ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient EU national claimed public fund

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XABI

Self sufficient EU national claimed public fund

Post by XABI » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi guys

Being partner of an EU national and Eu national exercising treaty right through non EU partner's work in the UK and both have CSI

But by exercising treaty right in this way makes the EU national a self sufficient person where it is been specified they should not be burden on public funds by UKBA . And what if they receive some public benefit like disability living allowance and council housing accommodation during qualifying period. And they think they have rights based on the information: Public funds that can be claimed due to exceptions, exceptions because of a person’s nationality,Agreements between UK, the European Union and other countries that available in the UKBA;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:56 pm

self sufficiency on public funds cannot be claimed although EU national workers/self employed can claim public funds.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

XABI

Post by XABI » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 pm

sheraz7 wrote:self sufficiency on public funds cannot be claimed although EU national workers/self employed can claim public funds.
My claim was not about EU national was about non EU national (Algerian,Turkish, Moroccan) read it out again including the link please.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Then, are you sure that you are in correct forum as anything relates to your ("on EU national) activities are irrelevant to EEA route application.
Last edited by sheraz7 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REGARDS

XABI

Post by XABI » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:50 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Then, are you sure that you are in correct forum as anything relates to your ("on EU national) activities are irrelevant to EEA route application.
What I am saying here is the circle that turns the rights around that is residence card gives right to those nationals to stay legal and right to work in the uk and because of their countries agreement with UK and EU gives them the right to claim those funds as indicated in the link if those national have received such public under exceptions they wont be effected in case they apply for residence permit

Because EU national relies on Non-EU nationals partner income "partner" who is from this specific countries that have such agreement with UK and EU.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:53 pm

refers to forum called claiming benefits to which your query relate. There write your circumstances in detail then someone can answer.
REGARDS

XABI

Post by XABI » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:04 pm

sheraz7 wrote:refers to forum called claiming benefits to which your query relate. There write your circumstances in detail then someone can answer.
My question is about EEA application in situation like this would one qualifies for permanent residence.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm

XABI wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:refers to forum called claiming benefits to which your query relate. There write your circumstances in detail then someone can answer.
My question is about EEA application in situation like this would one qualifies for permanent residence.
EEA nationals who are residing in the UK should generally be able to support themselves without help from public funds. EEA nationals who are exercising Treaty rights in the UK as workers, self employed persons or work seekers are able to claim public funds without their right

of residence being affected.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:09 am

XABI wrote:Hi Guys
The paragraph bellow is from European Casework Instructions.

For the purpose of these instructions public funds means:

• Income Support and income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)(IB);

• housing and homelessness assistance;

• Housing and Council Tax Benefit;

• Working families' Tax Credit;

• A social fund payment;

• Child benefit; or

• Any disability allowance.

These are all income-related benefits. Being in receipt of one of these benefits may affect a
person's right of residence. Contributory benefits are not considered as public funds and for the purpose of these instructions Social Housing is not to be regarded as a public fund.

Just I want know about those two things;

for the purpose of these instructions Social Housing is not to be regarded as a public fund

here what is the difference between Social Housing and housing and homelessness assistance.[/i][/u]
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

XABI

Post by XABI » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 am

Hi Guys

Sorry back to old thread my mistake.
The paragraph bellow is from European Casework Instructions.

For the purpose of these instructions public funds means:

• Income Support and income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)(IB);

• Housing and Council Tax Benefit;

• Working families' Tax Credit;

• A social fund payment;

• Child benefit; or

• Any disability allowance.

These are all income-related benefits. Being in receipt of one of these benefits may affect a
person's right of residence. Contributory benefits are not considered as public funds and for the purpose of these instructions Social Housing is not to be regarded as a public fund.

Just I want know about those two things;

for the purpose of these instructions Social Housing is not to be regarded as a public fund

here what is the difference between Social Housing and housing and homelessness assistance.[/i][/u]

sublime688

ok

Post by sublime688 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:50 am

Housing and Homelessness assistance has to do with things like, homeless support and advice, provision of temporary homeless accommodation such as hostels or other temp accommodation etc which are publicly funded, and most often the government funds these homelessness services via something called Supporting People Fund

XABI

Re: ok

Post by XABI » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:30 pm

sublime688 wrote:Housing and Homelessness assistance has to do with things like, homeless support and advice, provision of temporary homeless accommodation such as hostels or other temp accommodation etc which are publicly funded, and most often the government funds these homelessness services via something called Supporting People Fund
Hi sublime688

Thanks for the answer I am just trying to find out if a council flat that provided by council in that context count as Housing and Homelessness assistance or social housing.Because we have been given a council flat as my EU national was self sufficient

XABI

Post by XABI » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:05 am

sublime688 wrote:Housing and Homelessness assistance has to do with things like, homeless support and advice, provision of temporary homeless accommodation such as hostels or other temp accommodation etc which are publicly funded, and most often the government funds these homelessness services via something called Supporting People Fund
Hi sublime688

Thanks for the answer I am just trying to find out if a council flat that provided by council in that context count as Housing and Homelessness assistance or social housing.Because we have been given a council flat as my EU national was self sufficient

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 am

XABI wrote:Because we have been given a council flat as my EU national was self sufficient
Doesn't the last sentence contradict itself? Surely you have been offered a council flat as you can't maintain yourself based on your current circumstances.

XABI

Post by XABI » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Jambo wrote:
XABI wrote:Because we have been given a council flat as my EU national was self sufficient
Doesn't the last sentence contradict itself? Surely you have been offered a council flat as you can't maintain yourself based on your current circumstances.
Jumbo
The question is weather council Flat/House is a social house or not based on this, even HO is indicating especially in the immigration case instruction it should not be confused, I think your opinion here as above is irrelevant.

I'd like to repeat the question, is council flat/house is a social housing?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Yes.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 pm

OP, on what basis was the Eu national self-sufficient?

XABI

Post by XABI » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:06 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:OP, on what basis was the Eu national self-sufficient?
Well the reason was Eu was sick for period of time and when the application made to local authority all income(none EU was working and EU spouse was relaying on this income, that is the self suf.) was informed and application was approved and after not for long we were placed in council flat.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 pm

The question boils down to whether or not the person poses an unreasonable burden on the UK's resources or not.

It is unlikely living in a social housing will.

Social Housing is not means-tested as far as i know. All british citizens are entitled to apply. If they meet the criteria, i supposed they will be put on priority.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors