ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is children referee should know them for 3 years?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

Is children referee should know them for 3 years?

Post by nmm » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 pm

I am going to apply for BC for me & my family. My daughter started high school last year and none of her teacher know her for 3 years.

Is this 3 years requirement applied for children as well? This requirement is not mentioned in "MN1 Guide" but I just want to make sure as I have seen many posts on this forum who are seeking referee for child who know him/her for 3 years.

Thanks

VR

no need to follow to the last dot

Post by VR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 am

nmm,

IMHO It would suffice if you put the same referees as on your form for your children. Some of the requirements are not practical. Many things to add to stress and trouble migrants have been brought in.
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 am

nmm wrote:I have NCS appointment on 22 Oct 2013 and yesterday I went to my child school to get information if I can get the reference. Luckily teacher agreed and filled the reference form on spot.

I just wondering if there is any time limit of how early we can get the reference before NCS appointment?

Thanks
VR wrote:I know a friend who got his reference forms signed and ready 6 months earlier. No guidance about this aspect but I guess a common sense approach nearer to the time of submitting the application is the best.

For your appointment of 22 Oct 2013 the reference obtained is just fine.
cheers
vr
nmm wrote:Thanks VR
akhurshid wrote:I asked same question to NCS lady when I booked appointment for my daughter last week.
She advised that referee can sign up to 6 months in advance according to HO.

neoseal wrote:There is a guidance

6.3.7.2 If the application has been received in the Home Office more
than 6 months after the date on which it was declared by the
referees there is a possibility that the applicant's circumstances
have changed. The form should therefore be returned to be redeclared by the referees to ensure that the information given is
up to date.

Here's the link as well

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 am

nmm wrote:Hi,

I want to make some corrections to my children & wife surname before submitting naturalisation application. For example my name is Ali Ahmad Khan, so Khan is my surname, my wife name is Farah Ali which should be Farah Khan or Farah Ali Khan, similarly my son name is Babur Ali but it should be Babur Khan or Babur Ali Khan.

Could some friend please guide me:

1. Is it better to do this change before naturalisation application or to do it after natualisation and before passport application?
2. Which change is more easy to do? replacing the surname or addition of surname with the current name ?
3. Do I need deed poll if I add or replace their surname? Do I need deed poll separately for everyone or one deed poll can be used for whole family?
4. What else is required for this change?

Thanks a lot
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 pm

D4109125 wrote:
nmm wrote:Hi,

I want to make some corrections to my children & wife surname before submitting naturalisation application. For example my name is Ali Ahmad Khan, so Khan is my surname, my wife name is Farah Ali which should be Farah Khan or Farah Ali Khan, similarly my son name is Babur Ali but it should be Babur Khan or Babur Ali Khan.

Could some friend please guide me:

1. Is it better to do this change before naturalisation application or to do it after natualisation and before passport application?
2. Which change is more easy to do? replacing the surname or addition of surname with the current name ?
3. Do I need deed poll if I add or replace their surname? Do I need deed poll separately for everyone or one deed poll can be used for whole family?
4. What else is required for this change?

Thanks a lot
Hi,

I have not found any reply of my question for surname change, it is very important. Please can some senior member reply? Thanks