ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="GodGives"][quote="nilemarques"]Good day everyone!! To those granted, congratulations!! To those in a similar position like mine and haven't been granted, have no fear, good things will surely come you're way! To those still waiting, hang in there!

I was wondering guys, on the backdrop of so many unlawful decisions coming from the HO. I was thinking how we can get the absurd nature of HO decision making be made known to parliamentarians (You know like the one headed by Keith Vaz)! Maybe try to get an early day motion or petition or something.
I don't think that they are quite aware of the level of decision making and quite frankly, will inevitably will cost their precious taxpayers in terms of cost? I'm sure there are literally hundreds of people in our situation and the're probably are many silent followers who are in this situation and know other people as well ! I dunno, what do you guys think??[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea. We have to get as many signatures as possible[/quote]

Please forgive me, if i sound pessimistic but you will be surprised how much of what is going on the parliamentarians know. Many of us have been approaching our MP's for assistance in stepping in for us when HO misbehaves. The truth is that, all these refusals are part of this governments measure to reduce visa's to tens of thousands as they have always said afterall, we will be given visa's and not british citizenship so they still include all these applications as visa applications and not those applying from outside the UK alone.
There is no harm in trying, its better to try than never try at all!
Please, do count me. It is well![/quote]

@hatchsead, I'm sure they do know and are kinda sweeping it under the carpet. The family one has attracted a lot of media and parliamentary attraction so I'm just hoping that that if we can get it on that kinda platform, it might gain us the much needed attention. Maybe they might just start asking themselves questions i.e is it in the publics interests to have cases going to court where there is evidence of the HO having lost cases that are identical. I dunno, maybe I'm too hopeful.
@ Believe2013, good going. I'm also sending an email a day to the local enforcement team! Think am gonna send one to the link you provided!
@Godgives. Thanks for the support!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:58 pm

@CARROT CAKE I AM PRAISING GOD WITH YOU.. SEND US SOME CYBER CARROT CAKE....YIPEEEEEEEEEE

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 pm

hi everyone i need your help. as you all know my sister was refused back in july. she is 20 and she been in uk since 2001. so it should be 12 years she was born in the uk. she is married to a british guy but only religious wedding not. they not accepting the proof of 2001/2003 even tho she was registered at doctors in 2003. so even from 2003 till now it should be 10 years which is more than half of her life. and also been refused because she has family tie in her home country when her home country she be UK as she born here also i am her brother who has limited leave to remain so that tie should be stronger. the lawyer has said that dont do anything for now do the court marriage first and then should do reconsideration. what do you guys think shall i do reconsideration now or shall wait

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi everyone !

Just came back from my solicitor, the only option I have now is JR
For which he is charging me £2000 , it will take 6-12 months for a decision
Meanwhile if any legacy/ amnesty comes up I will be covered.
And about enforcement removals he asked me not to worry about it for at least 20 days.

I have been rejected with no right of appeal can I still go for reconsideration or PAP please advice , as I need some time to clear all my stuff, book my flight tickets etc
Can anyone let me know what is the procedure to travel back home my solicitor said passports will be given only at the airport , prior to that I need to book my flight tickets and send a copy to HO as a proof of my travel.
Any suggestions plz,
BTW carrot cake congrats!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:13 pm

SDP wrote:Hi everyone !

Meanwhile if any legacy/ amen espy comes up I will be covered.
I have asked him about enforcement removals he asked me not to worry abut the for at least 20 days.

I have been rejected with no right of appeal can I still go for reconsideration or PAP please advice , as I need some time to clear all my stuff, book my flight tickets etc
Can anyone let me know what is the procedure to travel back home my solicitor said passports will be given only at the airport prior to that I need to book my flight tickets and send a copy to HO as a proof of my travel.
Any suggestions plz,
Yes you can still do reconsideration letter and a PAP letter as well. HO might react to a PAP letter, but apparently quite often they literally do it a day or 3 before the hearing... So it may be the case of having to wait another 6-12 months in a limbo :(

With regards to passport/booking the flights issue, its actually easy. The enforcement team gives you your passport details so you can book your flight (if your passport is expired or you ve not got one they issue you with a travelling document from your embassy and give you the details, so you use that to book flights with)

Oh God Im so sorry darl.... :((
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:30 pm

carrotcake wrote:Come and join me in singing halleluya....God has done us good. Solicitor called to inform us that my hubby's application granted! Thank God
Halleluya... Very happy for your husband. Enjoy your freedom!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:38 pm

carrotcake wrote:Still in shock guys... Thanks for all the encouragements from this forum. Yours are on the way too. Remain blessed
Congrats to Ur husband
Godgives

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:39 pm

verbina wrote:

I have asked him about enforcement removals he asked me not to worry abut the for at least 20 days.

Can anyone let me know what is the procedure to travel back home my solicitor said passports will be given only at the airport prior to that I need to book my flight tickets and send a copy to HO as a proof of my travel.
Any suggestions plz,
Yes you can still do reconsideration letter and a PAP letter as well. HO might react to a PAP letter, but apparently quite often they literally do it a day or 3 before the hearing... So it may be the case of having to wait another 6-12 months in a limbo :(

With regards to passport/booking the flights issue, its actually easy. The enforcement team gives you your passport details so you can book your flight (if your passport is expired or you ve not got one they issue you with a travelling document from your embassy and give you the details, so you use that to book flights with)

I do have my passport which is expired in 2011 and with HO at the moment.
Can I book my ticket and send a copy to HO ?

Meanwhile what is the procedure for PAP can I do it on my own without informing to my solicitor,

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:44 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:

Any suggestions plz,

Meanwhile what is the procedure for PAP can I do it on my own without informing to my solicitor,
You have to ask at your embassy hun if you can travel back on expired passport or they ll give you a temporary travelling document.

Technically you can do PAP letter on your own, but you have to include all the relevant caselaw and legal arguments etc. You have to ask @believe @nilemarques or @hatchsead to comment on that one hun!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:28 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="SDP"][quote="verbina"][quote="SDP"]Hi everyone !

Any suggestions plz,
BTW carrot cake congrats![/quote]

Oh God Im so sorry darl.... :(([/quote]

Meanwhile what is the procedure for PAP can I do it on my own without informing to my solicitor,[/quote]

You have to ask at your embassy hun if you can travel back on expired passport or they ll give you a temporary travelling document.

Technically you can do PAP letter on your own, but you have to include all the relevant caselaw and legal arguments etc. You have to ask @believe @nilemarques or @hatchsead to comment on that one hun!![/quote]

Hi Verbina!! Hope you doing ok! Hang in there!! @ SDP. Have a look at this link. It explains in detail what a PAP is and how you write and go about it:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC
As for the reconsideration letter, no harm in sending one! I must say that it's not guaranteed that you'll get a response but you lose nothing! Hope that helps.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Good evening All,

Carrot cake congrats that was super quick. Best of luck for your future plans.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 am

SDP wrote:Bad news friends!
Received a call from solicitor saying my application is refused.
I need to see him tomorrow.
I know he will ask me to go for JR for which I am not prepared mentally and financially, I will just put in a reconsideration letter just to buy time from enforcement team, meanwhile I will clear all my stuff , book my tickets and fly back to my home country in a dignified way.
I will let you all know once when I see my solicitor tomorrow
Good Luck guys
Hi SDP, sorry about the refusal but please hang in there for there's no situation that's hopeless. Anything is possible to him that believes. 🙏

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 am

[quote="carrotcake"]Come and join me in singing halleluya....God has done us good. Solicitor called to inform us that my hubby's application granted! Thank God[/quot

Great news carrotcake, I'm happy for you and your family. Enjoy the thrill of overcoming the UKBA aka HELL OFFICE 🎉

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 pm

time503 please check your inbox
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:20 pm

[quote="Time503"][quote="carrotcake"]Come and join me in singing halleluya....God has done us good. Solicitor called to inform us that my hubby's application granted! Thank God[/quot

Great news carrotcake, I'm happy for you and your family. Enjoy the thrill of overcoming the UKBA aka HELL OFFICE ��[/quote]

@time 503.

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I have followed this thread, although i never said much, but i was always asking for Gods mercy on people who wrote. I am writing to inform, you guys that i have just received a letter from my lawyer, that i was issued my stay on the 16th and they have now received my brp as well.

Thank you guys, for keeping me going and i hope you all get good news soon. May the Lord, God bless you all, with your visas.

Please do not give, up. This is an extension, but at one time, i fought the home office 3 years, because i had over stayed, to get the first visa. They denied my first application and even wrote, i have to take my british child back..blah..blah.. I refused and fought on. This was nearly 5 years ago, and now i have my 2nd extension visa.

Please guys, keep strong and believe in God. In God, all things are possible.

:) :)

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello All
Been watching for months. You guys are great. I have just posted my flr o extension for discretionary leave that was granted in 2010 October.
Congrats to all who gave been granted. We can overcome from the difficulties of having no status!!

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Congratulations righteous!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:44 pm

RIGHTEOUS wrote:Hello everyone.

I have followed this thread, although i never said much, but i was always asking for Gods mercy on people who wrote. I am writing to inform, you guys that i have just received a letter from my lawyer, that i was issued my stay on the 16th and they have now received my brp as well.

Thank you guys, for keeping me going and i hope you all get good news soon. May the Lord, God bless you all, with your visas.

Please do not give, up. This is an extension, but at one time, i fought the home office 3 years, because i had over stayed, to get the first visa. They denied my first application and even wrote, i have to take my british child back..blah..blah.. I refused and fought on. This was nearly 5 years ago, and now i have my 2nd extension visa.

@righteous Whoop whoop!!! Congratulations hun!!!! Well done!!!!

@sweetypie welcome to the forum!!!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:47 pm

@righteous congratulatns dear .... we thank God almighty

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:49 pm

@sweetpye a very warm welcome toyou...goodluck with yr applicatn

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 pm

@verbina how are u dear.....
@sdp just checking to see how you are doin today
@ dapsonlee and believe hope u guys are havin a nice weeknd??/

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:24 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina how are u dear.....
@sdp just checking to see how you are doin today
@ dapsonlee and believe hope u guys are havin a nice weeknd??/

Im very well darling, thank you for asking ! Hope you guys are having a lovely weekend! :D xxx

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 pm

RIGHTEOUS wrote:Hello everyone.

congratulations all the best. thanks for the prayers

Your expectation will manifest very soon

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:30 pm

where can i find the address to email enforcement team?
anyone can provide this for me please guys?

just trying to help someone from the other forum
Last edited by summer2013 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal