ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 am

verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:Good Morning All !
No post for me today :? Hmm...I could see few applications decided back from Sep 2012, God knows where my application is dumped...oh Lord have mercy on me plz !
Ppl ask me to stop counting days and divert my mind from this issue, but how do I do ? I can't work , friend are busy with their work,so no social life ! I can't go shopping becz I don't want to spend money, all I do is sit at home watch TV during day and if weather permits I go out for long walk! ( with HO at back of mind )
Friends plz advise me if I can do anything more in this horrible situation.
Oh darling Im in exactly same position!!! Cant work, cant afford to live in London anymore!! So 5 months ago I left everything and moved in with my ex to this small place down south where he grew up. The thing is I originally left him for more than a year because of his 'party lifestyle' and that he used to shout at me and hit me and break things and that when we were living in London. But he convinced me if we move away from London while Im waiting for my visa everything will be different- he ll get a proper day job( he used to work nights before) and have a healthy 'organic' lifestyle away from all parties in London etc...
I was so stupid I kinda believed it, I thought if he stopped working in clubs and all that then he wont be aggressive and violent. But its actually worse now, I dont have my financial independence anymore as he s paying rent etc. Ive got nowhere to go, as I cant tell my old friends that I moved all the way to this place with that idiot ex. I cant tell my parents even, coz they will worry that Im back to living with him, especially away from everyone.
So there! Im just sitting here the letter box... cause each day is a struggle.
Sorry!!!!!
:oops: I had to get it out!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
But please, guys dont feel bad for me! Its cool you know! Dont have to comment ok? xxx

Wow!!! What profits a "man" to lift up his two slaving hands and put it on woman in this day and age instead of making money with it. I am glad we found this forum as comforting zone to vent. Expressing yourself here is so therapeutic because you don get condemned for what, who and where you are.

I believe we will all look back and share this tales of our lives at a BBQ with smiles of victory on each of our faces. We will prevail in Jesus name. It's ojo a matter of time people....only a matter of time.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 am

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
No post for me today :? Hmm...I could see few applications decided back from Sep 2012, God knows where my application is dumped...oh Lord have mercy on me plz !
Ppl ask me to stop counting days and divert my mind from this issue, but how do I do ? I can't work , friend are busy with their work,so no social life ! I can't go shopping becz I don't want to spend money, all I do is sit at home watch TV during day and if weather permits I go out for long walk! ( with HO at back of mind )
Oh darling Im in exactly same position!!! Cant work, cant afford to live in London anymore!! So 5 months ago I left everything and moved in with my ex to this small place down south where he grew up. The thing is I originally left him for more than a year because of his 'party lifestyle' and that he used to shout at me and hit me and break things and that when we were living in London. But he convinced me if we move away from London while Im waiting for my visa everything will be different- he ll get a proper day job( he used to work nights before) and have a healthy 'organic' lifestyle away from all parties in London etc...
I was so stupid I kinda believed it, I thought if he stopped working in clubs and all that then he wont be aggressive and violent. But its actually worse now, I dont have my financial independence anymore as he s paying rent etc. Ive got nowhere to go, as I cant tell my old friends that I moved all the way to this place with that idiot ex. I cant tell my parents even, coz they will worry that Im back to living with him, especially away from everyone.
Sorry!!!!!
But please, guys dont feel bad for me! Its cool you know! Dont have to comment ok? xxx

Wow!!! What profits a "man" to lift up his two slaving hands and put it on woman in this day and age instead of making money with it. I am glad we found this forum as comforting zone to vent. Expressing yourself here is so therapeutic because you don get condemned for what, who and where you are.

I believe we will all look back and share this tales of our lives at a BBQ with smiles of victory on each of our faces. We will prevail in Jesus name. It's ojo a matter of time people....only a matter of time.
Yepppp!! Amen to that!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"]

Same here!! I mean its not like I wish such ill fate on any other fellow- russ,
but still... I truly hope it works out soon for you darling!!!!

Could you possibly share your story with us? We ve had way too many refusals on here lately and many of us are just at the beginning of an appeal/JR/reconsideration process.....
It will be good to hear from you as you're only 38 days away!!!![/quote]

no, not wishing anything bad on russians, but all russians i know here are so lucky with their visas, unlike us lol

i came to the UK in 2005, so been here for over 8 yrs. my mum and my brother moved here in 2003, as my mum married an english guy, i was over 18 then and was at uni, so stayed at home to gaduate ( what a mistake that was) . then i came here on a student visa, which got extended and then PSW until last year, so i applied FLR O based on private/family life. HO said they dont believe i dont have any ties back home, so they refused me. my family r british now, so i am arguing existence of family life in court, it is very 50-50, will depend on the mood of the judge on the day i guess

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:32 am

rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
Oh babe, I hope it works out for you and you get a sympathetic judge!!
Thank you for sharing this! We will all keep our fingers crossed for you!!

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"][quote="rainyday"][quote="verbina"]

Oh babe, I hope it works out for you and you get a sympathetic judge!!
Thank you for sharing this! We will all keep our fingers crossed for you!![/quote]

Thanks!! i hope it all works out for all of us in the end :) i will surely update it on here after the hearing date

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
rainyday wrote:
verbina wrote:
Cool!! Please do! xxx

God's Authority

Hello

Post by God's Authority » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Everyone

Its been a while I have been on here.

Congrats to everyone who has been granted and to everyone who got any unfavourable response, please do not fret, it can only be delayed, you will surely get your victory by God's grace. Also those of us still waiting , the Lord almighty will favour us all.

Please dear people, I am just very worried about my case. I want you to be honest but do you think going by my history so far, I can be granted on compassionate grounds? Like I mentioned in my previous posts, I made it very clear that my family and I were applying on grounds of compassion and included the documents from doctors,insurance policies, work details and even some pictures. However, I am getting very worried now because it kind of appears that the discretionary leave is only granted to people who have kids under the 7 year rule, british spouses/ kids or partner or those who have spent a cosiderable part of their life here.

I am sorry if my question appears stupid but I know I can always rely on some sort of comfort and solace when I come here.

Thank you all so much in advance and God bless and please don't be afraid to tell me where I stand if you at least have an idea based on my situation :)

Thanks again and not doubting what God can do, just being human I guess.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:49 am

Even they refused who got a children and lived here for 7 or more years and british partner as well. They refused everyone. good luck to you. Need to fight in a court. Please don't lose hope fight til the end.

ThisYear

VERBINA {{{{hugs}}}}

Post by ThisYear » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh My! You are a strong, articulate and compassionate woman. You have being the backbone of this forum while going through all this in your personal life :(

Please get out NOW!!! Your life is of more importance that the visa please!

There must be a wowen's shelter somewhere hun that can assist you.

Stay strong and you will receive the positive response that we all so desire for you.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
Sorry!!!!!

Yepppp!! Amen to that!
@Verbina as someone has suggested already...find a women's shelter and move out. My friend did exactly that and it helped with her immigration case especially if you have children. she is now settled and is happily in a new relationship and the kids are better for not being with their father who is an abuser. You are an amazing person...lifting everybody's hopes when you are going through this yourself.......God does not desert his children...you will be fine...

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 pm

@SDP, it is well, trust me u'll be granted! ....@God's authority, u'll also be granted!, cos i have similar case to yours, only my son is British. Any case on compassionate grand is strong, provided u have evidence to back it up which u've done. Even if they refuse u, u'll win in court. My initial FLR(O) was refused, but i won in court 4 years ago, and my renewal was just granted about 2 weeks ago. So nothing to worry about, generic condition of any kind receives priority at the HO and in front of any immigration judge! cos getting treatment in home country is almost virtually impossible!

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
pt

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
Sorry!!!!!

Yepppp!! Amen to that!
@Verbina as someone has suggested already...find a women's shelter and move out. My friend did exactly that and it helped with her immigration case especially if you have children. she is now settled and is happily in a new relationship and the kids are better for not being with their father who is an abuser. You are an amazing person...lifting everybody's hopes when you are going through this yourself.......God does not desert his children...you will be fine...
@Crystal
Thank you darl!! Yeah, my child is not actually living with me, she is living with foster parents. So usually places like Refuge, Women Aid etc dont cater for illegals like myself without a 'babe in arms' especially. But Im looking into my options at the moment....

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Bad news friends!
Received a call from solicitor saying my application is refused.
I need to see him tomorrow.
I know he will ask me to go for JR for which I am not prepared mentally and financially, I will just put in a reconsideration letter just to buy time from enforcement team, meanwhile I will clear all my stuff , book my tickets and fly back to my home country in a dignified way.
I will let you all know once when I see my solicitor tomorrow
Good Luck guys

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 pm

SDP wrote:Bad news friends!
I know he will ask me to go for JR for which I am not prepared mentally and financially, I will just put in a reconsideration letter just to buy time from enforcement team, meanwhile I will clear all my stuff , book my tickets and fly back to my home country in a dignified way.
Good Luck guys
I am so sorry SDP.......I am not hopeful anymore. I better start packing my bags as well....it seems home office is trigger happy refusing all applications. I wish you all the best....

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Good Luck guys
@SDP Oh for God's sake I cant believe this!!!!! Honey, I know its hard, but please dont give up just yet!! Wait at least until you see your solicitor and refusal letter! We are praying for you!!

PS someone on here was refused once, couldnt afford to appeal, found a pro bono solicitor and WON!!

There s no harm in trying to find some brainy young solicitor/barrister to take up your case pro bono. To be honest, I believe the quality of their help will be superb as they are just finishing their education, so they are not yet bored of their craft, eager to apply it and excel!!

Here s the link that could be a good place to start

http://www.barprobono.org.uk/?cID=3&cType=html
Last edited by verbina on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Good Luck guys
SDP, ..... And I was with hope that once you get granted I could smell a chance here being that we have the same background... Sigh!!!... *Drops Phone*

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:56 pm

[quote="SDP"]Bad news friends!
Good Luck guys[/quote]

Oh SDP!!! I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Keep your chin up and keep your head held high! I know it will be difficult for you financially and mentally but giving up means you have left them to win in what they are not supposed to win. I think you owe it to yourself and if you have kids, you owe it to them. Fight on!! I have sold everything I owned to get this far and only God knows how I will survive but I've put in so much and I'm not going down without a fight!

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:28 pm

[quote="SDP"]Bad news friends!
Good Luck guys[/quote]

Oh, I am so sorry SDP, don't give up yet, God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Good Luck guys
So sorry about Ur refusal sdp try and occupy Ur mind with other things. Hope is not lost heat what Ur solicitor has to say. All d best
Godgives

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 pm

@SDP, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE BEEN REFUSED...ITS NOT THE END YOU ARE A STEP CLOSER TO GETTING YOUR VISA, REMEMBER NEVER GIVE UP UNTIL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT......... I PRAY FOR A SENSE OF DIRECTION AND GOD'S DIRECTION TO HELP YOU TAKE APPROPRIATE STEP...... I AM SENDING YOU LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS AND CYBER KISSES......CHIN UP DEAR

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:46 pm

@VERBINA JUST READ YOUR POST AND IT LEFT ME TEARFUL..... A MAN WHO RAISE A FINGER ON A WOMAN IS AN ANIMAL FROM THE PIT OF HELL...IT BREAKS MY HEART YOU ARE LIVING WITH SUCH LOSER...BUT MY DEAR THERE IS A GOD UP THERE ,HE WILL PUT AN END TO ALL YOUR SUFFERINGS SOON AND HE WILL KEEP YOU SAFE..... I DONT KNOW WHY THE HOMEOFFICE IS NOT MAKING ADEQUATE PROVISION FOR WOMEN HAVING TO PUT WITH ALL SORTS OF VIOLENCE WHILST THEIR APPLICATION IS BEING PROCESSED.....ANYWAY ITS A PHASE IN YOUR LIFE IT WILL SURELY PASS ,YOU WILL DEFINETELY GET THROUGH THIS .... HANG IN THERE BABE AND PLS STAY SAFE....CYBER HUGS FOR MY RUSSIAN BABE LOL XXXXXX

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm

GodGives wrote:
Good Luck guys
So sorry about Ur refusal sdp try and occupy Ur mind with other things. Hope is not lost heat what Ur solicitor has to say. All d best
Good evening all. Apologies for the radio silence. SDP I am so sorry, please don't give up. Its far from over. I felt exactly the same way having had a fairly decent career path and all. You are a qualified accountant and no one is going to take that away from you. Opportunities are plenty for your line of work. Try and think of the bigger picture please. The journey we embark on is not for the faint hearted I recall my mother saying to me that things will get tough and rough ahead but couldn't imagine how tough. I think once you overcome the disappointment your options will become clearer. If you decide to do a reconsideration letter please let your MP file it through the MP's liaison unit. Our cases are similar and if you need my assistance I am here to help. Welcome to the forum Rainyday.

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 pm

....ooh no!...SDP!, so sorry for the bad news, i pray to Almighty God to change your story at any point!..be it JR, Reconsideration..Appeal..PAP..etc...there shall be a turn of event in your favour by the special Grace of God!.@SDP.
pt

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 pm

@BELIEVE WHERE HAVE THOU BEEN LOL...HOW ARE YOU DOIN????

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Good Luck guys
@SDP, am so so sorry to hear the news, but you know what mate? This is just the beginning you need to know that nothing good comes easy, please don't give this people the satisfaction they are looking for. This is exactly where they want to place you, you need to proof them wrong.
The Lord Almighty will give you the strength, wisdom and knowledge to see this through. It is well!