ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation question/traffic offence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darr81

Naturalisation question/traffic offence

Post by Darr81 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi,
I am new on the forum, and would like some suggestion.
I am in ireland for almost 10 years, nearly 7 years on eufam 4.
I am planning to apply for naturalisation in Appril 14, but unfortunatley i was convicted for traffic offence today, i broke a red light last year while on a bicycle, got the court summon, appered today, fined 120 and conviction.
I have been going through some post on the forum and it seems like i would have very thin or almost no chance of getting through naturalisation.
Should i be optimistic and apply for it? Or is it end of story?
Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:40 pm

I absolutely think that the Gardai take it out on foreigners. They are so quick to bring foreigners to justice. And I mean so quick!. I've seen Gards themselves broke the traffic light by bike. This is really appaling and I always call a spade a spade!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation question/traffic offence

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Darr81 wrote:Hi,
I am new on the forum, and would like some suggestion.
I am in ireland for almost 10 years, nearly 7 years on eufam 4.
I am planning to apply for naturalisation in Appril 14, but unfortunatley i was convicted for traffic offence today, i broke a red light last year while on a bicycle, got the court summon, appered today, fined 120 and conviction.
I have been going through some post on the forum and it seems like i would have very thin or almost no chance of getting through naturalisation.
Should i be optimistic and apply for it? Or is it end of story?
Thanks
This is not the case with the current Minister. As per statistics and based on the nature of your conviction, you have 100% chances of your application being granted. Nobody since the current Minister has ever being refused for such a conviction like this.

You will however embrace the waiting peroid of of your application because it will take longer than a normal application.

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks mate for your reply,
You will however embrace the waiting peroid of of your application because it will take longer than a normal application.
Say like a year or so or more? Have you come across someone with the same
Scenario?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am

Darr81 wrote:Thanks mate for your reply,
Say like a year or so or more? Have you come across someone with the same
Scenario?
Yes it'll take up to a year or more, but then April 2014 is a bit far so I cannot precisely predict whats gonna happen at the time of your application.

Well I know someone in the past with the previous Minister has been refused citizenship over breaking a red light whilst riding a bike. I also know that the current Minister thinks its stupid and nonsensical to deny someone citizenship over such a lit thing.

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks man , cuz i have been asking ppl about my situation and all i was getting , no its game over for ye or you should wait atleast 2 yrs befor making an application.
Well all i can hope is the current minister stays in the office during my application :)

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:06 am

@IntegratedMigrant
Mate, could you help me in another matter please,
I applied for eu1 in feb 2013 after my PR application was declined on the basis of my eu spouse was not excersising her rights continiously for five yeards.i already have completed 60 months of legal residency in the state.
Right, i was given a temporary stamp 4 in april till 11th august 2013, on 13 of august i recived the letter which was issued on 9th august from department approving my eu1 application.
now am i entitled to apply in April or August?
I emailed the citizenship section and they said in april cuz the letter was issued on 9th August but cuz of the weekend post i got it in tuesday,so technically there is no gap in it
What do you say on it? Thanks mate

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Darr81 wrote:@IntegratedMigrant
Mate, could you help me in another matter please,
I applied for eu1 in feb 2013 after my PR application was declined on the basis of my eu spouse was not excersising her rights continiously for five yeards.i already have completed 60 months of legal residency in the state.
Right, i was given a temporary stamp 4 in april till 11th august 2013, on 13 of august i recived the letter which was issued on 9th august from department approving my eu1 application.
now am i entitled to apply in April or August?
I emailed the citizenship section and they said in april cuz the letter was issued on 9th August but cuz of the weekend post i got it in tuesday,so technically there is no gap in it
What do you say on it? Thanks mate
Yes it's in April, the citizenship section was right.