ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

exempt from financial requirement but spouse visa declined

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dil143
Newly Registered

Same situation

Post by Dil143 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:10 am

Hi jo i been reading your situation an i really feel you. Im married to an algerian an will be submitting my papers next week. Touch wood they accept. But by hearing yours i feel i might land in same boat. You just got to be strong. They will accept eventually its just a matter of patience. Some take longer than you but get there in end when you keep fighting. The only problem is money. And being on benefit with disabled kids to assist really dont help the expence, hence thats why they should accept to avoid that. Try get doctors letters an that to say you struggling and its affecting your health. Get your sons to write letter if they cant attend appeal. I really hope you ok an accept. It b a shame if they dont

jojochaachaa

Re: Same situation

Post by jojochaachaa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 am

Dil143 wrote:Hi jo i been reading your situation an i really feel you. Im married to an algerian an will be submitting my papers next week. Touch wood they accept. But by hearing yours i feel i might land in same boat. You just got to be strong. They will accept eventually its just a matter of patience. Some take longer than you but get there in end when you keep fighting. The only problem is money. And being on benefit with disabled kids to assist really dont help the expence, hence thats why they should accept to avoid that. Try get doctors letters an that to say you struggling and its affecting your health. Get your sons to write letter if they cant attend appeal. I really hope you ok an accept. It b a shame if they dont
awww Thank you so much lovely the pain is huge your right , I wish you well and I hope it goes easier for you the financial requirement has been lowered this week to 13.500 im not sure if your working etc ill be glad when next thursday is over its making me truly ill just make sure you spend little and keep money in your account they scrutisinise your bank what you have coming in and out etc so cancel any unnessary direct debits you dont really need as they are on to everything honestly feel free to pm me when you want and thanks very much for your words of support I honestly do not know how I would have coped without Amber she wont even let me send her flowers just shows there are some earth angels around xx

ps ive submitted all the letters they dont care its all about the money !!!!

jo

Dil143
Newly Registered

Post by Dil143 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 am

Hunz i think i messed up, i been spending like maniac on ebay, an hardly manage to save. Only from june to august i saved 2000, but been dpending and replacing continuously. I had wedding this year may so huge expense went on that. His got saving of 4500 euro but i dont think they consider that. Im staying 50/50. As i cant work, since i had major op last year that affects my mobility. I really hope i dont end up same boat, but it seem likely. I wouldve thought it make thier day husband coming over an governent reducing amout we recieve but obviously not. I really pray they accept yours for i can prepare myself if it comes to that stage.

Dil143
Newly Registered

Post by Dil143 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

And yes you right amber is a legend. I drafted the letter she gave you an put with my papers. My case worker goes dont believe everything on internet. But its obviously same people with same situation writting their exerience so its normal to believe what you read. I just have to stay optimistic about it all an pray me an u get there. Good luck for thursday, its the exact day we are submitting.

jojochaachaa

your thoughts

Post by jojochaachaa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:47 pm

D4109125 wrote:Don't worry about it. You would most certainly see a reduction in the benefits if your spouse worked full time. You would likely not be much better of with him working. The judge should not have stipulated that he must have a job offer and your adviser should have argued this point.

The most important thing is the guidance (click here please) which at page 2 states at 5.1(a):
5.1 Assessing the adequacy of the funds available wrote: In calculating whether the applicant can be adequately maintained, the decision
maker should follow the following steps:
(a) Establish the sponsor’s and/or applicant’s (if they are in the UK with
permission to work) current net income. The net income should be established
and if the income varies, an average should be calculated. Income from
benefits can be included as income.
I have highlighted the important text, no benefits are said to be excluded.

I think that starting to project income and the effect on benefits is fruitless as you satisfy adequate maintenance based on the benefits which can be included as income as per 5.1(a) and that your spouse can claim the Carer's Allowance when he arrives.
Hello Lovely Amber
I went to the citezens advice today and had a calculation done with my husbands projected earnings you were right my housing benifit and c t benifit and income support will stop however tax credits and working familys tax credits will go up higher so it seems , the solicitor has asked me to send him this so that he can forward it to the barrister !!! 4 days before I despair I swear what a blooming palava it seems there will be less public funds ? shall I set this out again in the Ahmed style formula? Im hoping it dosent come too all that where hes looking at lots of sets of figures I did highlight what you told me that no prospective job offers should be taken into consideration but My solicitor still wants them how do you think I should send them in Just a photocopy or in the ABC formula by the way apparently my tax credits should be more than tthe 144 ive been recieving in fact double that they were only paying for one child I promise my awful e mails are coming to an end dear one its very near appeal xxxx

:?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I think it's crazy to expect the appellant to be starting to project benefit income as the calculations become scarily complex as there are loads of parameters I.e. Disability elements. The judge is on the wrong track but perhaps s(he) will see all the calculations and just cave in. I doubt very much s(he) will actually comprehend it. Disposable income is very relative on one's circumstance and lifestyle hence the income support applicable amount is what should be followed. You should set your income out as per the existing case law I.e. Ahmed. Best of luck hon.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jojochaachaa

amber

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

D4109125 wrote:Yes they are the cases, hopefully it will be well laid out. The Judge should look at chapter 5.1(a) of the guidance as that clearly states that benefit income can be used as income and it does not exclude any benefit at all.
This is how I have set out the new figures does it look ok to you or do I need any changes before I send to Barrister please

Following the Upper Tribunal case of Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (click) (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2 , staff considering an application for entry clearance, leave to remain, further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain must demonstrate calculations detailing the actual financial position of the applicant/sponsor in all cases that fall for refusal using the following formula:

A – B ≥ C

A minus B is greater than or equal to C.

Where:

A is the projected income (after deduction of income tax and national insurance contributions);

B is what needs to be spent on accommodation; and

C is the amount of Income Support an equivalent British family of that size can receive.

For the purpose of income, benefit income can be used as income as per the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance at page 2, paragraph 5.1(a). No benefit income is said to be excluded in the Immigration directorate instructions, however, as the Disability Living Allowance is for my children’s care and mobility needs therefore, I have not included this in the calculation. I have calculated all figures as weekly as per the benefit entitlement letters (included). For C, the income support applicable amounts for my family unit, I have used the latest April 2013 income support rates as per the DWP figures (included).

Therefore,

A, income is:

Husbands Salary£221.44 after tax and national insurance contibutions
Child benefit = £33.70
Carer’s Allowance = £58.45
Child Tax Credits = £277.34
Child maintenance = £69.00
Working tax credits £89.88
Non means tested dla £293.75

Total income = £1043.56per week

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £89.00
Council tax = £11.60

Total accommodation costs = £100.60 per week

C, income support applicable amount:

An amount for a couple = £112.55 per week
An amount for 2 children = £65.62 x 2 = £131.24 per week

The total income support applicable amount for my family unit including my partner =£243.79 per week

A at £1043.58 – B at £100.60 = £942.96
-income support family rate £243.79

As £699.17 is greater than C at £243.79 I satisfy the requirements as per Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2. Therefore, my application should be granted.

Furthermore, I have savings of £4000 which would be an additional tariff income of:

£6000 divided by visa duration of 130 weeks (2.5 years) = £46.15 per week

Furthermore, all the benefits I receive will be paid at a different lesser rate when my partner joins me, . There will be no additional recourse to public funds when my partner joins me in fact there will be less recourse to public funds as we will be paying housing council tax and income support will stop too

“It seems to us that, since these issues involve mixed fact and law, an appellant in an immigration appeal must be able to demonstrate to the judicial fact-finder, either that the actual financial position on arrival will be such as to make it unnecessary to rely upon benefits in order to provide a standard of living equivalent to that available on means tested benefits, or that the relevant law bears on the circumstances of the family, in such a way that there will be no additional recourse to public funds in doing so.”

what do you think?

Love always

Jo :?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: amber

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 pm

jojochaachaa wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Yes they are the cases, hopefully it will be well laid out. The Judge should look at chapter 5.1(a) of the guidance as that clearly states that benefit income can be used as income and it does not exclude any benefit at all.
This is how I have set out the new figures does it look ok to you or do I need any changes before I send to Barrister please

Following the Upper Tribunal case of Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (click) (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2 , staff considering an application for entry clearance, leave to remain, further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain must demonstrate calculations detailing the actual financial position of the applicant/sponsor in all cases that fall for refusal using the following formula:

A – B ≥ C

Where:

A is the projected income (after deduction of income tax and national insurance contributions);

C is the amount of Income Support an equivalent British family of that size can receive.

For the purpose of income, benefit income can be used as income as per the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance at page 2, paragraph 5.1(a). No benefit income is said to be excluded in the Immigration directorate instructions, however, as the Disability Living Allowance is for my children’s care and mobility needs therefore, I have not included this in the calculation. I have calculated all figures as weekly as per the benefit entitlement letters (included). For C, the income support applicable amounts for my family unit, I have used the latest April 2013 income support rates as per the DWP figures (included).

Therefore,

A, income is:

Child benefit = £33.70

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £89.00
Council tax = £11.60

The total income support applicable amount for my family unit including my partner =£243.79 per week

As £942.96 is greater than C at £243.79 I satisfy the requirements as per Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2. Therefore, my application should be granted.

Furthermore, I have savings of £6000 which would be an additional tariff income of:

Moreover, all the benefits I receive will be paid at a reduced rate when my partner joins me. There will be no additional recourse to public funds when my partner joins me in fact there will be less recourse to public funds as housing council tax and income support will stop.

“It seems to us that, since these issues involve mixed fact and law, an appellant in an immigration appeal must be able to demonstrate to the judicial fact-finder, either that the actual financial position on arrival will be such as to make it unnecessary to rely upon benefits in order to provide a standard of living equivalent to that available on means tested benefits, or that the relevant law bears on the circumstances of the family, in such a way that there will be no additional recourse to public funds in doing so.”

what do you think?

Love always

Just a slight amendment.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jojochaachaa

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:35 pm

D4109125 wrote:
jojochaachaa wrote:

A – B ≥ C

Where:

Therefore,

A, income is:

Child benefit = £33.70

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £89.00
Council tax = £11.60

As £942.96 is greater than C at £243.79 I satisfy the requirements as per Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2. Therefore, my application should be granted.

Furthermore, I have savings of £6000 which would be an additional tariff income of:

Moreover, all the benefits I receive will be paid at a different lesser rate when my partner joins me. There will be no additional recourse to public funds when my partner joins me in fact there will be less recourse to public funds as we will be paying housing council tax and income support will stop too

what do you think?

Love always

Just a slight amendment.
you have ammended this yes? thank you even if I take out the dla its still above the required amount isnt it? your such a nice person thanking you so much xx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Yes they are the cases, hopefully it will be well laid out. The Judge should look at chapter 5.1(a) of the guidance as that clearly states that benefit income can be used as income and it does not exclude any benefit at all.

A – B ≥ C

Where:

Therefore,

A, income is:

Child benefit = £33.70

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £89.00
Council tax = £11.60

Moreover, all the benefits I receive will be paid at a reduced rate when my partner joins me. There will be no additional recourse to public funds when my partner joins me in fact there will be less recourse to public funds as housing council tax and income support will stop.

what do you think?

Love always

Yes that's amended, best of luck, I'm sure you'll have no problems.

jojochaachaa

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:43 pm

A – B ≥ C

Where:

Therefore,

A, income is:

Child benefit = £33.70

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £89.00
Council tax = £11.60

what do you think?

Love always

Yes that's amended, best of luck, I'm sure you'll have no problems.
would you please allow me to send you something for all your help Pleaaase?????

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Just some nice thoughts, that's all ;-)

jojochaachaa

lovely lady

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:Just some nice thoughts, that's all ;-)
would it be ok if I sent you reiki? Healing I am a reiki master and practitioner I know you have a lovely selfless energy and you will never know how much you have truly helped me, Interesting that you have the name Amber or you like to be called that Amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but a fossilized sap from prehistoric trees that has aged over the course of millions of years. I have a lovely piece of Amber I would like to send to you its a pendant if you would accept after the appeal I can post it to you if you would purleeeeze accept xxx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 pm

I couldn't accept a gift, not only does it go against the ethos of the forum and don't help for reward. A gift for me would be your husband being granted his visa. Thanks for the info regarding amber :-)

jojochaachaa

awwww

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 pm

D4109125 wrote:I couldn't accept a gift, not only does it go against the ethos of the forum and don't help for reward. A gift for me would be your husband being granted his visa. Thanks for the info regarding amber :-)
That is just such a lovely thing to say and that is a very evolved thing to say as a human being positive thoughts till thursday then hey Mrs?

I spoke to the barrister and he did sound like he will stand well in court but I will not sit there quaking and shaking this time if I feel hes not answering well I will have to speak up

Jo xx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Indeed, I'm glad you feel empowered. Do make yourself heard if you're not happy how things are going.

jojochaachaa

lol

Post by jojochaachaa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:Indeed, I'm glad you feel empowered. Do make yourself heard if you're not happy how things are going.
he he wonder if they will tell me the decision on the day or will they make me wait for the determination who knows ?

jo

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:22 am

Hopefully on the day the judge will say s(he) is satisfied.

jojochaachaa

omg

Post by jojochaachaa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:12 pm

D4109125 wrote:Hopefully on the day the judge will say s(he) is satisfied.
oh wow how scary its a he its the same judge that we had the first time around xx

jojochaachaa

Re: omg

Post by jojochaachaa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 pm

jojochaachaa wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Hopefully on the day the judge will say s(he) is satisfied.
oh wow how scary its a he its the same judge that we had the first time around xx
Hello Amber well the day has finally arrived tommorow I have submitted everything I possibly can I just hope the barrister knows his case laws etc I hope so ?

do you think I should take any of the case laws printed out just in case or am I hyper worrying?

Just wanted to thank you in advance for all of your help and information you really have gave me hope during all of this I just hope it dosent get too complex tommorow what with all the job figures etc

Love

Jo x :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:06 pm

You will be fine, I hope the judge understands all the (unnecessary) prospective job figures. Though, I'm sure he will.

jojochaachaa

Happy Ending

Post by jojochaachaa » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:You will be fine, I hope the judge understands all the (unnecessary) prospective job figures. Though, I'm sure he will.
Amber the appeal went well the eco decided on the figures that he was going to overturn the decision! he has sent it back to be overturned , you were right we didnt need the job offer and all that palava we just needed to show we covered the housing costs which of course we can

Just back very tired but a very Happy wife waiting for my Husband

Many Thanks

and I hope I can help people in the future too

Much love

Jo x

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Indeed, as I said that job offer was irrelevant (and couldn't be included anyway).

Well done, relax and get ready to welcome your hubby.

jojochaachaa

Happy ever after

Post by jojochaachaa » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:10 pm

D4109125 wrote:Indeed, as I said that job offer was irrelevant (and couldn't be included anyway).

I trusted you much more than anyone else I have spoken too they just want me too find the tax credit calculation from 2012 and post it in oh I am very happy but very tired after all the adrenelin Amber I will be in touch

Lots and lots of Thanks and love

Jo :lol:
ps you were part of my happy ever after a huge tick for you up with the Big man in the sky

jojochaachaa

do u know?

Post by jojochaachaa » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:05 am

D4109125 wrote:Indeed, as I said that job offer was irrelevant (and couldn't be included anyway).

Hi Amber would u happen to know what happens after the decision is overturned will they contact my husband in morocco I was in such a state in court I really didnt take it all in

love

jo