any potential anti fraud measures that might stop the full payment being taken.

I know we can inform the bank beforehand so that they allow the payment, but really don't want to rely on anyone else. Just to be safe I thought I'd send a cheque instead and keep it simple.

I am not usually this paranoid, but 10 years in the UK immigration system does that to you, I've prepaid myself for a 6 - 8 month wait mentally, and would prefer to avoid any complications if I can!

I hope this makes sense :)

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Stay Blessed.
Congratulations goodies901 !

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Benito wrote:

Stay Blessed.
Congratulations goodies901 !
. Congratulations friend. Pls pray for us aswell. Enjoy your freedom.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:Dear Guys,

This forum found me as best door for excellent advices.

Current visa valid till Jun 2016(Tier 1)
My First visa granted on 18/09/03 and entry clearance on 06/10/03. I m eligible to apply from 20/08/13(28 days before visa grant) and I will be ready to apply LR in later this month Inshallah.

Unfortunately my partner complained on 01/09/13 and I'm on assault allegation and court charge on 24/09/13 (1 week time). Im hoping to get this case withdrawal or defending for a last moment.
If the court proves my allegation and get caution or fine.

1)Do I have option to apply with period from 25/08/03 to 25/08/13 with clean records. Instead of waiting for 24 months to clear record.

2)If had to go to India to sort out family issues for long time can I apply LR from India? I got LIUK test and everything is ready to go.

Please guys please help... I m in deep trouble.
:( :( :(
Bro you can only apply for ILR inside the UK
so try not to heat up your family issues whilst your ILR application in progress. Once you got your ILR then go to India to settle down your family issues, in the mean time just try to settle down your issues otherwise it will create potential detrimental effect on your ILR case.
Cheers bro.. Your support much appreciated..I will wait inshallah..

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 pm

I came to the uk on 2nd september 2003. my previous visa was a PSW which expired on 23rd june 2013.Before the expiration of the visa I applied for FLRO to bridge the gap between PSW and completion of 10 years legal residency.

I applied FLRO on 21st June 2013. Did my biometric and everything. Then on 8th of August, which is 28 days more or less before my 10 years completion I submitted an ILR application.

Since then I have done my biometrics again. Now the trouble is today I received a call from my solicitor advising me that my FLRO application has been returned as invalid. The strange thing is that the the letter is dated 31st of July.

How will this impact my ILR application. Can someone please offer any advise. I will be meeting my solicitor soon but if any one can offer me anything ill be really grateful thanks

Soban wrote: Hi all,

Best of luck to all.

Soban
Did you apply on FLR (O) version April 2013? If so then yours CW must be retarded or UKBA pulling your legs to restrict you obtaining ILR

In my understanding since they have refunded your FLR (O) fee your ILR application will be consider as new out of time application which unfortunately out of time more than 28 days. I think on the time of ILR application you should have paid only the varied fees for your SET (LR) application rather than full fees so that it would have considered as varied application not a new one.

FLR (O) 21st June 2013
Visa expired 23rd June 2013

31st July you got your FLR (O) return
On 8th August 2013 you applied ILR

You need to ask your solicitor or either clarify through this forum; between 21st June 2013 – 8th August 2013 were you under the protection of 3C leave or not? If you were then you have nothing to worry about.

Plus this doesn’t not sound right that your solicitor informed you on 16th September although the posting date was 31st July. I think rather than solicitor you should have applied on your own, cos something seems not right here.

However keep your moral high as hopefully at the end you will get ILR, though its might gona be lengthy process but ultimately UKBA don’t drag these types of cases long as the passage of time you will have lots of basis to fight on.
N/A

xincognito
Newly Registered

SAR File

Post by xincognito » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to apply for ILR in Dec this year, there are couple of gaps in the visa stamp, a year and a year and half, both times I applied in time but home-office took much time to approve my application, never been refused though.

Is it necessary, under the circumstances, that I get SAR file from home-office and then apply for ILR or is it alright if I do so without SAR? I have got all the home office letters except for the first gap, I couldn't find that letter.

On the SAR under section 6 would you know which is the right option for me to select:
------------------>
Section 6 – Details of the data required
Please tick the box next to the data type that you require. You may tick more than one box.
Specific data/records only. Please explain in the Further Details box
Specific dates only. Please state
Types of records required (you may tick more than one box):
 Electronic records (computer database).  Visa application records……………………
 Home Office case files…………………..  Detention records held by UKBA …..……..
 Port files…………………………………..  Detention records held by contractor……..
 Landing cards……………………………  Removal escort records held by UKBA
 Work Permits UK records………………  Removal escort records held by contractor
<-------------------------

And finally, if its good idea to use a solicitor or should I send the application myself, since my case is pretty straight forward.

Any suggestions please?

much obliged!
cheers

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Stay Blessed.

Congratulations goodies901...

john100v
Newly Registered

Post by john100v » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Waiting for more than 26 weeks...

Anas13 27 weeks
dreamingsong 28 weeks
star123 31 weeks
nikcu0 34 weeks
Rensal 40 weeks
Akki 44 weeks
hemnani 45 weeks
pokhreligautam 46 weeks
Uzo 47 weeks
amjadleeds 47 weeks

Please share your experiences and actions you are doing to fasten the process after your 6 months wait.

R556

Post by R556 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:02 am

Tier 4 wrote:

Soban wrote: Hi all,

Best of luck to all.

Soban
Did you apply on FLR (O) version April 2013? If so then yours CW must be retarded or UKBA pulling your legs to restrict you obtaining ILR

In my understanding since they have refunded your FLR (O) fee your ILR application will be consider as new out of time application which unfortunately out of time more than 28 days. I think on the time of ILR application you should have paid only the varied fees for your SET (LR) application rather than full fees so that it would have considered as varied application not a new one.

FLR (O) 21st June 2013
Visa expired 23rd June 2013

31st July you got your FLR (O) return
On 8th August 2013 you applied ILR

You need to ask your solicitor or either clarify through this forum; between 21st June 2013 – 8th August 2013 were you under the protection of 3C leave or not? If you were then you have nothing to worry about.

Plus this doesn’t not sound right that your solicitor informed you on 16th September although the posting date was 31st July. I think rather than solicitor you should have applied on your own, cos something seems not right here.

However keep your moral high as hopefully at the end you will get ILR, though its might gona be lengthy process but ultimately UKBA don’t drag these types of cases long as the passage of time you will have lots of basis to fight on.
Dear Tier 4,

His time from 21st of June till 31st of July is legal. From 1st August to 28 August if he made an application then it will be a valid application. On August 8 he requested to vary his previous application to ILR and luckily he paid full money which is more likely to be treated as a fresh application. So, I'm quite sure he is in secure zone. Please see the notes below taken from 10 years lawful residence guidance notes.

Out of time applications made on or after 9 July 2012
Applicants for an extension of stay or ILR must not have overstayed by more than 28 days on the date of application. The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of the:
• end of the last period of leave to enter or remain granted
• end of any extension of leave under sections 3C or 3D of the Immigration Act 1971, or
the point that a migrant is deemed to have received a written notice of invalidity, in line with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, in relation to an in-time application for further leave to remain

sumbal
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by sumbal » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:26 am

hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
My Solicitor is saying to withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR. but ...the questions are;-
1:- To withdraw appeal and then send a fresh application
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
3:-Whats the procedure to withdraw the appeal and how long it takes.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS REGARDS.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 am

john100v wrote:Waiting for more than 26 weeks...

Anas13 27 weeks
dreamingsong 28 weeks
star123 31 weeks
nikcu0 34 weeks
Rensal 40 weeks
Akki 44 weeks
hemnani 45 weeks
pokhreligautam 46 weeks
Uzo 47 weeks
amjadleeds 47 weeks

Hi I approached to mp and mp wrote to them still waiting after. I have called many times answer your application in process or not completed yet.Life is running very stress situation nearly completed 12year .Please just needs your prayers guys , regards Amjad
Please share your experiences and actions you are doing to fasten the process after your 6 months wait.