ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

InshaAllah
Newly Registered

Post by InshaAllah » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi everyone, my flr(o) application has been refused with no right to appeal, how dare a minimum wage crook tries to separate me from my wife and son who are both british, i have been here for 14 bloody years and all i get is this ? Anyway Alhamdoulillah, please any help in terms of next step will be appreciated, solicitor said mp contact for reconsideration or JR ? What are your thoughts guys ?

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Really sorry to hear about the refusal. That's really shocking! I pray they over turn their decision. We are still expecting a decision on my hubby's one. British wife and child.
When did you apply? Did they request for more documents?

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Tinapalak

I think I agree with your solicitor to go down JR route. I did exactly what you were about to do in August 2012. We made 3 separate FLR O applications. One each for me, my wife and our son under the seven year rule. The Home office did not mention anything regarding our son's being born and lived in the UK all his life(over seven years). They only stated we refuse your application as your parents' applications has been refused.
My wife and I had valid leave to remain at the time of our applications and have never been overstayer or contravened immigration laws. We were refused because were not single parents or parents of a child whose other parent is a british citizens. The refusals contained other usual like not been in UK for 20 years etc.
We are currently awaiting appeal.
My understanding is that the seven year rule is not just a way out for parent whose child has lived in the UK for seven years. I have seen many parents whose theirs and their children applications have been refused for so many stupid reasons.
If you go to court who knows a judge may view it differently. Although a new application may afford you time to prepare well for JR if decision is the same.

Good Luck.
tinapalak wrote:Hello friends just an update, you all know that my application was refused on fri and my solicitor said we will go to the court for judicial review but i want to make a new application because the first application i made was 28 days earlier and on that time my daughters were not complited 7 years .my solicitor told me we can made a application before 28 days earlier.now in a refusal letter they only gave me that reason .my solicitor want to go to the court because he said they made my decision on 10 Sep and on that time my daughters comlete there 7 years but i think its better if we made a new application now .my solicitor suggest me if i want to make new application then we have to make three applications one from my elder daughter who lived here 7years and 11 months and another application is from my yonger da ughter who born here and she is 7 years and two months old now and third application is from my husband and me. what u guys think is there any chances after doing it.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 pm

InshaAllah wrote:Hi everyone, my flr(o) application has been refused with no right to appeal, how dare a minimum wage crook tries to separate me from my wife and son who are both british, i have been here for 14 bloody years and all i get is this ? Anyway Alhamdoulillah, please any help in terms of next step will be appreciated, solicitor said mp contact for reconsideration or JR ? What are your thoughts guys ?
So sorry about the refusal. The Lord is your strength and He will guide on the next step
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

[quote="yummymummy3j"]good morning everyone!it is d beginning of a new day, and i pray you all shall recieve favour from the lord.....i pray all the case workers handling your cases will have clarity of minds , and they will show you mercies and grant all yr visas in jesus name....i pray for those who have been refused that God will give you sense of direction as to what action to take...
To all those who are in financial mess , and those living from hand to mouth, and sleeping on sofas , living off others and those who are lonely and feeling detached from the society all as a result of not having status , or waiting too long for their applications to be decided e.t.c. i pray that the lord almighty will meet you all at the points of your needs... the lord almighty will send good samaritans your way...
To all those who are in violent relationships or facing other forms or hardship compounded by yr immigration issues i pray the lord will put end to all yr sufferings and give you reasons to rejoice...
I will not forget the genius and the highly talented people who have not been able to maximise their potential due to their immigration problems , i pray that very soon the lord will show case you to the world and you will do exploits in jesus name....
you all are in my thoughts and prayer..one lovexxxx[/quote]

Wow!! Yummymummy!! You're one in a million! Thank you very much!! You give us more fighting spirit with that beautiful prayer!! Thank you once again!

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 pm

@MRLAOLU thanks for your advice .my reason to doing application again is only that i was made application on wrong time and if i will go to the court now they can say HO made right decision on my application .so i want to be sure from my side .if they will refuse me again then i will go for JR.
Last edited by tinapalak on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

tinapalak wrote:@MRLAOLU thanks for your advice .my reason to doing application again is only that i was made application on wrong time and if i will go to the court now they can say HO made right decision on my application .so i want to be sure from my side .if they will refuse me again then i will go for JR.

naba

Post by naba » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm

@Kukuwife, thanks a lot dear. Can you give me the reference (HO) please? Wondering my manager may ask for the reference. Thanks again.

naba

Re: FLR (o) applied as child spent 7 years from T4

Post by naba » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:Hi dear, I made FLR o application on end of August 2013 as my child spent 7 years here but the application has been invalid due to fee. I received the letter on 14th September 13 Saturday. I resend the application on 16th September 13 Monday. My Tier4 visa expired 8th September13. I have been working, can I continue my work now? Please do advise me. Thanks.
Yes. You are still within the 28days
@Kukuwife, thanks a lot dear. Can you give me the HO reference please? my manager may ask me for the reference. Thanks again.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 pm

naba wrote:@Kukuwife, thanks a lot dear. Can you give me the reference (HO) please? Wondering my manager may ask for the reference. Thanks again.
Naba- what do you mean by reference.

naba

Post by naba » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 am

naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:Hi dear, I made FLR o application on end of August 2013 as my child spent 7 years here but the application has been invalid due to fee. I received the letter on 14th September 13 Saturday. I resend the application on 16th September 13 Monday. My Tier4 visa expired 8th September13. I have been working, can I continue my work now? Please do advise me. Thanks.
Yes. You are still within the 28days
@Kukuwife, thanks a lot dear as you said I am eligible to continue my work . yeah I applied within 28 days as my visa expired on 8th September 13 and I re applied on 16th September. Can you give me the HO reference please? my manager may ask me for the reference. Thanks again.

naba

Post by naba » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 am

Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:@Kukuwife, thanks a lot dear. Can you give me the reference (HO) please? Wondering my manager may ask for the reference. Thanks again.
Sorry, I am new and still learning how to post and reply. Dear Kukuwife you said I can continue my work as I reapply within 28 days. Could you please give me the HO reference of this 28 days policy? Thank you again.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:33 am

naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Sorry, I am new and still learning how to post and reply. Dear Kukuwife you said I can continue my work as I reapply within 28 days. Could you please give me the HO reference of this 28 days policy? Thank you again.
I think this is the link you are looking for:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/

Frequently Asked Questions

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 am

Good Morning All !
No post for me today :? Hmm...I could see few applications decided back from Sep 2012, God knows where my application is dumped...oh Lord have mercy on me plz !
Ppl ask me to stop counting days and divert my mind from this issue, but how do I do ? I can't work , friend are busy with their work,so no social life ! I can't go shopping becz I don't want to spend money, all I do is sit at home watch TV during day and if weather permits I go out for long walk! ( with HO at back of mind )
Friends plz advise me if I can do anything more in this horrible situation.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am

verbina wrote:
naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.
Verbena- thanks for providing naba the link

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 am

SDP wrote:Good Morning All !
No post for me today :? Hmm...I could see few applications decided back from Sep 2012, God knows where my application is dumped...oh Lord have mercy on me plz !
Ppl ask me to stop counting days and divert my mind from this issue, but how do I do ? I can't work , friend are busy with their work,so no social life ! I can't go shopping becz I don't want to spend money, all I do is sit at home watch TV during day and if weather permits I go out for long walk! ( with HO at back of mind )
I know how you feel mate, don't worry there shall be a floodgate of good news in this forum very very soon. In the mean time, you could use this period to train and acquire some knowledge or skill via self study.
I don't know what career path you are into but if there is anyone into IT and Networking who needs resources (CBT) to kill time, please do let me know.
This period of ours now, shall eventually be a stepping stone to accelerated progress for us all in Jesus name! It is well

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 am

Oh darling Im in exactly same position!!! Cant work, cant afford to live in London anymore!! So 5 months ago I left everything and moved in with my ex to this small place down south where he grew up. The thing is I originally left him for more than a year because of his 'party lifestyle' and that he used to shout at me and hit me and break things and that when we were living in London. But he convinced me if we move away from London while Im waiting for my visa everything will be different- he ll get a proper day job( he used to work nights before) and have a healthy 'organic' lifestyle away from all parties in London etc...
I was so stupid I kinda believed it, I thought if he stopped working in clubs and all that then he wont be aggressive and violent. But its actually worse now, I dont have my financial independence anymore as he s paying rent etc. Ive got nowhere to go, as I cant tell my old friends that I moved all the way to this place with that idiot ex. I cant tell my parents even, coz they will worry that Im back to living with him, especially away from everyone.
So there! Im just sitting here the letter box... cause each day is a struggle.
Sorry!!!!!
:oops: I had to get it out!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
But please, guys dont feel bad for me! Its cool you know! Dont have to comment ok? xxx

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:53 am

Kukuwife wrote:
verbina wrote:
naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote: Naba- what do you mean by reference.

Verbena- thanks for providing naba the link
No probs babe! 8)

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 am

[quote="SDP"]Good Morning All !
Friends plz advise me if I can do anything more in this horrible situation.[/quote]

i know exactly how u feel, it took HO 13 months to decide my application, refused, and then 5 months waiting for my court date, another 38 days to go. and i couldnt extend my contact at work without valid visa, so been sitting at home for almost 1,5 years :( i took on a few hobbies - photography, needle work, anything will do to keep my mind of things and kill the time.

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 am

[quote="SDP"]Good Morning All !
Friends plz advise me if I can do anything more in this horrible situation.[/quote]

i know exactly how u feel, it took HO 13 months to decide my application, refused, and then 5 months waiting for my court date, another 38 days to go. and i couldnt extend my contact at work without valid visa, so been sitting at home for almost 1,5 years :( i took on a few hobbies - photography, needle work, anything will do to keep my mind of things and kill the time.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 am

rainyday wrote:
Oh babe! Only 38 days to go until your court date!! Good luck! Hope you get an amazing judge and everything will workout for you!!!

I used to do photography, but now my 12 year old daughter decided she wants to do it too, so I gave her my camera and lenses etc lol :)

Mmmm needlework sounds interesting and inexpensive... Ill look into it! Thank you!!

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="SDP"]Good Morning All !

i know exactly how u feel, it took HO 13 months to decide my application, refused, and then 5 months waiting for my court date, another 38 days to go. and i couldnt extend my contact at work without valid visa, so been sitting at home for almost 1,5 years :( i took on a few hobbies - photography, needle work, anything will do to keep my mind of things and kill the time.[/quote]

Oh babe! Only 38 days to go until your court date!! Good luck! Hope you get an amazing judge and everything will workout for you!!!

I used to do photography, but now my 12 year old daughter decided she wants to do it too, so I gave her my camera and lenses etc lol :)

Mmmm needlework sounds interesting and inexpensive... Ill look into it! Thank you!![/quote]
Hi Verbina, i know u r russian, i am russian too, so u know needle work is popular back home :) so i just downloaded patterns for free online and got materials for around £10 on ebay. calms you down and kills time perfectly... and end result is pretty :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:11 am

rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
rainyday wrote:

Mmmm needlework sounds interesting and inexpensive... Ill look into it! Thank you!!
Hi Verbina, i know u r russian, i am russian too, so u know needle work is popular back home :) so i just downloaded patterns for free online and got materials for around £10 on ebay. calms you down and kills time perfectly... and end result is pretty :)
Hahaha!! Privet bratello!!!! :lol: Yeah, my granny was bad*ss at needlework she used to do some sick cushions n that! Like artworks!! Awwwh so nice to have a fellow russian here!!!!

PS Im seriously bad at knitting (I tried to take it up when it suddenly became a dead trendy thing to do)! So fingers crossed Ill be better at needlework!!

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"]

Hahaha!! Privet bratello!!!! :lol: Yeah, my granny was bad*ss at needlework she used to do some sick cushions n that! Like artworks!! Awwwh so nice to have a fellow russian here!!!![/quote]

Privet :) yeah my grandmother used to do it as well, but it looks like its back into fashion there now :) u can always PM me if you want a chat with a fellow russian :) it is good to have another russian on here, i always thought i was the only russian in this country with visa problems haha

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 am

rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
Hahaha!! Privet bratello!!!! :lol: Yeah, my granny was bad*ss at needlework she used to do some sick cushions n that! Like artworks!! Awwwh so nice to have a fellow russian here!!!!
Privet :) yeah my grandmother used to do it as well, but it looks like its back into fashion there now :) u can always PM me if you want a chat with a fellow russian :) it is good to have another russian on here, i always thought i was the only russian in this country with visa problems haha
Same here!! I mean its not like I wish such ill fate on any other fellow- russ,
but still... I truly hope it works out soon for you darling!!!!

Could you possibly share your story with us? We ve had way too many refusals on here lately and many of us are just at the beginning of an appeal/JR/reconsideration process.....
It will be good to hear from you as you're only 38 days away!!!!