ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejected - what do I do?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluezorro
Newly Registered

ILR rejected - what do I do?

Post by bluezorro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am

I came to the UK in 2008 on a Tier 1 (General) visa and applied for my ILR and it got rejected as it seems I've miscalculated the start of the 15 month period.

I'm not sure what option I have now apart from leaving the country, I hope someone in this forum can help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 am

Well it would help if you stipulated a immigration timeline for yourself, i.e. when your got EC when you arrived in which category etc...
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

neti

why do you have to leave country

Post by neti » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am

Hi,

If ILR is refused, can you not apply for normal extension or continue on your existing leave. why do you need to go out of UK ?

regards,
neti

SriGan

More details pelase!!

Post by SriGan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi Bluezorro,

Can you give us more information in detail? What went wrong in calculating the 15 month period. People wud be able to help you then.

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Post by SameerSheikh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 pm

What time period that qualifies for ILR for a person with Tier 1 General.

Does it have to be 5 years from the first EC Date till the BRP Card expires on the extension?

Or it can be 4 Years 11 Months?

This could be one of the possibility in his case too