ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence 28 days overstay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Soban wrote:
hassenpk wrote:Well sorry why i am asking same question because my friend application get refused with the same reason and i spoke with his solicitor what he told me they count gap from the expiry of a visa till new visa granted

Dates of expiry Visa 1/03/2004
Visa granted : 7/06/2004

Gap is approximate 90 days what his solicitor told me .Because of his fault application was
return so they calculated the time period from the day visa expire and the day visa granted .

Now no more question :oops:

Thanks
Vinny
Guru
Did he make an in time application or did he apply after his visa had expired?
If it was in-time application then it must be valid, as you are not responsible for HO delay.

hassenpk

Post by hassenpk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Soban wrote:
hassenpk wrote:Well sorry why i am asking same question because my friend application get refused with the same reason and i spoke with his solicitor what he told me they count gap from the expiry of a visa till new visa granted

Gap is approximate 90 days what his solicitor told me .Because of his fault application was
return so they calculated the time period from the day visa expire and the day visa granted .

Thanks
Vinny
Guru
If it was in-time application then it must be valid, as you are not responsible for HO delay.
Yes it was in time application

hassenpk

Post by hassenpk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Soban wrote:

Thanks
Vinny
Guru
Yes it was in time application

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

Universal soldier wrote:Much appreciation if someone answer following:
1. If the present test 3rd edition of life in uk someone pass 10 months before of applying ILR will be fine.
2. Wales which is in uk and if someone has passed master degree from there where their local people speak wales language but university teach in english. will this degree meet new ukba requirement of english.
3. Any idea if next year they change again life in uk test then whether it will affect those who already passed the present 3rd edition version March 2013.
rajesh9pl wrote:Life in UK results are valid forever, no matter which edition of exam is effective. I passed the exam in March sometime, when old edition was in in effect. I applied the ILR this month.

Q2 - Wait for someone else to reply.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

1-2 Yes.

3. LIUK remains valid.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:08 pm

D4109125 wrote:1-2 Yes.

3. LIUK remains valid.
Many thanks for your answer. If master degree from wales meet the new english requirement then still the applicant need the NARC report of comparing this degree equal to UK bachelor degree or not. Despite the fact that wales is a part of UK and they speak english too.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 pm

You do not need NARIC for a UK degree.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 pm

D4109125 wrote:You do not need NARIC for a UK degree.
If no NARIC report then which one of the following can satisfy ukba.
1. university original degree
2. university transcript
3. university letter confirming teaching method is english with degree award date.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Universal soldier wrote:
2. university transcript
3. university letter confirming teaching method is english with degree award date.
I would also attach the PBS calculator awarding 10+ points but that really shouldn't be required.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:
2. university transcript
I would also attach the PBS calculator awarding 10+ points but that really shouldn't be required.
sorry i not understand which pbs calculator and where is it? I only want to know that among above papers which come along with uk degree then which can be best used to meet this English language requirement.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 pm

The original degree certificate and a print out from the PBS calculator (click)

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Long residence - 10 years ILR guidance does not tell that 10 years will start from date of visa issue or date of arrival. What you people think from following ukba website, they write there both circumstances to start the time from.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

You can apply for settlement using form SET(LR) if you have been legally living in the UK for a continuous period of 10 years.

You can find more information and an explanation of continuous residence in the Long Residence and Private Life guidance.

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

the date when you arrived in the UK with a visa; or
the date you were given permission to stay in the UK

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm

The date when you arrived in the UK with a visa unless, for example, you were an overstayer in the UK and then were granted LTR.