ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit - out of country for more than 13 weeks

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisall
Newly Registered

Housing benefit - out of country for more than 13 weeks

Post by faisall » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Guys

Can you please advise on this

I am claiming housing benefit since few months now. My wife and children went to Pakistan to visit family. they initially went for 3 months but a week before they were scheduled to fly back to UK, my daughter caught denghue fever its nearly 4 months now since they travelled from UK. They will hopefully be travelling back next week now

Do I need to inform the Housing benefit / child benefit people myself that they have stayed for more than 13 weeks or wait until they write to me?

Please advise

Regards

Faiz

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Why would they write to you when it's your legal responsibility to inform of a change in circumstances. They don't have a magic ball.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

faisall
Newly Registered

Post by faisall » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:47 pm

thanks