ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Good day everyone!! To those granted, congratulations!! To those in a similar position like mine and haven't been granted, have no fear, good things will surely come you're way! To those still waiting, hang in there!

I was wondering guys, on the backdrop of so many unlawful decisions coming from the HO. I was thinking how we can get the absurd nature of HO decision making be made known to parliamentarians (You know like the one headed by Keith Vaz)! Maybe try to get an early day motion or petition or something.
I don't think that they are quite aware of the level of decision making and quite frankly, will inevitably will cost their precious taxpayers in terms of cost? I'm sure there are literally hundreds of people in our situation and the're probably are many silent followers who are in this situation and know other people as well ! I dunno, what do you guys think??
Sounds like a great idea. We have to get as many signatures as possible
I agree I have doing my banditry email campaigns surreptitiously

To CITTO@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk 'Treat Office' this is brought straight to Mark Harper's attention

We now know from other practitioners that 18 months is no longer considered an unusual timescale for getting round to enforcement. One might have expected (or, at least hoped) that, with the dismantling of the old UK Border Agency, some improvement might be observed , but it is most disappointing to observe that things seem, if anything, to have got worse. One wonders what the Home Affairs Select Committee or the Inspectorate would make of this.
@Believe2013. Please check your inbox! @ Chidy congrats to you. Good to hear a bit of good news filtering out! @Sweetypie,welcome to the forum
I agree with you guys, I will give you a simple example
HO made decision on my application on 17 Sep 2013 without insufficient evidence of documents (didn't request any I could have given them 100 proofs) , my solicitor got the refusal letter on Thursday , by the time I got the letter it was Saturday 21sep 2013. The deadline for removal is 26th Sep 2013.
Which means I have got 5 days to leave the country.
How can a person leave the country within 5days who has established for 13 long years ? They are just wicked people with no common sense.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 pm

elastep wrote:
SDP wrote:Bad news friends!
Received a call from solicitor saying my application is refused.
I need to see him tomorrow.
I know he will ask me to go for JR for which I am not prepared mentally and financially, I will just put in a reconsideration letter just to buy time from enforcement team, meanwhile I will clear all my stuff , book my tickets and fly back to my home country in a dignified way.
I will let you all know once when I see my solicitor tomorrow
Good Luck guys
@SDP
My case is similar to yours. I have no partner, no kids and I have lived here for 9 years. My other family members got granted in 2007 and I'm the odd one fighting the ukba since 2004 when I came in as a 17 year old.
So I want you to go and talk to the citizen advice bureau see what advice they might give you before you talk to a good lawyer.
Thank you for your advice, I will see them tomorrow and update you.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks Nilemarques!
Definitely loads of people watching silently and lifting hope from all the discussions.
I have no children or partner, but adult relatives parents with child sibling. I won my case in first tier tribunal after a hellish time with no work. Life was so hard. I lost my job, lost my boyfriend/fiancé. Good riddance now in his case although then it hurt so much. I studied here since my early teens and went to university. I now have a better job since I got DL but can't wait to get to settlement :)
So I shared that to encourage all those going through tough times that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I wonder how long it will take to get acknowledgement letter. I posted yesterday but so nervous. I even put 5 stamped return envelopes :?
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Good evening all, Congrats chidy and righteous. Welcome Sweetypie. Yummymummy, I did have a good weekend thanks, hope you too. Thank you for our weekly prayers. I hope and pray for more good news for all of us this coming week

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks believe2013, this week must rain good news

Goodnight all x

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 am

@sweetypie @yummymummy you are way too kind ladiezzzzz :P

@SDP How are you today darling? I totally agree its despicable to give a person few days only to pack up 13 years of their life and leave the country.
I think its not a bad idea to pop in to Citizens Advice Bureau (as someone here suggested).

Shouts out to @Keisha @Summer2013 How are you ladies?

Happy Monday to all of us still waiting!! Another long weekend is over!! Hope this week brings us lots and lots of good news!!!
*Resuming my position by the letterbox!!!!* 8)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Indie007
Newly Registered

Post by Indie007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 am

Hi all
Thank you for your kind words when i was undergoing a very dark phase.
On a different note ,I found a link in Colin Yeo 's blog and it might give hope to those who have been refused and cant afford JR.Apparently you can ask the HO to serve you removal directions if you meet the criteria ......

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/09/ ... more-10021

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Indie007 wrote:Hi all
On a different note ,I found a link in Colin Yeo 's blog and it might give hope to those who have been refused and cant afford JR.Apparently you can ask the HO to serve you removal directions if you meet the criteria ......

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/09/ ... more-10021
Good work agent!!!! Thank you for this!!! 8)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 pm

[quote="Sweetypie"]Thanks Nilemarques!
Definitely loads of people watching silently and lifting hope from all the discussions.
I have no children or partner, but adult relatives parents with child sibling. I won my case in first tier tribunal after a hellish time with no work. Life was so hard. I lost my job, lost my boyfriend/fiancé. Good riddance now in his case although then it hurt so much. I studied here since my early teens and went to university. I now have a better job since I got DL but can't wait to get to settlement :)
So I shared that to encourage all those going through tough times that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I wonder how long it will take to get acknowledgement letter. I posted yesterday but so nervous. I even put 5 stamped return envelopes :?[/quote]

@Sweetypie! All's well. I'm pretty confident you will get your extension. I think the HO is kinda working swiftly with recent applications. I think my acknowledgement letter arrived after about 4 weeks. So I guess you should receive yours hopefully in 2-4 weeks! Be strong, people who desert people in their time of need are not worth worrying about! Take care!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

[quote="Indie007"]Hi all

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/09/ ... more-10021[/quote]

Nice 1 Indie! Came across it just before I logged onto the forum and was a out to link it!

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Twice they've requested more documents from me but I'm still waiting, it's frustrating. It's a fresh application, I live with my british partner and we have a daughter together. I'm getting frustrated now as most september applicants have received a decision. time line:

Application sent: 7/09/12
Ack. Letter: 26/09/12
Biometrics: 18/02/13
Doc requested: 16/08/13
Doc requested: 12/09/13

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Chidy wrote:Hello guys

I came home tonight and found a letter from my lawyer saying that she has been trying to contact me since the 2nd September 2013. The HO granted me three (3) years extension on 28th August 2013. She asked if I have already received my Biometric package and I should expect it within 10 days of the date they granted me.

I am married to a british wife without child since 2004. I applied for ILR in 2008 on fourteen years and was refused but granted 3 years DLR in 2009.

I will like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all the members of this forum who have been fantastic. I did not feel the time passing because of you. Your contribution was like a “drug” for me. Every day I have to read this forum before sleeping, that would relieve my “waiting” pain.

God bless you all and grant you your best wishes!

Date Applied/Docs sent: 2/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 31/10/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 8/02/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 14/02/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 02/09/2013
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : Granted FLR(0) extension on 28/08/2013
Congratulations and all the best for the future.......

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:05 pm

SDP wrote:Hi everyone !
Just want a quick suggestion
HO in my refusal letter says that " we have carefully considered your application on the basis of private life in UK, you claim that you lived in UK since 2001 there has been insufficient evidence Provided to support the claim further their is no reason why You cannot continue your life in home country"

My question is how the hell they considered my case carefully under article 8 when they didn't have sufficient evidence? they shd have asked for more documents becz private life is all about my establishment in this country. To be honest I have given all my P60 from 2001 till 2011 if I didn't work how would I have my P60's. I have never stepped out of the country even for one single day since 2001!
sometimes these areas that they mention are the areas you need to tighten up in further applications. My friend was once told that her marriage was fake and designed to get her husband into the UK from Africa. She put in a new application and sent them proof of phone calls between the two, pictures of her visit home, pictures of their wedding, plane tickets for her family who travelled to Africa for the wedding and wrote a covering letter asking them how people can travel from America for a fake wedding...etc. So take those weaknesses they mention as the points you need to strengthen. Good luck.

elastep

Post by elastep » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Twice they've requested more documents from me but I'm still waiting, it's frustrating. It's a fresh application, I live with my british partner and we have a daughter together. I'm getting frustrated now as most september applicants have received a decision. time line:

@Fayvritt
don't worry too much that they asked for more documents. It must surely mean that your caseworker is someone with enough brains who really is giving your case the attention it deserve. I pray that your case have a good outcome.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Sweetypie wrote:Thanks Nilemarques!
So I shared that to encourage all those going through tough times that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I wonder how long it will take to get acknowledgement letter. I posted yesterday but so nervous. I even put 5 stamped return envelopes :?
@Sweetypie
Welcome to the club of comfort and idea, where we help each other while away some of their time when they feel helpless against Hot Face aka :twisted: ukba.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:03 pm

elastep wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:Twice they've requested more documents from me but I'm still waiting, it's frustrating. It's a fresh application, I live with my british partner and we have a daughter together. I'm getting frustrated now as most september applicants have received a decision. time line:

@Fayvritt
don't worry too much that they asked for more documents. It must surely mean that your caseworker is someone with enough brains who really is giving your case the attention it deserve. I pray that your case have a good outcome.
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 pm

hi guys i need advice. my sister who is british born but has her last application refused. she does have assylum application since few years. she is married to a british guy in proper religous wedding. i just want to know that can she do her british registeration through normal registar office as she has her birth certificate and other ID's or she still has to go to the designated office. and also would there be any problem for her even though she is already married and have proof of it and this is just for registeration and its not sham

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm

summer2013 wrote:time503 please check your inbox
Hello summer2013 please check your inbox
Cheers

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Time503 wrote:
summer2013 wrote:time503 please check your inbox
Hello summer2013 please check your inbox
Cheers
time503 thanks a million times i have replyed
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 pm

verbina wrote:@sweetypie @yummymummy you are way too kind ladiezzzzz :P

@SDP How are you today darling? I totally agree its despicable to give a person few days only to pack up 13 years of their life and leave the country.
I think its not a bad idea to pop in to Citizens Advice Bureau (as someone here suggested).

Shouts out to @Keisha @Summer2013 How are you ladies?

Happy Monday to all of us still waiting!! Another long weekend is over!! Hope this week brings us lots and lots of good news!!!
*Resuming my position by the letterbox!!!!* 8)
verbina thankyou darling for checking on as. without you guys i would give up. This forum keeps my hopes alive. I pray that this week brings good news for you who are waiting !!!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 pm

elastep wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Thanks Nilemarques!
@Sweetypie
Welcome to the club of comfort and idea, where we help each other while away some of their time when they feel helpless against Hot Face aka :twisted: ukba.
@Elastep. Thank you so much, we are going through the same thing, give or take.

@Nilemarques , you are absolutely correct. People who dessert you in troubled times are not worth worry. Glad I didn't marry him now coz I would have been on trouble. You need people who support you when the going gets going:)

Hope you had a good day Verbina, Yummymummy and everyone else. Visas will come this week.

My special delivery application was signed for this morning at 9.04am. I hope they don't put it on the back burner and start watching Jeremy Kyle. Thanks to the advise on this brilliant forum I put a bankers draft!!! So the wait starts here... Thanks for all the timescales

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi all, a superb article on Judicial Reviews

http://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2013/09/ ... l-reviews/

k_alibaba

DL Extension under article 8 for my wife and daughter

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 am

Dear Forum Members
I hope you're well.
We been granted DL in 2010 on article 8 and in the meantime myself and UK born son got permanent settlement (mine 10 years rules and son on MN1)
But the down side of the DL is, my wife and daughter cant switch to my dependants and will have to complete another 3 years on DL. The circumstances on which we applied, are the same.
Now I need your help to apply for their extension.
1- does anyone in the forum have recently applied for DL extension under article 8? And how much time will the home office take ?
2- since the case is already established, I hope is they won't take as much time and checks as they did in the past.

Please help and advice.
Cheers

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 am

Believe2013 wrote:Hi all, a superb article on Judicial Reviews

http://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2013/09/ ... l-reviews/
Thanks for the link. Very interesting article. It highly home office shady ways of handling applications, it also recognised the fact that, they don't even follow their own rules.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

bobby04
Newly Registered

Good morning all

Post by bobby04 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 am

I pray today will bring its goodness on your way. For those with heavy heart as a result of resufal or waiting . God will put smile in your faces and you will sing a new song.

Depite it is almost 3 weeks I got my leave to remain, I cannot but visit this forum several times in a day. Once again i cannot express how great you people are to me. It is like you are part of my big family. Indeed everyone is great.

I seek your indulgence to express my appreciation to Verbina, not only because of her active contribution (a lot of people are active on the forum ) but in the face of her personal challenges outside immigration issue. Yet she still finds time in her large heart to put smile in our faces. Verbina, you a blessing to your generation. I strongly believe you have beautiful days ahead of you and sky nor immigration nor your present personal problems are not enough to limit you.

Once again Bloggers, all your contributions are appreciated and have a blissful day.