ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

withdrwn my citizenship ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabel
Newly Registered

withdrwn my citizenship ceremony

Post by nabel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:01 pm

hi all
just ten days befor my citizenship ceremony i got letter
they say your citizenship ceremony has been withdrawn this because further evaluation of your case is required before your application can be granted in a citizenship ceremony
what that mean ?

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 pm

sorry to hear that , it is very unusual to hear of something like this happening .
i think i have read something similar on this forum , it was copied from the Kildare Street Leaders questions (may be it was your case , may be not ) .

to be honest with you , you will need to provide as much informations as possible to the people in this forum to be able to Advise you on what to do .

i personally think it has to be a major issue that they have discovered , or may be someone may have supplied them with crucial information that have led to their decision .

is it something you did not disclose on your application ?? is it something that has happened between the time you were approved but waiting on the Ceremony ??
basically what i' am trying to say is there has to be a reason for their decision and you need to find out what it is . if you think that you are clean and nothing you have hidden from them or no issues arose between your approval and the Ceremony , then you might have a case to ask them first for the reason , then move on to taking a high court challenge .

wishing you the best of luck , as this is a very very unusual and unheard of situation .

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: withdrwn my citizenship ceremony

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 pm

nabel wrote:hi all
they say your citizenship ceremony has been withdrawn this because further evaluation of your case is required before your application can be granted in a citizenship ceremony
what that mean ?
Can you tell us more about this? I have heard about a case that matched your case and I was deeply surprised by it. What exactly happened?

Did you committed any offense recently or in the past? Was there any error on your application?

Was there any discrepancies on your application?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Saegh
Newly Registered

Post by Saegh » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 pm

what that mean ?
. I only heard of one case like yours of a Syrian man how was involved in protest against Syrian government in Dublin ... I personally believe if you are involved in protest like that they will keep in aye on you .I wish you the best of luck

nabel
Newly Registered

Post by nabel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
what that mean ?
Can you tell us more about this? I have heard about a case that matched your case and I was deeply surprised by it. What exactly happened?

Did you committed any offense recently or in the past? Was there any error on your application?

Thank you all ,
but believe me, does not have any problem, so I am very surprised and upset why this happened to me

i dont have any problem with garda or tax or .....

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 pm

nabel wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
what that mean ?

Thank you all ,
but believe me, does not have any problem, so I am very surprised and upset why this happened to me

well that is good enough for the people in this forum to believe you and symphasise with you .

it has to be something man , do you have an ex.wife/Girlfriend , any person who may know about your application , and who may wish you do not acquire Citizenship ??

you will need to sit back and think of anything and everybody that may jeopordise the outcome of your application .

but if you think that there's nothing wrong with your application's Disclosure and nobody that you may think of may have disclosed some crucial information about you , then i think it is time to consult a Good solicitor and bring a high court Proceedings against this decision . i can not tell you what the outcome of this court proceedings will be , but i can tell you that there will be plenty of solicitors out there who will be willing to take on your case to the High Court as this a first .

Good Luck and please do let us know how you get on ...

nabel
Newly Registered

Post by nabel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 pm

adelmurray wrote:
nabel wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
what that mean ?

Thank you all ,

well that is good enough for the people in this forum to believe you and symphasise with you .

it has to be something man , do you have an ex.wife/Girlfriend , any person who may know about your application , and who may wish you do not acquire Citizenship ??

you will need to sit back and think of anything and everybody that may jeopordise the outcome of your application .

but if you think that there's nothing wrong with your application's Disclosure and nobody that you may think of may have disclosed some crucial information about you , then i think it is time to consult a Good solicitor and bring a high court Proceedings against this decision . i can not tell you what the outcome of this court proceedings will be , but i can tell you that there will be plenty of solicitors out there who will be willing to take on your case to the High Court as this a first .

My wife and all my children have received citizenship in this year without any problems

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm

adelmurray wrote:well that is not (corrected) good enough for the people in this forum to believe you and symphasise with you .

That is exactly right. Something has to be terrible wrong with his application. The world is not out there to get him!.

The INIS are not stupid nor crazy, they cannot just withdraw someone's application like that without a valid reason!. There is definitely something very wrong!.

When an application is withdrawn in this manner, I doubt any Solicitor or Court Proceedings will resolve this issue. This case is bigger than all approved applicants combined!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm

nabel wrote:My wife and all my children have received citizenship in this year without any problems
Ofcourse your wife and children could receive citizenship because each case is treated individually. Your wife and children have absolutely nothing to do with you or your case! in citizenship process.

There is something about you that the INIS isnt buying!.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm

what that mean ?
I would suggest that you contact them and ask why.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
I would suggest that you contact them and ask why.
Exactly ... Before deciding on what to do (or not), the first thing is to try to find out what the issue is.

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:57 am

what that mean ?

when exactly was this? was in before the august ceremony?
NICEANDSMOOTH

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

The good news is that if your children have citizenship your right to live and work in Ireland is secure until the youngest child is 18 years old. If your wife has citizenship any subsequent child she gives birth to or adopts is automatically an Irish citizen.

If you do not get citizenship then you should apply for a Zambrano visa when the current visa expires - this is the easiest one to get.
BL

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Saegh wrote:I only heard of one case like yours of a Syrian man how was involved in protest against Syrian government in Dublin ... I personally believe if you are involved in protest like that they will keep in aye on you .I wish you the best of luck
How would they even find out that you participated in a protest? Unless you cause some trouble and come under the adverse attention of the Garda, protesting should be fine.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 pm

How would they even find out that you participated in a protest?

1. Videotape the protest.
2. Use facial recognition technology to compare photos of the protestors against photos on passports and drivers lic.

It is easy and cheap, because the computer does all the work. The technology is expensive, but once you have bought the tech it is low cost to operate.

Some shops do the same thing - they have a file of shoplifters photos on computer, and the computer recognises them the moment they enter a shop, using facial recognition technology.

This is one of the reason there is such a fuss in some countries about women wearing the veil - their face is not recognisable using facial recognition technology.

Large sunglasses, peaked caps, hair covering the ears also hurt the facial recognition tech, as it works partly by measuring distance between defined points such as eyes/nose/ears/mouth/chin. The facial recognition tech also works better on pale skin - no idea why that is the case, but it is so.

The facial recognition tech is good enough that it can distinguish between identical twins.
BL

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:How would they even find out that you participated in a protest?

1. Videotape the protest.
2. Use facial recognition technology to compare photos of the protestors against photos on passports and drivers lic.

It is easy and cheap, because the computer does all the work. The technology is expensive, but once you have bought the tech it is low cost to operate.

Some shops do the same thing - they have a file of shoplifters photos on computer, and the computer recognises them the moment they enter a shop, using facial recognition technology.

This is one of the reason there is such a fuss in some countries about women wearing the veil - their face is not recognisable using facial recognition technology.

Large sunglasses, peaked caps, hair covering the ears also hurt the facial recognition tech, as it works partly by measuring distance between defined points such as eyes/nose/ears/mouth/chin. The facial recognition tech also works better on pale skin - no idea why that is the case, but it is so.

The facial recognition tech is good enough that it can distinguish between identical twins.
While facial recognition may be theoretically possible, it isn't even remotely plausible in Ireland. To give an example, videos of shoplifters here in Ireland are aired on TV, with the hope that someone would recognize the faces.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Maybe he was granted without proper background checks...maybe they are doing a recall on some of whom they have granted recently due to some error on their part. Maybe his vetting just came through & something popped up. I doubt they will start going to protest videos just because of one man...

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 pm

mred1 wrote:Maybe he was granted without proper background checks...maybe they are doing a recall on some of whom they have granted recently due to some error on their part. Maybe because he is from syria..(I doubt this though- No discrimination) Maybe his vetting just came through & something popped up. I doubt they will start going to protest videos just because of one man...
He should call INIS and find out whats wrong i am sure they will tell him the cause. As he said 10 days before ceremony thats mean he suppose to attend the last ceremony, its been long time now he should find out whats wrong........

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 pm

mred1 wrote:Maybe he was granted without proper background checks...maybe they are doing a recall on some of whom they have granted recently due to some error on their part. Maybe because he is from syria..(I doubt this though- No discrimination) Maybe his vetting just came through & something popped up. I doubt they will start going to protest videos just because of one man...
He should call INIS and find out whats wrong i am sure they will tell him the cause. As he said 10 days before ceremony thats mean he suppose to attend the last ceremony, its been long time now he should find out whats wrong........

mred1

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 pm

dub007 wrote:He should call INIS and find out whats wrong i am sure they will tell him the cause. As he said 10 days before ceremony thats mean he suppose to attend the last ceremony, its been long time now he should find out whats wrong........
Exactly...That will help him know the next step to take.

nabel
Newly Registered

Post by nabel » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 pm

i send a letter 40 dayes ago
iam still waiting their answer

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

nabel wrote:i send a letter 40 dayes ago
iam still waiting their answer
you should call them 062 32500 or LoCall 1890 252854 This helpline is available from 10.00am to 12.30pm each Tuesday and Thursday mornings

mred1

Post by mred1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 pm

REMEMBER THIS CASE?

*571.* *Deputy Willie O'Dea* Information on Willie O'Dea
Zoom on Willie O'Dea
asked the *Minister for Justice and Equality* Information on Alan Shatter
Zoom on Alan Shatter
if he considers it just or fair that a person (details supplied) should be advised of the postponement of his citizenship ceremony one week prior to it occurring, having been previously advised that all was in order having been scheduled for 4 July next; and if he will make a statement on the matter. *[31961/13]*
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): Information on Alan Shatter
Zoom on Alan Shatter
A letter issued to the person referred to by the Deputy on 25 March, 2013 informing him it was intended to grant his application for a certificate of naturalisation. The applicant submitted the requested documents and an invitation issued to him to attend a citizenship ceremony on the 4 July, 2013.

In the interim and before the formal certificate of naturalisation was prepared further information came to light which requires to be considered before a final decision is made in this case. I do not want to pre-empt the outcome of these considerations except to say that officials in my Department will be in contact with the person as soon as possible regarding his application status.

As well as being a significant event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.**
"Question No. 572 answered with Question No. 541".

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 am

mred1 wrote:REMEMBER THIS CASE?

*571.* *Deputy Willie O'Dea* Information on Willie O'Dea
Zoom on Willie O'Dea
asked the *Minister for Justice and Equality* Information on Alan Shatter
Zoom on Alan Shatter
if he considers it just or fair that a person (details supplied) should be advised of the postponement of his citizenship ceremony one week prior to it occurring, having been previously advised that all was in order having been scheduled for 4 July next; and if he will make a statement on the matter. *[31961/13]*
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): Information on Alan Shatter
Zoom on Alan Shatter
A letter issued to the person referred to by the Deputy on 25 March, 2013 informing him it was intended to grant his application for a certificate of naturalisation. The applicant submitted the requested documents and an invitation issued to him to attend a citizenship ceremony on the 4 July, 2013.

In the interim and before the formal certificate of naturalisation was prepared further information came to light which requires to be considered before a final decision is made in this case. I do not want to pre-empt the outcome of these considerations except to say that officials in my Department will be in contact with the person as soon as possible regarding his application status.

As well as being a significant event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.**
"Question No. 572 answered with Question No. 541".
I do remember. Was this your case @nabel?

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am

Giving the uniqueness of Nabel's case, it is going to be highly recognisable and I advise Nabel NOT to give any details or update on your case on this public forum as it may well affect your application or jeopardise any future legal proceedings you may issue. Not to mention your personal information and private things been out on a wide wide cyber space.

Some people on this forum look at Nabel's case in an 'academic way' not taking into account his own welfare. Before the Forum Defence Brigade comes after me please note I say 'some people'.

I would rather go and seek legal advice from a good immigration solicitor.

All the best mate, keep on keeping on.