ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 General Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vtaneja

ILR for Tier 1 General Dependent

Post by vtaneja » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Dear Experts,

My wife and I have been in the UK since November 2008.

a) I have been on Tier 1 General
b) My wife was on A Student Visa from November 2008 - October 2012
c) In October 2012, she switched to Tier 1 General Dependent visa
d) We have been living together in London since November 2008
e) Our most recent Tier 1 General extension happened in March 2013, and we have a Tier 1 General (and Dependent) visas valid till March 2016

Since I will be eligible to apply for ILR in November 2013, I am going to apply for sure. I need your expert guidance on the following questions:

a) My wife was here for 4 years on a student visa, and then the last year on a Tier 1 General Dependent visa - she will NOT be eligible to apply for ILR with me, right? (Even if we were married all this while and staying together for 5 years)

b) If my wife can't apply for ILR, can she remain on the Tier 1 General Dependent visa (which is valid till MArch 2016). So basically, I switch to ILR and she remains on Tier 1 General Dependent ?

I would be grateful for your assistance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:31 pm

a) Correct.

b) Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

vtaneja wrote:Dear Experts,

I was granted Tier 1 (General) visa on 19th August, 2008. I first entered the UK on 25th November, 2008. I started working in UK on 23rd March, 2009.

Now, I know that I can apply for ILR from 25th November, 2013 onwards, however, I am not sure about the period of unemployment when I first came to the UK - will that be a problem if, let's say, I apply for ILR on 25th November, 2013.

I should add that I have been in continuous employment since 23rd March, 2009.

Thanks a lot for your help
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 am

Dear Experts,

I was granted Tier 1 (General) visa on 19th August, 2008. I first entered the UK on 25th November, 2008. I started working in UK on 23rd March, 2009.

Now, I know that I can apply for ILR from 25th November, 2013 onwards, however, I am not sure about the period of unemployment when I first came to the UK - will that be a problem if, let's say, I apply for ILR on 25th November, 2013.

I should add that I have been in continuous employment since 23rd March, 2009.

Thanks a lot for your help