ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The knowledge of language and life requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks Jambo, my bad :oops:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Confirmation from HO dated 20th September 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... updates%29
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Adojay wrote:
Jambo wrote:The "21 days old application" doesn't apply to naturalisation. In fact, unlike immigration applications there is no legal requirement to submit any form with the application. However, I believe the OP issue is not the form itself but whether he would need to meet the new language requirement or not.

As far as I know, Royal Mail do deliver post to UKBA on Saturday. You might need to pay extra for a Saturday morning Special Delivery.
Jambo,

Thanks. You are absolutely spot-on. All I needed was confirmation whether or not my application would be received Saturday 26th October by UKBA. And the answer is yes.

Thank you once again.

i am afraid it is not according to their website.
applications should reach them by the last working day before changes take place; which is friday 25/10/2013. no service on the weekend
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ts/85-koll