ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed pleaseeee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T & G

help needed pleaseeee

Post by T & G » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 pm

hi everyone :) just wondering if anyone could help me. my friend is coming to Ireland as a visitor, his application has been approved and all he needs is to get his passport back and buy the ticket. i want to know does he need to have a return ticket as a proof that he is going to back to his original country before his visa runs out? or the one way ticket is ok?
and one more question- when does the time of visiting start- once the visa issues or when the applicant enters the country?
any advice will be geatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: help needed pleaseeee

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm

T & G wrote:hi everyone :)
and one more question- when does the time of visiting start- once the visa issues or when the applicant enters the country?
any advice will be geatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.
Visit starts from the date endorsed on his Visit Visa regardless he enters the country or not
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:22 pm

not fair :(

thank you very much for your reply.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 pm

the sitizensinformation web page says: " all non-EEA nationals, including those with visas, must obtain permission to enter the State by reporting to an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. The length of time you will be allowed to stay in Ireland is determined by the Immigration Officer but will never exceed a maximum of 90 days."
i am so confused :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm

T & G wrote:the sitizensinformation web page says: " all non-EEA nationals, including those with visas, must obtain permission to enter the State by reporting to an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. The length of time you will be allowed to stay in Ireland is determined by the Immigration Officer but will never exceed a maximum of 90 days."
i am so confused :(

You are so confused alright because this statement does not apply to your friend.

The statement that you mentioned above could apply to a national of Brazil for example who have free visit entry to Irleand for up to 90 days, because they could come to Ireland without a Visit Visa, then the Visit Visa will be issued to them at the port of Entry.

If your friend obtained a visa prior to his arrival like Most african countries, middle east and asia, the statement does not apply to him especially if his country has no free visit to Ireland, Understood?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 pm

well, my frined is from georgia and yes- he applied for a short stay visa 2 months ago and he got it yesterday. so as i guess, it means that he has to ask for his passport back and get his ticket as soon as he can because he has just 90 days and that visiting time has already started when visa issued? am i right?
and do you have any information about the tickets? will he need the return ticket as a proof?
thank you very much for your help

justme2
Newly Registered

Post by justme2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm

@ integrated migrants did you swim across the ocean to get here?
If you have a visa issued from any irish consular section in your region, you can enter the state anytime within the duration on the visa. The moment your friend. Presents himself at the point of entry, if he was given a single entry, it becomes invalid. A new visa will be stamped there indicating the days he plans to state. If you have further questions, call INIS staff and get 1st hand information.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 pm

thank you very much. i will contact and ask them, whats the next step to do. thanks again.