ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, Absences more than 180 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nandsenthil
Newly Registered

ILR, Absences more than 180 days

Post by nandsenthil » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Gurus,

You might have answered these kind of queries numerous times.

I have absences of more than 180 days in a single year but i was sent out of country by my company for business reasons for nearly 1.5 years. My salary was paid in UK and was visiting UK for a week every 3 months in those 1.5 years. My company is willing to give all supporting documents necessary. Is there any possibility i could apply for ILR? Is there anyone in my situation applied and obtained recently?

Please Help !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:54 am

No chance. The new rules on absence are much more generous but are absolutely fixed at 180 on that basis. It is possible to make 360 over two adjacent cycles but you are beyond that at only one week in every 12 inside the UK over 1.5 years. You broke residence and must now begin to count from the time you returned.

nandsenthil
Newly Registered

Post by nandsenthil » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks a lot. Might need to extend my Tier 1 General for few more years.